4.7% body fat, but no proper six pac Watch

This discussion is closed.
jumpinglunch
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by jermaindefoe)
lol you lot dont really know anything then do you becuase amir khan was at 2 against gomez
According to Amir Khan...not the brightest spark.
meathead1987
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
lol you lot dont really know anything then do you becuase amir khan was at 2 against gomez
LOL learn some human physiology before you claim such things. At least 3% of bodyfat is essential, as in if you dont have it you will die.
FluxC
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
He wasn't 2% bodyfat.

Even bodybuilders only ever go as low as around 3% and can only maintain that for afew hours at a time because it's so low.

He looked 10% in that fight.

It's hard to tell though because he has significantly less muscle mass than the average bodybuilder, he's like what? 130lb or something lol.
Kalashnikov
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
http://www.sport-fitness-advisor.com...ercentage.html

Look at the table at the bottom. I know Boxers arent listed, but not even bodybuilders or gymnasts go below 5.
mart1203
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
well considering 3% of your total bodyfat is bursa pads at your joints, organs etc then 2% is impossible, you'd be dead at 2%. I reckon he'll be in minus numbers for his next fight =) He'd be like 'I've been super strict on my diet, my trainer's been pushing me to my limits, and my body fat being in the negatives I feel will really help my game'.
mart1203
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by meathead1987)
LOL learn some human physiology before you claim such things. At least 3% of bodyfat is essential, as in if you dont have it you will die.
Exactly mate.
Speedbird2008
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Touche)
you'd be shredded.
You'd be what?
Bebbs
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i hate the generalisation that peeps make, if you look at ricky hatton for his last fight he was about 3% body fat apparently soooooo

amir khans pulling out some strong e-stats, im calling bs.

bodybuilders go down to 4-5% for a competition, that is lean regardless of how much LBM they have
Zanik
Report 10 years ago
lol at people claiming these boxers to have these bodyfat percentages

Do these people claiming even know what lowbody fat bodyfat looks like?
manderlay in flames
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I got 7 percent with the calipers thing you seem to rate and I'm by no means shredded.
Misogynist
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by only nihilism)
I got 7 percent with the calipers thing you seem to rate and I'm by no means shredded.
Low LBM then
manderlay in flames
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Misogynist)
Low LBM then
What's LBM :eek:
Misogynist
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by only nihilism)
What's LBM :eek:
Lean body mass, Ie. The percentage of your body which is muscle.
FluxC
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
LBM = bone, muscle, muscle glycogen, water, organs, basically everything - fat.
busbybabe
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
guys i will post pics later of me tensing and not tensing - so you can basically see whats going on
Bateman
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i doubt you're 4.7%, i'm 12% and my obliques, abs and lats show without tensing, maybe you should concentrate on muscle building instead of cardio?

Just do a few different types of crunches, then do them with different weights, when you can do crunches with 25 kg and have around 10% bf then i think they'd show.

If you want, pm me and i'll type up a programme for you.
Misogynist
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by FluxC)
LBM = bone, muscle, muscle glycogen, water, organs, basically everything - fat.
Or it's more simpler to say muscle, which includes tendons, which are attached to bone, et cetera.
User188463
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm like 20 and I have a 6 pack!
Bebbs
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
no you aren't/ no you don't
Jinxy
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by busbybabe)
i remember on here people saying that if you had less than 10% you would automatically have a 6 pac, well i did a test yesterday and it turns out that i have less than 10% - 4.7% in fact, and i only have a softish six pac, and thats only when tensing?
i have tried doing situps and crunches etc, but what else can i do!!
I had the same problem. I figured i must be measuring my body fat wrong. Also females shouldn't really go below 15-20% Body fat as it's not all that healthy. Men can go to about 4% Body fat and it's fine but women naturally have more and need more for things like childbirth.

but yea - if you are measuring it correctly, then i'd say you just need some more toning up to do so that your muscles show more.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (546)
37.73%
No - but I will (113)
7.81%
No - I don't want to (100)
6.91%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (688)
47.55%

Watched Threads