Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
Or a kiss on both cheeks???
princess_sue
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I went clubbing the very first night I moved in. I got absolutely smashed and my flat mate carried me home....still best mates now :p:

TV & Beer sounds like a good plan OP, and I like the shaking hands...nice introduction.
Excalibur
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Would it be unsociable to arrive on the day before the official move-in date? (I may have to.) Because then I'd already be unpacked so would be just kind of standing there doing nothing!
e-lover
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I never knew it would be this stressfull!
princess_sue
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Excalibur)
Would it be unsociable to arrive on the day before the official move-in date? (I may have to.) Because then I'd already be unpacked so would be just kind of standing there doing nothing!
you can help your new flat mates unpack...put clothes on hangers....make them a brew etc.
Mousickle
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I would be a bit like WTF if someone was shaking hands. I'd think thats a bit strange and posh or soemthing.

Just say hi and stuff!
traxhill
Report 10 years ago
hope to take the keys and go to sleep after my arrival
AnastasiaJ
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by thats funny)
On not reading the content of the OP and just going of the title -

...of christmas my true love gave to me. A partridge in a pear tree

On the second day of christmas my true love gave to me two turtle doves and a partridge in a pear tree

On the third day of christmas my true loves gave to me three french, two turtle doves and a partridge in a pear tree

On the four day of christmas my true love gave to me four colly birds, three french hens, two turtle doves and a partridge in a pear tree.

On the fifth day of christmas some bloke called Tf tells you - on first day do normal stuff. Say hello, unpack stuff and go out for a few drinks with your new housemates. Doesn't matter who they are, chat learn some common ground (Music is an excellent common interest pointer) and get to know them, if you fancy shaking hands fair enough, but it's not prescribed. Although it can be quite cool, that's why I do it -

Five gold rings. Four colly birds, three french hens, two turtle doves and a partridge in a pear treeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.. .."
wtf is a colly bird???
traxhill
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Mousickle)
I would be a bit like WTF if someone was shaking hands. I'd think thats a bit strange and posh or soemthing.

Just say hi and stuff!
just a perspective
jakeee
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by wanderlust.xx)
When you're unpacking etc, and you go knocking on people's rooms, if you're a guy... do you shake other people's hands?

What if it's a girl in the room? Do you shake their hand too?

Also, what if I were to invite a few people round to watch TV/have a few beers? Would that be awkward? Should I do it in the evening when everyone's sort of acquainted? What about clubs and stuff, do people go clubbing in Fresher's week quite a lot?

Damn my parents for giving me such an awkward upbringing. >_> There's going to be plenty more questions where that came from btw.
With guys a general, 'how you doing mate?' will suffice without having to shake hands or anything, and with girls just a casual hug, and yeah clubbing's virtually the only thing you'll do in freshers.
JocastaJackal
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

Just say hi and stuff!
Same.

I really don't have a clue what to expect when I move into Uni :P
matty600
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

Just say hi and stuff!
Ye I hate shaking peoples hands lol absolutely can't stand it.
thats funny
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by AnastasiaJ)
wtf is a colly bird???
i have no idea it's in the song -

it was the olden days i guess
EskimoJo
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Ehh? Nothing wrong with a welcoming handshake! As long as it's delivered with a warm smile and you appear comfortable! :shakehand
AnastasiaJ
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by thats funny)
i have no idea it's in the song -

it was the olden days i guess
I think you'll find it's a calling bird :p:
jakeee
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Loads of people will move in before the official date, in fact the majority of people did that at my halls.
traxhill
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by jakeee)
Loads of people will move in before the official date, in fact the majority of people did that at my halls.
but, how you are going to take the keys?
They told me to arrive on 28th September or later..but no sooner than that date.
Spotty Dog
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Have the uni cleared this? o-o;
thats funny
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by AnastasiaJ)
I think you'll find it's a calling bird :p:
oh suck ass -

yeah it is, i've always been told colly birds as a kid wtf -

*thinks about editting - doesn't* :rolleyes:
steelmole
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
There are no rules and everyone is scared ****less. If you act like you know what you're doing people will think that you know what you're doing.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (458)
38.01%
No - but I will (91)
7.55%
No - I don't want to (85)
7.05%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (571)
47.39%

Watched Threads