How long is Virgin going to last? Watch

Shask
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
I don't like ISPs that are too big, because they can monopolise and then abuse their power. I do think the speeds advertised by Virgin are an absolute disgrace - how can they get away with advertising 8mb/s for my line, when I realistically never get higher than 500kb/s? That's a sixteenth of the advertised speed, imagine buying a full cake and then only getting a sixteenth of it. Sure, it's possible to get 8mb/s - under Virgin medias brutally forced, ultimately optimised "server next door" settings.
INTit
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Virgin are idiots and I hope they crash. The music industry wants to use ISPs as tools to censor the internet, and we will suffer if ISPs like virgin sell out to them. This is more than just a futile attempt as stopping piracy virgin are crippling the internet itself.
Kerch
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
We've always used less popular ISPs, Newnet and ADSL 24. With ADSL 24, 8mb broadband, I get download speeds approaching the full 1mb/s when I download from PSN.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (273)
38.18%
No - but I will (51)
7.13%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.13%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (340)
47.55%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed