Last Choir Standing Watch

ArchedEdge
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Taemon)
I have heard of Out of the Blue, and it took me a while to realise where... but they were on "The Slammer" a few months ago... :o:

They were pretty incredible.

And for the record, the slammer is a fine example of televisual brilliance...
lol, never thought Out Of The Blue would go on the Slammer :p:

And easily one of the best choirs I've heard :yep:
Poshtotty
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm really liking Only Men Aloud although I do think that their performance on Saturday was more of a show piece than a choral piece.

I quite like ACM Gospel choir too, along with the welsh choir who were all dressed in yellow.
*Katie*
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by ArchedEdge)
Last Minute didn't make it probably because they're from Oxford. The judges probably thought that as they're from Oxford the public would see them as upper-class snobs etc, and as such didn't put them through

But have you heard of Out of The Blue? Much better than Last Minute, who're basically a copycat choir but nowhere near as good.
I totally disagree. I think they lost it with their 'survival song', and they just didn't seem like they wanted it as much as some of the other choirs (especially 'Revelation' who seemed to cry constantly). And they really didn't come across as either upper class or snobs. The show really played up their geekiness though, with clips of the Rad Cam and the 'astrophysicist' :p:

I loved Spiderman! Ed really rocked that. You can totally tell that he is a Gargoyle (jazz a cappella). That arrangement was completely copied from another a cappella group in America, though.

They're not a copycat choir. Some of them were in Out of the Blue, most of them were ex-OOTB, and then there were 2 Gargoyles (another Oxford group).

I really think Bath Male Choir is awful. I quite liked Sense of Sound, though.
ArchedEdge
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by *Katie*)
I totally disagree. I think they lost it with their 'survival song', and they just didn't seem like they wanted it as much as some of the other choirs (especially 'Revelation' who seemed to cry constantly). And they really didn't come across as either upper class or snobs. The show really played up their geekiness though, with clips of the Rad Cam and the 'astrophysicist' :p:

I loved Spiderman! Ed really rocked that. You can totally tell that he is a Gargoyle (jazz a cappella). That arrangement was completely copied from another a cappella group in America, though.

They're not a copycat choir. Some of them were in Out of the Blue, most of them were ex-OOTB, and then there were 2 Gargoyles (another Oxford group).

I really think Bath Male Choir is awful. I quite liked Sense of Sound, though.
I think it's a shame that quite a few choirs that deserved to make it through to the finals were grouped together in that one night of heats, whereas some nights I was struggling to find any support for the choirs.

And why are they ex-OOTB? Why didn't they stay in it? (OOTB are still better :ninja:)
furryvision
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
ysgol glanaethwy have annoyed me tonight. the judge pointed out last week that they were singing in a foreign language and now they're really playing on that- emphasising everything in their VT so that everyone in the rest of the UK realises that it's not as easy for them as it is for their competitors. with welsh being my first language i can safely say that talking in english is just as easy, we never struggle, we speak welsh and english in everyday life. i'm all for them singing in welsh to show pride and all that, but it's as if they never thought of this before the judge wrongly said they were singing in foreign- it wasn't as if they were singing spanish or anything?! :confused: i shouldn't be saying it really as i'm quite local :P, but i feel as if they're relying on tricking the rest of the UK into thinking that it's a bit of a struggle for them to get through.

sorry, rant over!
Cool Cat
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I love this show :love:

Really glad that both the Welsh choirs are through but Revelations impressed me tonight with 'Rule the world' but Ysgol glanaethwy really blew me away with 'O fortuna'

I would be happy if either Ysgol or Only Men aloud won but I'd be especially pleased for Ysgol.

Poshtotty
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm not surprised at the results. I knew that Only Men Aloud would win it but based on tonight's performance and the improvement made, I think that ysgol glanaethwy should have won. Their second piece was amazing!

I was annoyed that Only Men Aloud performed 'Don't rain on my parade' since it's more of a showtune than a choral piece.
Cool Cat
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I thought Ysgol glanaethwy should have won too, if not just for that performance of O fortuna. That's not to say I wasn't pleased for Only Men Aloud though

The best two choirs made it to the final

(although I did like ACM gospel choir who made 4th)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (302)
37.47%
No - but I will (61)
7.57%
No - I don't want to (60)
7.44%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (383)
47.52%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed