Should they bring in the death penalty for england? Watch

Poll: Should the death penalty be brought into england?
Yes (53)
31.55%
No (115)
68.45%
Aritheory
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I would've thought we'd matured past the point of this form of "punishment" by now.
pork products
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
What if they make a mistake, sorry doesnt really work does it?
Usar
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
No.

Let's keep England civilised.
FiveFiveSix
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Democracy)
Statutory rape technically. And I don't think that's what that user meant by rape.
Ta
nuttygirl
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by FiveFiveSix)
That I wouldn't punish with the death penalty, obviously... I mean, like getting gangbanged by a bunch of blokes with balaclavas on :rolleyes:
Wrongly accused people?
FiveFiveSix
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by nuttygirl)
Wrongly accused people?
Eh? I mean, I'd imagine they'd be difficult to identify with balaclavas on...
nuttygirl
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by FiveFiveSix)
Eh? I mean, I'd imagine they'd be difficult to identify with balaclavas on...
Didn't mean that lol, sorry, maybe I should start writing in sentences :p:

What if people are wrongly accused and get killed?
sak-y
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm not sure how it works in the US, but couldn't they put limits on it? Such as, there must be concrete evidence that the indicividual is guilty.
Mcjazz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Rosaaa)
Yes, for murder.
Then the people who pass the sentence on the murderer should suffer the death penalty too.
nuttygirl
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by sak-y)
I'm not sure how it works in the US, but couldn't they put limits on it? Such as, there must be concrete evidence that the indicividual is guilty.
If there wasnt concrete evidence the person shouldn't be in prison in the first place. The polic have made up evidence in the past to try and prove guilt, so innocent people could be sent to their death.
GemmyMonster
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I think yes, BUT.

Only in serial cases or very serious cases (ie serial murders/rapes, where children are involved, torture takes place, etc.) - and only where there is substantial forensic evidence and preferably a confession, so not when they're convicted on circumstantial evidence and/or eye witness testimonies. As the latter I'm reasonably sure are more likely to be wrongly convicted, and they'll still be in jail.

Oh and "drug lords" could be too, as they're not very nice people.
FiveFiveSix
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by nuttygirl)
Didn't mean that lol, sorry, maybe I should start writing in sentences :p:

What if people are wrongly accused and get killed?
In an ideal world, that wouldn't happen. Of course, if the death penalty came in, it would require a fool-proof judiciary and a complete review/reform.
Muppety_Kid
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Mcjazz)
Then the people who pass the sentence on the murderer should suffer the death penalty too.
I think they'd be exempt.

It'd probably be argued that they didn't have "malice aforethought" or something. Or that they were "killing" them and not "murdering". It's a moot point really, since it probably won't happen any time soon.
Mcjazz
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Are you being stupid on purpose?
What a valuable contribution. How exactly do two wrongs make a right?
-steph-
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I dont think that they should be killed but made to suffer like men who serial rapist their ding dongs should be cut off. Also serial murderers should recieve 1000 cuts to their bodies. Well this is in my head how they should be treated but I dont think that england will comply.
Mcjazz
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Muppety_Kid)
I think they'd be exempt.

It'd probably be argued that they didn't have "malice aforethought" or something. Or that they were "killing" them and not "murdering". It's a moot point really, since it probably won't happen any time soon.
Of course I know it wouldn't happen. Hopefully the death penalty won't happen here either. I was merely pointing out that by punishing someone by death, they are just as bad as the person that took someone's life in the first place. Nobody has the right to take away someone's life.
Rosaaa
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Oh ffs MC Mary Poppins.

Fact is there are some sick twisted people out there, and usually they either get away with it or get jailed and released early. Thus not suffering enough. I personally think anyone who commits murders - especially on a larger scale should be killed. "Nobody has the right to take away someone's life", no **** Sherlock. So kill the mongs that think they've got the right to get away with it. Simple.
FiveFiveSix
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Of course I know it wouldn't happen. Hopefully the death penalty won't happen here either. I was merely pointing out that by punishing someone by death, they are just as bad as the person that took someone's life in the first place. Nobody has the right to take away someone's life.
Balls. By executing a murderer/rapist/kiddie fiddler etc, you're evening the score. It's hardly dragging you down to their level if its done properly. How would you feel I wonder, if someone close to you was affected by one of the aforementioned crimes? I know what I'd do - anyone touches me or mine and they'd never even find the body, if the state didn't deal with them first. Lots of people have the right to take life.
Muppety_Kid
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Not even someone like Cho (can't remember his surname) - the guy behind the Virginia Tech shooting? Or what about the Dunblane Massacre, where I think 16 little kids were killed.

Both of those people died, but surely there must be some people who don't deserve to live. If you don't like either of those examples, what about Hitler?
FiveFiveSix
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Oh ffs MC Mary Poppins.

Fact is there are some sick twisted people out there, and usually they either get away with it or get jailed and released early. Thus not suffering enough. I personally think anyone who commits murders - especially on a larger scale should be killed. "Nobody has the right to take away someone's life", no **** Sherlock. So kill the mongs that think they've got the right to get away with it. Simple.
A girl that believes in the death penalty AND uses the word 'mongs'

I think I'm in love...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (308)
37.52%
No - but I will (63)
7.67%
No - I don't want to (61)
7.43%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (389)
47.38%

Watched Threads