I'm 17 and I look like... 14. Watch

londonboym
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i'm 19 and got id'd for the lottery.

...such the ego booster when there's a line behind you.

i'm thinking of getting an ID card sewn into every top i have. that will save me the demoralising reach into my back pocket.
DannyBoy123
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
The way you dress makes a huge difference. I am 18 and probably look 16 at best, but people (that is girls ) have said I look about 21 when I 'dress up.' Also, as others have said, if you act more mature then you will seem older to.

I can't actually grow facial hair except like a tiny bit on my upper lip so that is out of the question in terms of making me look older - apparently this runs in the family though as my dad wasn't shaving until he was out of uni.
minim
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I often look younger, almost everyone says that.

It does depend on how I dress though.. when I wear a shirt I look older than when I only wear a T-shirt.

Also, put on some weight and muscle!!
flecalicious
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You're going to spend a hell of a lot longer wanting to look younger than you are wanting to look older :p:

I'm nearly 19, 5'1 and I have braces - unsurprisingly, I'm constantly getting ID'd. Just make sure you dress your age - none of these clothes that are too big because you think they'll make you look older (we can't see the size on the label, you know...) and, most importantly, act your age. The more comfortable you are with yourself, the more confident and hence older you'll seem.

And don't worry about it! I know a guy who's 20 and 5'3... you've got no problem!
Laurie_Wilko
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Don't worry, I had that problem all through my teens but have pretty much grown out of it now (at 20). You will probably too.
hazzypants
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Go and get some new clothes from zara or topman or river island or somewhere
Captain Haddock
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Don't worry too much about the height making you look young. I'm 19 years old and 6'6 but still find myself getting ID'd at pubs and off licenses while my shorter, more beardy friends have no trouble. It's all about the face, really. Meh.
SolInvictus
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm about 5 foot 6 inches, a guy, and I look so freaking young, it's seriously quite off-putting to be honest. =/ People just think I'm innocent and crap because i look young.. >_<

Are there any ways I can look older?
Aye, sounds like me at that age. Nothing you can do, but act more like a man, and stop getting hooked up about something so silly. In a few years you won't want to look older.
Anonymous #2
Report 10 years ago
I'm about 5 foot 6 inches, a guy, and I look so freaking young, it's seriously quite off-putting to be honest. =/ People just think I'm innocent and crap because i look young.. >_<

Are there any ways I can look older?
I'm a guy and 5ft6 too and 17 too...and I look like a little kiddie!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I feel your pain...

I'm still growing so there is hope...
Ferocious Parrot
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by aaloo)
Meh, you'll love it when you're 30 and look 23. And surely its handy for getting cheap transport fares/child tickets/cinema tickets? That's what I did til I grew into myself at 17.
I'm 18, i get told i look 14, yet i never succeed in getting child tickets or bus fares, but at the same time i get id'd for the lottery and clubs.

Anyways OP maybe you could post a picture? Some things might not work for you, others might.
*anon*
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
yeah a beard, hairstlye, muscles, act older, different clothes that you bought yourself.
dont worry though, as soon as your 18, it wont matter because you'll have ID thats what i rely on nowadays lol
strawberry
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm 20 years old, 5'2. I can't even ******** my way into a club because I just get carded every single time.
MimbleWimble
Report 10 years ago
You'll like it when you're thirty and still look like you're in your twenties. Anyway, I'm 19, 5'6 and I look about 15, so you're not alone.
Sithius
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I look young and mature at the same time. Best of both worlds!

I'm a guy and 5ft6 too and 17 too...and I look like a little kiddie!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I feel your pain...

I'm still growing so there is hope...
What the hell are you talking about? I can guarantee that if you were 6' you would still get ID'd. My uncle who is 18 (yes a year younger then me, work it out for yourself) gets ID'd and he is 6'3 and 17 stone. He isn't obese either, plays rugby for Cambridge under 21's.

It's your face. Do you think 5'7 50 year olds get asked for ID? Christ.
FireDeuce
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by pamelaa)
Hm maybe grow some facial hair? :P
Wear more mature & manly clothes etc too.
No, please don't. Shadows are never good.
Sine
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Im 16 and look bloody 20.I want to look my age
eclectic89
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm 5'1"(155cm) and I'm often mistaken for a 15 year old in Asia. I'm 19! People will probably think I'm 13 in Europe :/
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by hazzypants)
Go and get some new clothes from zara or topman or river island or somewhere
I was actually looking to get some new clothes, thanks a lot for that! Going to have to go tomorrow.

Thanks everyone for the replies, they're all helping me out!
Rei
Badges: 1
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by GrahamFromJeremyKyle)
Go to the gym, drink protein shakes and get BUFF.
Dude, just remove your sig now.. it's more offensive than anything I can ever dream of putting up.. :rolleyes:
Rei
Badges: 1
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by londonboym)
i'm 19 and got id'd for the lottery.

...such the ego booster when there's a line behind you.

i'm thinking of getting an ID card sewn into every top i have. that will save me the demoralising reach into my back pocket.
LOLL If it helps you get a child travelcard on the tube and not pay something ridiculous like £7 for an adult one, be thankful :rolleyes:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (442)
37.81%
No - but I will (88)
7.53%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.84%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (559)
47.82%

Watched Threads