Venus or Serena? Watch

Poll: Who do you prefer- Venus or Serena?
Venus (18)
54.55%
Serena (15)
45.45%
Blue Rose
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Cerulean)
What makes you the authority on what the female tennis game is about? How do you know that it is not evolving or otherwise?
:ditto:
Ariana123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
yay i'm so happy venus won!!! can't wait for the doubles match now ^_^ love the williams sisters!
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Cerulean)
What makes you the authority on what the female tennis game is about? How do you know that it is not evolving or otherwise?
I never said i had any authority....i am just little old 46664. However I am allowed to have a view on tennis.

O play quite a bit too oh and coach young kids...
Logan
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
brilliant game. I knew from the start venus was gonna win this time around. She kept her cool till the end, serena... well.. it wasnt going her way. Damn if only Jie Zheng won that semi's she deserves to be in the final after beating the world no. 1, im sure she could give venus a good fight. I think nerves got to her and gave a flimsy win for double faults. I love it when underdogs give good fights like how euro went till the finals.

And yet again, the mens singles... as expected.
white_haired_wizard
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Serena was blowing her apart in the first couple of games. Looked ominous for Venus but then she turned things around. I really thought, at the beginning, it could be straight set victory for Serena. Things can change quickly in a tennis match :eek:
MathematicalMind
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by white_haired_wizard)
Serena was blowing her apart in the first couple of games. Looked ominous for Venus but then she turned things around. I really thought, at the beginning, it could be straight set victory for Serena. Things can change quickly in a tennis match :eek:
Yeah I agree with you!

I'm glad Venus won though because Serena always seems to come across as a bit rude/*****y in some of her interviews. I don't know if it's just me though?
eugenius 8
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Serena! :^_^:

i didnt read the OP thought the Q was who i liked more :getmecoat
thebestusernameever
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by 46664)
Venus won but i think both are bad for womens tennis.

They are great players and well done to them but all those muscles etc is just not very womanly...Henin was a top player. I just think womens tennis is a little more graceful not all this power...i mean Serena and Nadals biceps are the same size! :eek:

But it was a great final.
I have to agree with you there, Serenas legs are like tree trunks.
do do do do
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by 46664)
Henin was a top player.
Personally I never liked Henin after serena played her in da French Open and did not admit to raising her hand when serena was serving.

The william sisters are great role models, much better than any other players mentioned. Hingis and Henin both did not stick at it both left the game early.
I think I would have liked serena to win as she seemed to want it more although I am happy ether way.

If nadal can have big muscles what is wrong with Serena having them. THey are there not only because of the power game she plays but because of her natural build. Henin could never have her muscles because of her build.l
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (211)
39.59%
No - but I will (35)
6.57%
No - I don't want to (36)
6.75%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (251)
47.09%

Watched Threads