Is there someone you love/like but you just can't? Watch

Psyk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yeah my flatmate who I've lived with for 3 years. It's been ages since I've really thought about anyone else.
Anonymous #5
Report 10 years ago
Someone I hate and who hates me back. There's such an undercurrent of sexual tension it makes me want to hit him and kiss him all at the same time.
Anonymous #8
Report 10 years ago
my bestest friend... Have tried so many times to tell him I love him, but haven't for fear it would ruin our friendship. He's male too and knows I am gay. Although, he did say he was bi-curious. And at times I feel as if he loves me back and a few times has said things that get me thinking. meh, one day I'll go for it.
georgia
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
A guy I work with. But I don't know how he feels about me, and if he doesn't like me then I'd be making a complete fool of myself by asking. However he has said he'll come visit me when I go to Uni seeing as he was born in that city etc. I dunno.
fone
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by hcblingbling)
guy from work
yeah DON'T do that. been there, not worth the hassle.
EskimoJo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yes. He's hot, I'm not. Out of my league, but a good friend so I shouldn't mess things up.
EskimoJo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Someone I hate and who hates me back. There's such an undercurrent of sexual tension it makes me want to hit him and kiss him all at the same time.
My God, just do it! Sounds hot!
blondyx
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Why do you hate eachother?
Anonymous #5
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by blondyx)
Why do you hate eachother?
He's an emotionally unavailable ****, really. And I don't understand the way he relates to the world and he doesn't understand my way either, hence we constantly rile each other up and insult each other. We're like Harry and Sally at the beginning of the movie.

And EskimoJo? You have no idea how much I wish I could.
Untitled258
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Most people i have fancied in my life i know i cant be with, due to being too close, or because there in long term relationships. Im pretty sure thats why ive been eternally single. Though i dont anymore, so its all good.
Anonymous #9
Report 10 years ago
(sorry, how the hell do you start a new thread?!! fine anyway.,,,)
this guy seems to really like me, and i totally fell for his humour/character etc but one thing im concerned about is weather he's coming on to me because of the area that i live in/the way i dress/ what i can afford instead of just liking me for who i am, iv been taken used in a way before and it hurt like *******, and im scared it will happen again. but he's so sweet and gentle, i just have no idea!! and i cant ask him- we just met a couple of times. any thoughts are greatly appreciated.
miammiam
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by blondyx)
My ex. was with him nearly 2 years..
he doesnt want me anymore, coz he wasnt happy with me anymore. oh well, he was a bit of an ******* anyway so hopefully will get over it soon
ditto. i really don't know how to get over him - we were ridiculously close. he won't even be friends with me any more so i know there's no chance of us getting close again and i accept that but still i want to be able to get on with my life. any suggestions of how to get over it?
Anonymous #10
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by rt)
I know I do. There is a girl I like, she is my best friend so i couldn't go there again and even so she's taken. She used to like me before she went out with this lad but I said there was no point at the time. Meh!!

Any stories of your own to share?!
(please keep anon, thanks )

I've got the same exact problem. My best female friend is amazingly cute, intelligent and funny. We haven't known each other that long (less than a year), but this definitely isn't infatuation. This is more than me just liking her, I really deeply care about her and we get along so well. She knows things about me that nobody else knows, and vice versa. I've never met anyone more perfect than her.

People also occasionally mistake us for (or assume that we are) a couple. The problem is, is that she has quite a long-term boyfriend.

There have been times when I have made it obvious that I wished us to be more than just friends (usually when we're both drunk). I fear that I'm just becoming, or have already become, her best 'guy friend', having built up a huge amount of trust between us.

There have been times when I've actually moved away from her when she looked as if she was contemplating kissing me, as she would probably have regretted it in the morning.

We slept in the same bed once, fairly close but separated by the covers. Nothing sexual happened at all, it was just sleeping. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but this isn't what normal friends do.
Girls, if you had a bf; would you feel comfortable sleeping in the same bed as another good guy friend? How do you think your bf would feel?

This is why I believe we can be more than just friends. Shame it will probably never happen.
time.to.dance
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(please keep anon, thanks )

I've got the same exact problem. My best female friend is amazingly cute, intelligent and funny. We haven't known each other that long (less than a year), but this definitely isn't infatuation. This is more than me just liking her, I really deeply care about her and we get along so well. She knows things about me that nobody else knows, and vice versa. I've never met anyone more perfect than her.

