stray cat Watch

Spotty Dog
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by SillyFencer)
Eh??? Your first sentence is just wrong. And... the stray's owner? Stray's owner? :confused:
I did say it was only a feeling. I'm not hot on cat ownership law.

And you knew perfectly well what I meant. x.x;
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Spotty Dog)
I did say it was only a feeling. I'm not hot on cat ownership law.

And you knew perfectly well what I meant. x.x;
I really have no idea what you mean, honestly. Stray's don't have owners, so how on earth can it be the stray's owner's fault?
Spotty Dog
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I really have no idea what you mean, honestly. Stray's don't have owners, so how on earth can it be the stray's owner's fault?
Alright, the CAT's owner. x.x;
Gaylei
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
well the kitty has been around today and had some steak! lucky bugger! its fur is silky and no cuts or eye leakeage or anything. It MUST belong to some one!!! but shes so lovely and friendly but always seems VERY hungry, she ate a slice of turkey and some steak and a few cat treats, she went off then under the fence into the street.
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Gaylei)
well the kitty has been around today and had some steak! lucky bugger! its fur is silky and no cuts or eye leakeage or anything. It MUST belong to some one!!! but shes so lovely and friendly but always seems VERY hungry, she ate a slice of turkey and some steak and a few cat treats, she went off then under the fence into the street.
lol, it's probably not that she is very hungry. My cats both act like that when getting treats.
Gaylei
Rep:
?
lol, it's probably not that she is very hungry. My cats both act like that when getting treats.
that most likey the truth! bless her! shes lovely.:cool:
Spotty Dog
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
From what you're saying, the cat seems well cared for. From my minimal cat knowledge (I'm a dog person!) I think, providing there are no other cats in the area, their territory can be quite wide, so I wouldn't limit the search just to your street!

Keep doing what you're doing, the cat seems fine.
Dream_Catcher
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Just keep feeding your little visitor, no need to do anything. Stray cats are resilient enough to look after themselves. If it isn't a stray, then I know I'd be bloody pissed off if my cat came home with a collar on that someone else put there.
If it's your cat the best thing to do is put a collar on them. Yes collars can be dangerous but not if they are used from whent he cat is a kitten and also if they are loose, incase they get caught the cat can escape freely.

Without a collar your cat might be picked up by a person and took home or worse taken my pet patrol and destoryed. Also what about if your pet is injured, how would a person contact you *note you don't have to contact a cat's owner but some people do have morals* to inform you?
Dream_Catcher
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
She won't be hungry. Cats are opportunitists, they eat when they can incase there is a food shortage. She'll just keep coming back knowing you'll feed her.

We've got a few cats in my area who go to 5-6 different houses for breakfast, dinner and tea.
EskimoJo
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Can I just ask why collars can be dangerous? :confused:
Dream_Catcher
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by EskimoJo)
Can I just ask why collars can be dangerous? :confused:
There are a few reasons:

1) Flea collars: some cats might be allergic to the chemicals/frabric etc used.

2) If a cat isn't used to wearing a collar it will try to get it off thus getting it's paws stuck.

3) Collars can get caught on main things i.e fence, which will choak the cat.

Why you should always leave a two finger width gap on collars so a cat can easily get it off in emergencies.
Spotty Dog
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Dream_Catcher)
Why you should always leave a two finger width gap on collars so a cat can easily get it off in emergencies.
This applies for any collared animal, too. If you can't find two fingers comfortably under the collar, it's too tight.
evil groove
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Eww it has fleas- don't let it in, you'll get them, too!
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I know you haven't, but don't rely on it being a stray. My cat goes out and frequently leaves his collar somewhere. Sometimes he'll go out for 2-3 days at a time before coming home.

I would take it to the vet, see if it's microchipped and then put a notice up in your local shops with a picture.
Spotty Dog
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by BlackHawk)
then put a notice up in your local shops with a picture.
Perhaps I'm just a skeptic, but I wouldn't do this. With a picture, you coul easily get someone ringing up saying "Oh thank god you've found my cat!", give an accurate description based on the photo and BAM, you've just given away someones pet.
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Dream_Catcher)
If it's your cat the best thing to do is put a collar on them. Yes collars can be dangerous but not if they are used from whent he cat is a kitten and also if they are loose, incase they get caught the cat can escape freely.

Without a collar your cat might be picked up by a person and took home or worse taken my pet patrol and destoryed. Also what about if your pet is injured, how would a person contact you *note you don't have to contact a cat's owner but some people do have morals* to inform you?
Lol, the last twice we tried putting a collar on her, she came home without it. No idea how though! lol
Gaylei
Rep:
?
we only ever let it in the kitchen... and NEVER on the counters or anywhere, its been comming round for 9 months and we have never had a flea problem... I just wanted to find out who it belonged to so I could let them know we feed it sometimes, incase its going home and then not eating or going home and being ill from what we feed it. I have morals unfortunatly
~miffy~
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
you could put notices in newspaper shops windows or your local vets and see if anyone knows anything or contacts you about it. I dont see any harm in keeping feeding her as well, i have 4 cats at home and 2 of the neighbours cats come round here for food as well :rolleyes: :p: lol, but at least you know she is getting some food, maybe her owners are out most of the day and dont feed her much? :s:
Spotty Dog
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Cats are, I understand, extremely good at regulating their hunger, so they can't overeat. I don't see you're doing any harm really.
~miffy~
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
one of my cats can definately overeat :p: all she thinks about is food :rolleyes: she practically lives in the kitchen lol
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (558)
37.83%
No - but I will (115)
7.8%
No - I don't want to (103)
6.98%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (699)
47.39%

Watched Threads