teachers coming on to u Watch

Fillette
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
My french teacher and I flirted a lot, mainly because we spoke in French together and none of the other kids understood, lol. He didn't exactly come on to me, though, but the way we acted together made it look as if he did. I did have a science teacher at my old school who asked what size bra my friends and I wore and he once asked my friend and I what colour pants we were wearing. :eek: We went straight to the headteacher and eventually this guy was suspended. Such a weirdo.
Anonymous #1
Report 10 years ago
sorry, anon in case anyone i know is here.

we had a pervy teacher at our school a few years ago. tried to tell a teacher about, and were told that we were "imagining it", we were all in year 8 and therefore couldn't possibly be mature enough to realise somrthing like that.

later that school year he was sacked for having an inappropriate relationship with someone in our year. he went to jail for 4 months. when he got out, he did it again, much worse, with an older pupil at our school
as far as we know, he is still in prison.

someone must have found out and told on him. tell her to voice her concerns to a member of staff who will take her seriously.
Glutamic Acid
Badges: 14
Report 10 years ago
Seriously, there is actually nothing concrete that the teacher has done. The flirting and lustful looks could easily be misinterpreted. Considering the general hysteria over paedophilia, you could be damaging someone's career and personal life by making baseless accusations.

(Original post by pamelaa)
Sarcasm I think. That's how i took it anyway :p:
Hopefully, it is. Rather than "omgz paedos!!!!111" brigade.
Sulli
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Glutamic Acid)
Seriously, there is actually nothing concrete that the teacher has done. The flirting and lustful looks could easily be misinterpreted. Considering the general hysteria over paedophilia, you could be damaging someone's career and personal life by making baseless accusations.
I agree, it could be a serious mark on his career for a problem that may not even be there. Teaching is quite different to what it was several years ago anyway, it's not too wierd for a teacher and a student to be quite friendly towards each other, well in my opinion it's not anyway because me and a few of my friends in my form group often have casual chats with our form tutor
Sick Puppy
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It may be in her head, what else does he actually do?

When I had my interview for entry to my secondary school I thought the guy interviewing me was a perv because he kept winking. I later discovered it was just a twitch :blushing:

And also, he might not realise what he was doing. My old chemistry teacher once announced that "I take everything off for messy work" whilst smiling at my friend and one of my maths teachers used to pull faces and wink at me during exams (though the maths one only did it because he was a joker and I once told him that I get really creeped out in exams when you look up and the invigilators are looking at you) and I'm pretty sure neither of them were pervs!
joker_900
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
So the facts are: your sisters teacher looks at her sometimes.

Forget about it. There is no harm being done, it's probably in her head and even if it isn't, he can't have sex with her with his eyes. On the other hand, these days if you go complain about a teacher with regards to this sort of thing, it'll probably be very bad for him. Not fair to do that based on a 14 yr old's interpretation of a look.

I think these days people see paedos everywhere. I blame the media.
Charlski
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Sulli)
I agree, it could be a serious mark on his career for a problem that may not even be there.

Exactly. It is entirely likely that your little sister has imagined this whole thing, and unless anything OTHER than just looks happens, it would be grossly unfair to report this guy. He will probably lose his job, risk never being able to work with children again, and be utterly humiliated, just because some 14 year old thinks he fancies her.
Gemma_08
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Lol, I am just watching Notes on a Scandal right now, and I saw this thread. Haha. Oh, the little things in life

But in all seriousness, flirting is nothing, it's when it comes to physical contact, then you should do something about it.
kidintheriot
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Charlski)
Exactly. It is entirely likely that your little sister has imagined this whole thing, and unless anything OTHER than just looks happens, it would be grossly unfair to report this guy. He will probably lose his job, risk never being able to work with children again, and be utterly humiliated, just because some 14 year old thinks he fancies her.
Hear hear. Make sure he's actually done something that couldn't be misinterpreted before you or your sister does anything.
abc101
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
We were having a post-leaving drink in the pub with some staff, and a particularly nasty member of staff who I'd always hated bought me a drink and leaned over to speak to me in my ear, which was freaky enough To add to that, my history teacher, who I love but isn't exactly hot teacher material, said to my form teacher (I think he was rather tipsy!) words to the effect of 'I would!' Very wrong!

