?
Report 10 years ago
Failure
Amelorn
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
We'll be cleaning up his messes long after he's been buried. And the next crop of corporate-approved candidates looks awful.

National debt, inflation, two (possibly three with Iran) wars, illegal immigration, housing bubble, debt market trouble, Bear Sterns, Escalating oil/food/fuel, health care, medicare, social security, 1 declared recession, and 1 un-declared recessions, alleged 2000 election fraud, 9/11, erosion of civil liberties, reduction of foreign policy to Star Wars-esque Good vs. Evil. This is the legacy of the Bush presidency.

Iraq will have to be a Shia-Sunni reconciliation, $10 per barrel oil, etc utopia for all but the most biased history texts to kindly remember King George II.
sophisti_kate
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
A product of the system.
meenu89
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
makes Gordon Brown look decent
Sickminded
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I think his participation in private corporations led to ill decisions...his interest and those close played a big part...
I believe he isnt the worst, far from the best..
a 5 out of 10
saved9901
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
George Bush is...

A war criminal for invading the sovereign nation of Iraq outside of the UN.

A liar for deliberately misleading the American public to believe that there were WMD and that Saddam Hussein was somehow related to 9/11.

A murderer of 1 million dead Iraqis, 3,000 dead American soldiers and 300 dead British soldiers.

A torturer in Abu Ghraib, Guantanamo Bay and all the others we're not aware of.

An oppressor for the unconstitutional PATRIOT Act which was printed in the middle of the night, not read by most of Congress and passed in the morning.

A cheat for hiring a polling company to strike African Americans in Florida off the voters list in the 2000 election.

A neglector of the 1,500 Hurricane Katrina dead and the 3,000 9/11 dead (which his National Security Council failed to stop). He's also a neglector for refusing to enact the Kyoto Treaty.

After that, there's Valerie Plame and pardoning Scooter Libby, giving Osama Bin Laden a two month headstart, John Ashcroft, Tom DeLay, Donald Rumsfeld and Paul Wolfowitz, General Peter Pace's 'gays are immoral' rant, Colin Powell's lies to the UN, **** Cheney and Halliburton, endangering the separation between church and state on countless occasions, not listening to the Iraq Study Group, ostracising Jimmy Carter from America's democratic process, giving tax cuts to the wealthy and turning Clinton's budget surplus into a huge deficit, dismissing US attorneys, 'My Pet Goat', Harriet Miers' ludicrous nomination to the Supreme Court, relying on Exxon Mobil for 'scientific' information on the climate crisis, threatening the independence of the American judiciary, illegal phone wire tapping, the Downing Street memo, spying on the UN, leading a campaign of dehumanisation against the Eastern world and choking on a pretzel. Oh, but remember that Clinton got blow jobs from an intern.
qgujxj39
Badges: 15
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by TommyWannabe)
George Bush is fine.

Basically it's gone like this;

Everything is fine until September 11th 2001.

1) World trade center attacks

2) The world goes OMGZ MUST HAVE WAR AGAINST TERROR AND NUKES KILL SADDAM HUSSEIN

3) The coalition go to war

4) After a couple of years the public realise that wars occasionally mean spending money and dead people as well as the long term occupation and rehabiliation of a country.

5) The public go OMG WTF GEORGE BUSH IS CRAP, I NEVER EVEN WANTED A WAR, I WANTED A CUP OF TEA WITH OSAMA ALL ALONG.

And that's it.

Now we have a very interesting situation with Zimbabwe, because I bet the majority of the populations (generally) would be up for invading Zimbabwe and capturing that tyrant Mugabe! Deja Vu anyone? I'd say Hussein did his fair few bad things, and now people complain. Meh.

Note this is obviously a very simplistic view but still, it's correct.
Excellent post.
h82think
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Best comedian of all time!
missygeorgia
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by TommyWannabe)
George Bush is fine.

Everything is fine until September 11th 2001.
*******s. Fine for you, maybe.
flugestuge
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by rastaman25)
So, what do you guys think of him?
Finest president we have ever had.
Most world leaders jump when he talks to them.
Your Blair and Gordon Brown obligingly acted like his lapdogs.

Now if only McCain follows Bush's example and bombs Iran, our national happiness will be complete.
LearningMath
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hes such a moron hes actualy funny, only problem is he doesnt realise we're laughing at him not with him :p:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=sYp4jbCs2J0

I couldnt stop laughing at this for some reason, there are plenty of other funny bush videos, but its just funny hearing him spouting his usual rubbish about god-given freedom as he makes an awkward little 'heh' giggle as all the citizens hes supposed to be serving are hauled away by meatheads/police. I know they are interrupting an interview so its correct they should be removed, but its so ironic when he starts talking about freedom of speech as all these people are being dragged away
qgujxj39
Badges: 15
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by h82think)
Best comedian of all time!
Aside from all the politics, this is quite a good view, too.
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by rastaman25)
Gordan
Who? :confused:
filenotfound
Report 10 years ago
i think hes the perfect president for present day america.

Stupid people need a like-minded president, he does what the people want. It's the reason he got voted in really

On a global scale, Americans don't really look outside their borders so they don't really care what he does internationally, only people affected by the wars care, and they're not really in a position to decide on a president are they?
e-lover
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I think he was quite an unlucky guy. 9/11 happened under his administration, I can see why they went for the war on terror so harshly but I don't really support that anymore.
LearningMath
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Sorry but i've just gota add this before i leave the thread

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwisQkmpqmQ&NR=1

Malsy
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Like I think I said before - It doesn't matter what we think of him now he is out soon - it's the end of him and the whitehouse
ConservativeNucleophile
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I wanna buy him a beer and a pair of Stetson boots.
Seanisonfire
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
nice arse
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (443)
37.83%
No - but I will (88)
7.51%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.83%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (560)
47.82%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed