?
Report 10 years ago
not at all
Gemma_08
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I think everyone would be scared if they came (metaphorically) face-to-face with death. I know I would, especially now.

If I was an older person and I have lived my life, I would feel better about it, but I would still feel scared. You are slipping into unconscious forever, it's a scary thought.

That said, death doesn't scare me as much as the thought of being buried alive.
onthejubileeline
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yes and no. Yes, because it's all unknown and spooky, and I don't want to die painfully. No, because I'm young, and don't really dwell much on the end of my life, since I am, in fact, alive now.
_khan
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
imagining Hell scares me
OllyThePhilosopher
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
No, I'm scared of immortality.
Speedbird2008
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
No.

I see it as a fairly exciting prospect, as it is the final final frontier, about which nobody knows.

And I have always made the most of life, so I don't want to die, but don't care if I do.
- skyhigh -
Badges: 14
Report 10 years ago
Nope. Its the pain that scares me.
Anonymous.
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Scares me a lot... I think of the after life and thats what freaks me out most.
Charlski
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
No, it's inevitable and unavoidable. I shall embrace it when it comes :p:
Anonymous.
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Also I dont want a painful death as someone my brother knows got burnt alive by his ex boyfriend that really broke my heart and they killed him in front of his mother who was disabled :'(, its really sad and that death is the most painful kind that I would be afraid of, a peaceful death wont feel bad as much, I hate evil people arg.
Kalashnikov
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
No.
Also, however I die is however I die. Painful or not, it's how it's meant to be.
Ewan
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
No, I'm going to be born again, and I haven't led that much of a **** life so whats the problem? Besides when I'm dead, I'm dead, theres no point in worrying about it.
neverstandstill
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Not as much as becoming old and decrepit.
Antonia87
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm terrified. The idea of no longer existing scares me no end.
trefusis128
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
The only thing that scares me about death is the responsibility of passing on some great wisdom.

I dont want my last words to be quoted as "Theres one thing Ive learnt in life- the black parts on bannanas are NOT spider eggs"....
Mush
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm evolutionarily pre-programmed to fear and attempt to escape anything which may cause death, and so is everyone here!

I don't fear actually being dead, because I'm dead, and therefore don't care. But I do fear the circumstances which bring about death, merely because I can't recreate if I'm dead, and recreating is the goal of all things.
wanderlust.xx
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hey, as long as I'm married, I won't give a ****. <3 Unless she goes first. Then, knowing me, I'd follow about 5 mins later. So meh.
de.novo
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Dying before my time is up scares me.

But if I've accomplished all that I want to and have led a contented life, I don't really think it would. Still, it would be rather unsettling.
Lucy :)
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Not really its going to happen can't change that so why be scared?
Worldonfire_TR
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
hit me recently how, if i was to die today, i would be ok with it. I'm happy with what I've done etc.

Not that I've done anything in particular, but I'm happy with it all.

Also quite eager to see whats next, if anything at all. Maybe it will all make sense!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (316)
37.44%
No - but I will (66)
7.82%
No - I don't want to (62)
7.35%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (400)
47.39%

Watched Threads