I used to flirt with my form teacher quite a bit...too bad he was married, coulda been in there

I think unless the teacher has actually done something, your sister shouldn't make a complaint - it could be that she's misinterpreting it and things could get horrible complicated because of crossed wires. However, it isn't right if he's making her feel uncomfortable. Perhaps you could have a quiet word with him and explain that your sister doesn't feel comfortable with the way he speaks to her?
Chrisofsmeg
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Well, I guess she could be imagining it. Then again it might be true. You really can't tell unless you see him do it yourself.

However, I often flirt with my German teacher and she does it back. We get on very well and when I leave school something will probably happen lol. She's in her mid-twenties so all is well.

Obviously in this case it's different though, as she's 14, and he's much older than mid-twenties. I'd try and see it for yourself if I were you. Just a suggestion. If not, maybe talk to her head of year and explain what is going on. That's what I'd do in her situation anyway.

Hope I was heplful
psycopath
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
get a grip seriously a teacher looking in a lustful way yeah I'm sure thats grounds to get a teacher fired or speak to a head teacher, hes made no sexual advances or comments the girl shes 14 so she has basically no idea what flirting is and is just trying to look cool if the teacher felt her up or something or touched her appropriately but not for looking as it can be misinterpreted get in the real world.
joker_900
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by psycopath)
get a grip seriously a teacher looking in a lustful way yeah I'm sure thats grounds to get a teacher fired or speak to a head teacher, hes made no sexual advances or comments the girl shes 14 so she has basically no idea what flirting is and is just trying to look cool if the teacher felt her up or something or touched her appropriately but not for looking as it can be misinterpreted get in the real world.
Awesome sentence
Touche
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
This thread is why I wouldn't become a school teacher even though I love teaching... A little girl thinks you looked at her the wrong way and people scream paedo.
beccaarr
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
If you're worried, get to her to keep note of anything she finds uncomfortable or flirty.
Like its been said, girls that age come up with all sorts of reasons for things, but to be sure, get her to keep note.

We had a PE teacher that we constantly caught look at girls chests. Back then I was thankful for being small chested.
nothingspek
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Tell her to return the compliments.
. sav .
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
If it carries on and she really finds it unbearable, to the point of being really upset about it, then you can happily have a word with the Head of Department, even if its just to say that she's not really getting on with the teacher, is there another class she could sit in, etc. You dont have to outright say - OMG your colleague is lusting after my sister!! , but you can say that she doesnt get on with his teaching style, finds the class distracting and cant concentrate on her work, and if they really ask, then remember you can always say to keep it confidential.

One of my teachers came onto me last term. His opening line was writing me a personal email, asking me to tell him what font I'd submitted my work in, because he really liked it and wanted to use it himself.

It was Times New Roman.
Viridis
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
She's 14. Im thinking an innocent friendly smile from the teacher could easily be interpreted as being 'lustful'. Especially if it's a typical 14yo giggling naive school girl with a group of 10 other girls exactly the same.

I could be totally wrong though. If it is she should definitely have a word with a senior member of staff.

Our music teacher was a pervert to say the least, he eventually got sacked, a numerous number of people had complained to the head. Apparently, he got some girl wearing a miniskirt to sit on his lap, most probably a rumour though. But he was really weird, when i was younger back in year 8 he knocked my pencil case off the table and told me to pick it up while he stood there and watched. I refused to pick it up, i wasn't going to let somebody watch me bend over to get an eyeful.
Perfect_Gent
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I remember when I was 14, any teacher that was fit got the girls giggling, squirming and fantasising that he fancied them. Any teacher that was older was always labelled a perv by some girl, either because he took a professional encouraging interest or made them sit at the front of the class because they were playing up (they normally accused him of doing it so he could look up their skirt).

I love kids but this is why I refuse to work with them, as a bloke you are so open to false accusation.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (129)
38.51%
No - but I will (19)
5.67%
No - I don't want to (25)
7.46%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (162)
48.36%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise