Gold Duke of Edinburgh Watch

sophie_c
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Go for it! It's a great experience, great fun, a way of meeting people and trying new things, seeing beautiful parts of the country... and even though the expeditions are tough at the time, and you may wish you were in your bed instead of in a tent on the side of a hill in the freezing cold, you'll come back with such fond memories, and funny stories! lol!
I miss d of e... was at the gold presentation yesterday at Holyrood Palace...just can't believe that's it, I've finished!
scaryhair
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Alcohol5%)
However, there are other things apart from D of E which give the same sort of qualities that an employer would like, for example, if you were good at swimming and you worked hard at it, you would get prizes and awards. If you worked exceptionally well at university you would get an award to say so. If you did some martial art, and trained for gradings etcs you would get certificates to say so.
That was one point I was trying to get at :rolleyes: If such a person had these talents, why not multitask and use them towards D of E, and then you're halfway there already? There's no harm in doing that.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (552)
37.81%
No - but I will (115)
7.88%
No - I don't want to (102)
6.99%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (691)
47.33%

Watched Threads