stop ****ging off Mcdonalds! Watch

dealbreaker
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I don't work at McDonalds but there is a saying that people who work in the City might end up flipping burgers and working at McDonalds when the economy gets really bad.

If I had to choose, I would be a crew member. I like to interact with customers. The role can also be a challenge when someone is impatient and orders are late.

You know, it's better to have some work experience than none be it McDonalds or something else. If you're very good at selling yourself, you can sell your experience at McDonalds to demonstrate the qualities you can bring to other jobs.
P2B
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Some of the things people have said in this thread are actually quite insulting...

I really like working in McDonald's and find the flexibility of the work perfect for my lifestyle! Maybe it's not for you - but I'm fine having a timetable which works AROUND my social life, rather than cutting it off

Also it's weird how all my mates looked down on me 4 working at McD's, then now they cant find any summer jobs ANYWHERE theyre lookin 2 me 2 put in a gd word 4 them :rolleyes:

& No, I'm not greasy lol. Only thing I hate is the uniform, and I hate it with passion.
callum9999
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by adam_1234)
I'd have all my meals there if they weren't so unhealthy.

As for employment, I'll be happy with them when they reply to my application.
They didn't reply to my application (although I am glad they haven't!)
P2B
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by somethingbeautiful)
I went about a month ago for a sneaky burger and the uniforms looked really nice - remember when it was polo shirts etc? - now they're all smart and jazzy. That's got to be a benefit
Is the uniform not a polo-shirt and baseball cap at all stores?? :confused:

Or am I missing out on a nicer uniform? lol
Joanna May
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'd rather die than work in McDonald's. My friend works there and it seems crap. It's not that well paid, her managers are incompetant and because she's on "flexible shifts", she can never plan anything more than a week in advance. Plus, she stinks of grease when she comes out of work, and the health and safety checks there are non existant.
Aaron_1507
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i actually enjoyed my on job evaulation at mcdonalds why mate works there so we had a laugh and take the micheal out of the foreigners. The people i spoke to were actually rather smart and some very good looking. I got the job anyway and am looking forward to working there.
Bateman
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
How much free food are we talking about?
Aaron_1507
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
you can have large meal or a medium meal with a mcflurry when you have your break
Shuky
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by P2B)
Is the uniform not a polo-shirt and baseball cap at all stores?? :confused:

Or am I missing out on a nicer uniform? lol
yup i think were missing out. i just have apolo shirt and baseball cap. I just dont like a couple of my managers but wverything else is ok a job is a job at the end of the day but the pay is really bad.

a Crew memeber can be anything fro working in the kitchen on the front counter or the lobby from what i udnerstand at the store i work in. to tell the truth all the myts about Mcdonald's food i have found non existant however, i have gotten sick of the food and usually dont eat my free lunch but instead go out and buy something else.
P2B
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Shuky)
yup i think were missing out. i just have apolo shirt and baseball cap. I just dont like a couple of my managers but wverything else is ok a job is a job at the end of the day but the pay is really bad.
According to this article, from the BBC: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7360276.stm

We are actually WEARING the stylish uniform already :confused: lol

Well shows how much I know about fashion i spose...

&

(Original post by Joanna May)
I'd rather die than work in McDonald's. My friend works there and it seems crap.
Many jobs have down points just like you described! The pay, bad managers and hours of work just have to be accepted + some restaurants are ultimately better than others - but none of those things are a prob for me! And I must say that smelling like grease at the end of a shift (which I dont), is much better than smelling of off dairy products (working on Fresh Foods @ Waitrose)!!!!!

(Original post by Joanna May)
...and the health and safety checks there are non existant.
Pretty good at my McDs actually, and shud b nationally too - with annual Health & Safety competency checks + regular team meetings regarding H&S..... obv cant speak for other stores tho
Dstbgre
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I have never worked there but my old chem teacher said that his son really liked working there. Got free minibus transport there and back if he was working a really late shift and a whole load of other benefits such as free eye tests (not sure why on that one, possibly if he worked on the tills). Also he found it really flexible and easy to manage around his uni studies.
I wouldnt work there though. Simply because i wouldnt want to work with fast food, not because i have a grudge against McDonald's.
IGX_RSV2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Stop serving me cold chips
Adhsur
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It really can't be that difficult getting a job at McDs surely - half the time, the person at the counter can't even speak English! :confused:
Joanna May
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by P2B)
Many jobs have down points just like you described! The pay, bad managers and hours of work just have to be accepted + some restaurants are ultimately better than others - but none of those things are a prob for me! And I must say that smelling like grease at the end of a shift (which I dont), is much better than smelling of off dairy products (working on Fresh Foods @ Waitrose)!!!!!
Nah, I've had other jobs and they've at least had good points to outweigh the bad, but I can't see a single good thing about working for McDonald's.
Robob
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Why do the faces of people working in McDonalds look like a pizza topping?
Rei
Badges: 1
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by dealbreaker)
I don't work at McDonalds but there is a saying that people who work in the City might end up flipping burgers and working at McDonalds when the economy gets really bad.

If I had to choose, I would be a crew member. I like to interact with customers. The role can also be a challenge when someone is impatient and orders are late.

You know, it's better to have some work experience than none be it McDonalds or something else. If you're very good at selling yourself, you can sell your experience at McDonalds to demonstrate the qualities you can bring to other jobs.
You've really thought this through haven't you?
Rei
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Robob)
LOL a bit harsh..
Robob
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Rei)
LOL a bit harsh..
To be fair to them, it looks delicious.
Rei
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Robob)
To be fair to them, it looks delicious.
I'm gonna leave now..
Yusuf.T
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Robob)
that was ****ing hot
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (124)
39.62%
No - but I will (17)
5.43%
No - I don't want to (20)
6.39%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (152)
48.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed