Special K Watch

Rainy
Badges: 2
Report 10 years ago
Related paper.

Yet use your brain. It's an effective marketing strategy, backed up by the fact it facilitates calorie restriction. If your diet is already poor, of course you'll lose a few lbs through following a boring, insatiable fad for a few days along the tried and trusted low-fat-high-carb formula.
polka_dott
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I don't think I could follow a diet that doesn't have much protein in either breakfast OR lunch... you need chicken or tuna or something or you must lose muscle mass...?!
Girl♥RadioHeart
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Thanks for all your opinions, I understand the pros and cons but after reading about it I think it's worth a go for 2 weeks... I know its a marketing gimmick and not the best diet but just for losing a couple of pounds and cutting out snacks it seems ok, and I do eat a very healthy balanced 3rd meal with all the nutrients and vitamins I need...
Misogynist
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Low fat, High carbohydrate is dumb. The thing that makes you fat is carbohydrate more that anything else. Every processed food contains ungodly amounts of sugars. Eliminate it and you will eliminate excess fat.
Girl♥RadioHeart
Rep:
?
(Original post by Misogynist)
Low fat, High carbohydrate is dumb. The thing that makes you fat is carbohydrate more that anything else. Every processed food contains ungodly amounts of sugars. Eliminate it and you will eliminate excess fat.

I agree but it's difficult being a vegetarian because I eat loads of pasta and bread and other such carby foods... and with the lack of meat I have to find my protein somewhere else... I try to not eat too much sugar though...
Sharpnel
Report 10 years ago
if youre veggie then eat everything whole grain

also look up EC stack on google
Girl♥RadioHeart
Rep:
?
EC STACK?
Misogynist
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Girl♥RadioHeart)

I agree but it's difficult being a vegetarian because I eat loads of pasta and bread and other such carby foods... and with the lack of meat I have to find my protein somewhere else... I try to not eat too much sugar though...
EC stack is ephedrine and caffiene. Ephedrine is a banned substance so it's hard to get though. It's a 'fat burner' or sorts. I wouldn't recommend using it.

I'd say stop being a vegetarian if you can?.. Why are you one anyways?
Bebbs
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
EC stack is ephedrine and caffiene. Ephedrine is a banned substance so it's hard to get though. It's a 'fat burner' or sorts. I wouldn't recommend using it.

Ephedrine is not a banned substance. Its controlled because it can be made into crack or something with the right knowledge, its not IOC legal. Most of the supplement companies have a fat burner with and without ephedrine.

http://monstersupplements.com/store/...-120-Caps.html
Girl♥RadioHeart
Rep:
?

I'd say stop being a vegetarian if you can?.. Why are you one anyways?
Whoah! This topic has gone off track lol I just wanted opinions on the 'Special K Challenge' because I want to lose the little weight I have put on recently... I'm not looking for anything drastic like fat burning products!!!

I'm a vegetarian because I am... I shouldn't have to justify why I don't eat meat... there are numerous reasons but the best one I have found is that I hate the stuff... some people dont eat mushrooms, I don't eat chicken...simple as...
Misogynist
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Girl♥RadioHeart)
Whoah! This topic has gone off track lol I just wanted opinions on the 'Special K Challenge' because I want to lose the little weight I have put on recently... I'm not looking for anything drastic like fat burning products!!!

I'm a vegetarian because I am... I shouldn't have to justify why I don't eat meat... there are numerous reasons but the best one I have found is that I hate the stuff... some people dont eat mushrooms, I don't eat chicken...simple as...
Oh right. Fair enough. Don't expect your diet to be 'balanced' as it were then. The only readily available options in relation to vegetarians are high carbohydrate.
balloon_parade
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
There is not much point of loosing weight this way. You will more than likely put on the weight as soon as the two weeks is over.

The only way to successfully loose weight and keep it off is a complete change of lifestyle, incorporating a healthy balanced diet (everything in moderation) and exercise. Its not what you want to hear but going for a quick fix can sometimes leave you heavier than when you started.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (316)
37.4%
No - but I will (66)
7.81%
No - I don't want to (62)
7.34%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (401)
47.46%

Watched Threads