Several times a day (23)
20.35%
Once or twice a day (21)
18.58%
Every other day (12)
10.62%
Once or twice a week (18)
15.93%
Rarely/only to arrange getting together (35)
30.97%
Never (4)
3.54%
Rosaaa
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
* Several times a day

I love texting. 1000 free texts a month help too.
-steph-
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Well depends where I am my best friends 1 or 2 times a week. If something juicy has happened then about 6 times a day.
Sick Puppy
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It depends really. My texts are cheap (and often free) so I tend to text random things that are in my head to two or three of my closest friends quite a bit. I also text people random things when I'm sat somewhere with nothing to do but not expecting a reply if that makes sense.

Like this morning I got bored during my lunchbreak and there was no one I liked in the staffroom so instead of sitting there by myself watching the clock I texted my friends facts about stinging nettles and that the pregnant man gave birth today!

I text far too much :laugh:

I once had a warning from T-mobile telling me that their "unlimited free texts" over the weekend had a fair usage policy of 3000 and that if I exceeded 3000 again they wouldn't let me be entitled to it again :laugh:

Though I did send the word "cheese" to someone repeatedly to *** them off! :ninja:
elisabethbridge
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I usually use texting just to arrange things. And then now and again I just text some random stuff to a couple of my best friends. I've never really been big on texting, and I never use it to have actual converstations.

And well, when I've been drinking, I usually choose at least one person on my list to text something stupid. Oh well, at least I'm not one of those who make drunken phone calls on a regular basis...
Sick Puppy
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by elisabethbridge)
And well, when I've been drinking, I usually choose at least one person on my list to text something stupid.
I do that too!
- skyhigh -
Badges: 14
Report 10 years ago
Only to arrange stuff or when I am out. Almost all of my friends come online everyday.
jakeee
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
With guy mates, I text them all at least once everyday to see where they are/what they're doing, and if they want to do something. With girl mates, its usually alot more, because theyre mad and seem to live on texting.
flecalicious
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Well, it varies! When we're at university I rarely text anyone because I'm with them for 3/4 of my day. Now that I'm at home I'll text them a lot more because I'm not seeing them all the time. It also depends who's on msn or not!
curryADD
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by teh_samby)
Just curious, really, how often do you text your best friends? Particularly if they're not online much. Every few days, once or twice, several times a day? Thanks!
mostly when we're getting together. i used to have this huge fear of talking on the phone because it never seemed to come naturally to me, but since i've lived with most of my best friends now (practically, as we were all in the same building in uni, and went out together, smoked together, ate together, brushed our teeth together, got high together, studied together) i find that talking on the phone is quite a bit easier...and i do call some of my friends 2-3 times a week now that i'm home.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (301)
37.48%
No - but I will (60)
7.47%
No - I don't want to (60)
7.47%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (382)
47.57%

Watched Threads