I am in a Horror Movie Mood Watch

Epitomessence
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
The Sixth Sense is and always will be my fave.
Lord Hysteria
Badges: 16
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
My friend has both and he is bringing The Others and Rec.

If anyone screams, that'll be me :afraid:
Lord Hysteria
Badges: 16
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
OK - I just saw Rec!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

****ing hell - that is some scary ****!!! I had to pause the movie several times - as I couldn't take it and had to mute it...

.... *looking around the room* :afraid:
Rozzo89
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I just saw a clip of the last house on the left.. actually disgusting..I was about to be sick had to turn it off..it should be banned urgh! dont watch.
I_used_to_love_H.E.R
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You should watch The Hamiltons, its quite disturbing....
Isambard Kingdom Brunel
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
1. The Others
2. The Descent
3. The Ring
4. Saw (I-IV)
5. Rec
6. The Blair Witch Project
mkeillor
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Night of the Living Dead
Wolf Creek
The Orphanage
adam_1234
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by evil groove)
:laugh:

I was in the same mood as you the other night, O.P. and I chose Disturbia. I would recommend it! Bear in mind that this type of film is as scary as it gets for me as I am a wuss.
Disturbia was more like a rom com with a few jumpy bits. :p:

I agree with the above poster ^ who said Wolf Creek.
Jayk
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'll second [REC] and The Orphanage. The former is gut wrenchingly scary, and the ending of the latter was so beautifully tragic I was actually in tears.

To continue in the vein of Spanish horror - The Devil's Backbone is absolutely incredible. Genuinely scary and featuring one of the creepiest child-ghosts ever committed to celluloid. Although annoying the version I've got has subtitles that are just that little bit off - I guess it doesn't help that I can understand Spanish and know that they're not matching up, but what the hey.
Isambard Kingdom Brunel
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Jayk)
I'll second [REC] and The Orphanage. The former is gut wrenchingly scary, and the ending of the latter was so beautifully tragic I was actually in tears.

To continue in the vein of Spanish horror - The Devil's Backbone is absolutely incredible. Genuinely scary and featuring one of the creepiest child-ghosts ever committed to celluloid. Although annoying the version I've got has subtitles that are just that little bit off - I guess it doesn't help that I can understand Spanish and know that they're not matching up, but what the hey.
You are lucky then, because the only version of El espinola del diablo uploaded to YouTube does not have any subtitles so I cannot understand what is going on.

I watched [Rec] and El Orfanato on YouTube recently, both astounding films, especially [Rec], which reminded me of BioShock the video game. I would love for the BioShock movie to have a similar feel to [Rec].

Anyone got any other horrors or thrillers for me to watch? I desperaely need some new ones, regardless of language.
barry_4_england
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Halloween (the original) ****ed me up when I was younger! Erm apart from that I haven't many films that make me jump, apart from The Omen remake, but that was in the cinema! Always wanted to see rec, about the only horror film that I haven't seen...looks good.
Isambard Kingdom Brunel
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by barry_4_england)
Halloween (the original) ****ed me up when I was younger! Erm apart from that I haven't many films that make me jump, apart from The Omen remake, but that was in the cinema! Always wanted to see rec, about the only horror film that I haven't seen...looks good.
Just search for '[Rec] subtitles' on YouTube.
Sirocco11
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Dario Argento's Suspiria's supposed to be the scariest film of all time, even I haven't got round to watching it yet. I was pissed off that REC and The Orphanage, and now The Mist have not been shown at my cinema because of the considerable acclaim each of them have received. Doesn't matter now though as I pre-ordered the Orphanage which is released on Monday.
barry_4_england
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel)
Just search for '[Rec] subtitles' on YouTube.
Thanks. I would, but I'm on dial up at home...!
wojtas
Report 10 years ago
Ive just watched The Orphanage (El Orfanato). Quite good.
Isambard Kingdom Brunel
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Sirocco11)
Dario Argento's Suspiria's supposed to be the scariest film of all time, even I haven't got round to watching it yet. I was pissed off that REC and The Orphanage, and now The Mist have not been shown at my cinema because of the considerable acclaim each of them have received. Doesn't matter now though as I pre-ordered the Orphanage which is released on Monday.
I checked it out on IMDB and apparently Hollywood are remaking it in 2010. :no:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (234)
39.39%
No - but I will (40)
6.73%
No - I don't want to (43)
7.24%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (277)
46.63%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed