boyfriend dumps me cruelly after 5 and a half years Watch

aster100
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
yes. it happened last night. i havnt slept.
really..really.. feel at a loss

i want to commit suicide because.. i know that even if i move on
how will i cope ever seeing him again, and knowing he also moves on
if hes with another girl again, i dont know how ill cope
i dont wanna be around to know what he is doing in his life

thats why i want to end mine
I understand where you're coming from, but you have to know that if someone's not willing to spend their time with you and love you, then there's no point of of doing the same to them.
pandora7
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

please stop this nonsense with suicide! you will be alright!
Speedbird2008
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Just wait until he contacts you.

He will do, eventually.

What a cruel way of dumping someone, I must add.
h82think
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'd also advise you to stop thinking! Keep yourself busy!
white_haired_wizard
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

worse things happen in life. An 18yr old cousin of mine, with so much of her life ahead of, died in a car-crash because of reckless driving. Had uni ahead of her, she was engaged, she was a few months away from starting university.

Get things into perspective. It'll/it should help enormously.
crazyhelicopter
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Again, as much of a cop out as this answer is, it gets easier with time. I'm assuming you're fairly young, because you use this site, so remember you are unlikely to both be in exactly the same place with the same friends for the rest of your lives.

Yes it will hurt when you see him, like your heart has been ripped out, but eventually it will get easier.
Rosaaa
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Don't commit suicide, there are cooler ways to die.

& it's also selfish. Think about your family and friends who will miss you.
qgujxj39
Badges: 15
Report 10 years ago
Another thing: what you're going through now is nothing compared to what your family and friends would have to go through if you killed yourself.
tokyorose888
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
please anon because i dont want my sister to see this and she uses it

my boyfriend jsut broke up with me. after 5 years.
he didnt even tell me to my face. he let me find out from someone else.
i am on the brink, ive been going crazy all night. planning my suicide.
im posting here, hopefully to hear anything encouraging about getting past breakups of a big magnitude.
this wasnt a 6 month fling. we were close to getting engaged. families met each other, everything was perfect.
the breakup came out of nowhere- literally NOWHERE. i didnt do anything wrong, we didnt argue. the news was just given to me that its over between us.
he wont answer my calls or my txts. its over. but i need to know the reason.
i feel like my life is over. 5 years is so long, we were practically married. how do you move on without suicide. im planning on buying more panadol later. i feel so serious about suicide. the pain is too much to bear and there are no words to describe it and put it across to strangers on the internet.

i feel so lost and broken
well me and my bf broke up after 2 years, and it was just like yours literally out of nowhere. I ended up crying and making everyone hate him(or my friedns) and then i thought about it, he's gone and ill just have to find another one, theres no point crying and moaning on about someone that doesnt respect you. With time, you'll soon get over it. Trust me on this, this is from experience. Now, i think about all the stupid stuff that i actually did for him and just laugh it off and think "i was soooo stupid back then" lol

or you can just take suicide and cause everyone pain and get NOWHERE Is this what you really want?....hold yourself together and show him how good you are, and that he doesnt really matter

this post is from experience. so take this in mind
Bateman
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
What a jerk, he was with you for five years, the least he could have done is tell you face to face, some guys don't deserve GFs.

Don't commit suicide, he is a jerk and he doesn't deserve you.
OiaB
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
it will come out in the end

he obviously isn't worth your life if he's been such a cretin like this. just sit down, and talk to a member of your family who you feel will understand/help/listen. blood is thicker etc chin up.

alternatively: post his address on TSR and whoever lives closest can go kill him for you?
pandora7
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by OiaB)
alternatively: post his address on TSR and whoever lives closest can go kill him for you?
i concur.

also, your ex need to grow a pair of balls. i mean, what a coward to not tell you himself. he is seriously not even worth anything, let alone taking your life.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by crazyhelicopter)
Again, as much of a cop out as this answer is, it gets easier with time. I'm assuming you're fairly young, because you use this site, so remember you are unlikely to both be in exactly the same place with the same friends for the rest of your lives.