People also occasionally mistake us for (or assume that we are) a couple. The problem is, is that she has quite a long-term boyfriend.

There have been times when I have made it obvious that I wished us to be more than just friends (usually when we're both drunk). I fear that I'm just becoming, or have already become, her best 'guy friend', having built up a huge amount of trust between us.

There have been times when I've actually moved away from her when she looked as if she was contemplating kissing me, as she would probably have regretted it in the morning.

We slept in the same bed once, fairly close but separated by the covers. Nothing sexual happened at all, it was just sleeping. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but this isn't what normal friends do.
Girls, if you had a bf; would you feel comfortable sleeping in the same bed as another good guy friend? How do you think your bf would feel?

This is why I believe we can be more than just friends. Shame it will probably never happen.
i reallly would not... unless of course if i had known him since the time we used to swim naked in the same swimming pool ever since i was 3 (:P)and he's a good trusted friend of my bf then maybe a yes, but it wld not be my first option tbh.
keekee107
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I kinda half like (liked?) someone I really shouldn't. He's an idiot, disrespects girls and flirts with anything/anyone.... and worst of all, he's an ex of my best friend (well... not ex as such but practically) and now has something going on with my other best friend. *sigh*...

Every time I see him, he flirts with me. He's told me he likes me before and almost kissed when we were both completely drunk (good job I still had some sense in me and realised my best friend was in the other room ). This was before all the stuff with my other best friend though - that's made me realise even more how he's such bad news and why I think I've got to the stage where nothing would ever happen now left alone drunk with him (I'd probably just tell him what I think of him - slap some sense into him or something!).

Still there's some truth in the 'you can't help wanting what you can't have' saying .
Anonymous #5
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by keekee107)
I kinda half like (liked?) someone I really shouldn't. He's an idiot, disrespects girls and flirts with anything/anyone.... and worst of all, he's an ex of my best friend (well... not ex as such but practically) and now has something going on with my other best friend. *sigh*...
Sounds a lot like me and the guy that I hate! He's slept around with a few of my friends and is generally a manwhore, and I disrespect him so much for it, but can't help feeling attracted to him all the same. I don't think it helps that, from the things my friends have told me and judging by the insane amount of I-hate-you chemistry we have going on, I'm fairly certain kissing him would be probably be bloody amazing.

As for this guy? Sounds like you had your head screwed on properly when you resisted kissing him! Kudos to you for managing!
newDana
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I started seeing someone during my final week of uni that i'd liked for ages. It was a really intense secret thing and was just great, almost perfect. But sadly, we live too far apart for us to have a proper relationship based on this week-long fling. I've had an LDR before, and i can't cope with them, i'm far too high maintenance.

It kills me a little inside. I never meet guys who like me back. I finally do, and we can't be together. I've got to see him next week at graduation-quite probably the last time i'll ever see him, and it's gonna tear me apart. I tried to keep the relationship casual, but we didn't have sex and instead of being a casual fling (which i might have been able to get over) it was definitely leading towards becoming a proper relationship.

I'm a little bit hopeful that he'll have changed his mind. But i'm just deluding myself and setting myself up for more heart ache.

sigh.
blondyx
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by miammiam)
ditto. i really don't know how to get over him - we were ridiculously close. he won't even be friends with me any more so i know there's no chance of us getting close again and i accept that but still i want to be able to get on with my life. any suggestions of how to get over it?

Sorry to hear :-(
PM me if you like. get it all out your system. Sometimes it helps to get another persons perspective and just chat about it and rant.

I know how you feel. Erm, i suggest trying new things that you've wanted to try for a long time ans havnt yet and just spending lots of time with friends really

Hope you feel better soon.
Anonymous #11
Report 10 years ago
work collegue, he's in love with soem other girl, she keeps leading him on then rejecting him point blank. their still friends and he's still after her. he doesn't know i feel this way. he definatly doens't feel the same way and he's probably too old for me anyway.
MintyFresh
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm hopeless when it comes to things like this, i get to know a girl, really like her, am coward so don't make a move as to insecurity and then lose them to someone else - am currently in this situation (although all is not lost - she is still single :top: )
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (264)
39.05%
No - but I will (46)
6.8%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.54%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (315)
46.6%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed