L plates that don't fly off...?! Watch

s+lky
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
Arrrhhhhhhh ! It's happend to me twice and i've lost two L plates now ! It's getting very annoying ! And mine are also from Halfords... Hmmm...
RosiePosiePuddingAndPie
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I lost a set of magnetic L plates on a very windy drive from Nottingham to East Anglia :sad: And then, after buying a new set when we arrived, I lost them on the return journey. Made me feel like a right little rebel, driving without me L plates :p:
tinkerbellejess
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I've seen a lot of people with holepunched ones that they tie to the grill. I don't know if you can get them ready done though...(as I didn't have access to a practice car when I was learning and so never had this problem!)
thomasp
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I had this problem with L-plates flying off the bonnet - the magnetic ones.

Best solution was to keep them stuck to the fridge door when I wasn't driving so they stayed nice and flat (it was the summer and I found if they were left in the car when my parents were driving they curled up), and gaffer tape them onto the bonnet. Surprisingly the paint stayed on the bonnet when the tape was removed
Meeee :)
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I have magnetic ones. They seem to be staying on fine.
>Anna<
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Thanks for all the suggestions! I wasn't expecting so many replies =D

Haven't been out driving since yet... lol.

xxx
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (215)
39.23%
No - but I will (38)
6.93%
No - I don't want to (36)
6.57%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (259)
47.26%

Watched Threads