Yes it will hurt when you see him, like your heart has been ripped out, but eventually it will get easier.

i am 21..
Crissi
Report 10 years ago

how will i cope ever seeing him again
, and knowing he also moves on

You will move on to better things! You will forget about him because when you decide to enter a relationship again that person wil be worth your time, and will not break up with you for no reason and be a punk about it by not telling you. Honestly do you want that type of character in your life?! Better yet would you want to be in a relationship with someone that does things like that? No one is worth suicide, especially not someone of that character. Besides the world is your oyster, if you feel so strongly about it, you don't have to see him again...If you need anyone to talk to, feel free to PM. You will get through this chick, speak positive life into words! Please keep us updated, even though we don't "know you" in real life. We do not want you doing anything stupid and we will do our best to help/comfort/console and encourage.

Crissi, x
Anonymous #1
(Original post by OiaB)

he obviously isn't worth your life if he's been such a cretin like this. just sit down, and talk to a member of your family who you feel will understand/help/listen. blood is thicker etc chin up.

hah id really like to but he doesnt live in england..
we've been in a long distance relationship. i used to live in the same country as him. we've been apart for a while. the last time i saw him was a month ago when i went to stay with him and his family for a couple weeks. everything was fine.

at the moment im in england and he is far far away
it makes the breakup so much worse. i cannot goto him and ask for an answer
Anonymous #1
(Original post by OiaB)

hah id really like to but he doesnt live in england..
we've been in a long distance relationship. i used to live in the same country as him. we've been apart for a while. the last time i saw him was a month ago when i went to stay with him and his family for a couple weeks. everything was fine.

at the moment im in england and he is far far away
it makes the breakup so much worse. i cannot goto him and ask for an answer
Charlski
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

he didnt even tell me to my face. he let me find out from someone else.
i am on the brink, ive been going crazy all night. planning my suicide.
im posting here, hopefully to hear anything encouraging about getting past breakups of a big magnitude.
this wasnt a 6 month fling. we were close to getting engaged. families met each other, everything was perfect.
the breakup came out of nowhere- literally NOWHERE. i didnt do anything wrong, we didnt argue. the news was just given to me that its over between us.he wont answer my calls or my txts.

Ok, stop. Just stop and don't do anything rash right now.

Firstly, look at the bits in bold. Are you POSITIVE that this 'someone else' was honest with you? I know it sounds stupid, but they may not have been - about a year ago, my bf's friend thought it would be funny to 'dump' me for him. This happened to be on a night that my bf was not at home, he was at his cousins house, and thus I couldn't contact him (he always keeps his phone on silent :rolleyes: ). I was going out of my mind about this, and when I finally got through to him, a day later, it turned out he knew nothing of it.

Secondly, if he really has left you, then it's not something you can't get past. You will find that as time goes on, you will get over him. You will meet some other fantastic guy, and will wonder what the hell you were thinking of in considering suicide. Please just give yourself time to think this over rationally.

If you want to talk to someone, please, please, please PM me.

Best of luck x
crazyhelicopter
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i am 21..
so still young with your whole life ahead of you, able to move on to bigger and better things.

And he lives in another country, you may never have to see him again
Hedger
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
How old are you? If you're still in uni then what's the point in suicide? Only losers give up, and you're anything but. So you've broke up, it's not the end of the world. Most relationships come and go when you're below the age of like 22?

Just please, do yourself a favour and stop talking so pathetically about the most cowardice way to leave this world; you're just going through a rough patch. Everyone does, I just think you need to realise that.
pkiy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
the pain is indeed tooooo much and i dont see any cure at all. tbh i would find hard to bear it if i were u in that situation...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (266)
38.61%
No - but I will (46)
6.68%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.4%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (326)
47.31%

Watched Threads