am i asexual? Watch

Spotty Dog
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by SoundDevastation)
either way, theres absolutely nothing wrong with you, and dont let yourself get pushed into relationships/sex that you dont want.

spotty dog says it well.
Thank you.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by Spotty Dog)
Hi OP.

As an asexual, I'm inclined to jump right into the 'OMG YES YOU ARE' sie of the arguement - But I won't.

Firstly, it's really great that you're approaching this with an open mind - Good on you. Unfortunatly, lacking a username means I can only run with what information you give about yourself in these posts.

There are 101 reasons why someone might not find someone else - or people in general - attractive. One is indeed asexuality. Others inclue hormonal imbalance, depression, diet changes.. the list goes on. Please, consider these carefully. However, if you don't feel there is anything actually wrong with you, please don't let anyone convince you that there is.

Explore asexuality (I'm a big believer in exploring sexuality as a whole). Have fun with it - Get to know people on both sides of the argument. Dig around - AVEN is a great place to start!

I assume you're young - Please don't let this play weight on your mind. Remember; Whether you're asexual or not, it doesn't stop you having fun. Even if you are sexually active, no one says you have to have sex anyway. Growing up is exciting - Make sure you live it without worrying about whether you're getting enough sex, or if it's right for you.

One day, you'll stumble across one little thing and it'll all fall into place - Whether it is the acceptance that you may be asexual, or the right partner who makes you feel perfect. You'll find it - We all do.

Also, being asexual doesn't mean you're ****ed, or that you won't even have a relationship. Hundreds of asexuals across the world - myself included - have happy, healthy relationships.

What it basically boils down to is you need to explore the world. If you want to give yourself the label of asexual, then do it - You can always change that label later and if you gives you some kind of peace now, nothing is stopping you. but get out, have fun (whether it's sexual or not), and don't let things like this get you down!
i do worry sometimes you know, and htis may sound sad but when i get older all i want to do is get married and have a family. It's not a huge weight on my mind, and i don't have any other factors that could effect my sexuality or my beliefs. I've felt this way for a long time, so i know it's nothing to do with depression, or diet or anything.

i feel sexual you know, get turned on etc, but i just havent' seen anyone i would want to have sex with. does that make sense?
Spotty Dog
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
i do worry sometimes you know, and htis may sound sad but when i get older all i want to do is get married and have a family. It's not a huge weight on my mind, and i don't have any other factors that could effect my sexuality or my beliefs. I've felt this way for a long time, so i know it's nothing to do with depression, or diet or anything.

i feel sexual you know, get turned on etc, but i just havent' seen anyone i would want to have sex with. does that make sense?
It does make sense.

You're not alone, you're not abnormal, and you will get your dreams. Asexual or not. Believe me.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by Spotty Dog)
It does make sense.

You're not alone, you're not abnormal, and you will get your dreams. Asexual or not. Believe me.
thank you x i hope so
Anonymous #2
Report 10 years ago
[QUOTE] i do worry sometimes you know, and htis may sound sad but when i get older all i want to do is get married and have a family. It's not a huge weight on my mind, and i don't have any other factors that could effect my sexuality or my beliefs. I've felt this way for a long time, so i know it's nothing to do with depression, or diet or anything.

i feel sexual you know, get turned on etc, but i just havent' seen anyone i would want to have sex with. does that make sense? [QUOTE]

You couldn't have worded my own feelings any better! Seriously I feel exactly the same
Erradhadh
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by trefusis128)
Do any women have that kind of thought when they see a man? I kinda assumed all women were just like "ooh hes good looking" not full on sexually charged...

Although ofcouse when they see me- they scream it :rolleyes:
Yes, some women do think that, thanks.
emmarainbow
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I think Spotty Dog's post is truly excellent! *applauds*

What she said.

Also, that I was exactly the same before I figured out my sexuality - I didn't know how to react, so I stopped it being a problem by stopping it being a part of my life. I solved it by finding a label - it helped me feel comfortable enough to then explore outside the boundries of that label.

I don't know if you're ase - only you can say that. I would, however, suggest you might have some things in common with the ase community, and to go check it out. (AVEN, like you've already been linked to - brilliant start. Have you had a look at the forums? They helped me a great deal when I was trying to figure myself out. And it's open to people who aren't ase as well, so you don't need to feel uncomfortable, whatever label you may or may not end up with.)

My advice is to sit back, take a deep breath and try to forget anything anyone has ever told you about sex and relationships. It's scary, but it's YOUR life, and it's up to YOU to decide what they mean to you. Trying to fit what most people feel doesn't help anyone. A loving relationship is based upon mutual feelings like love, trust, respect. Sex is often a part of that, but not necessarily. Some day you might find yourself ready to have it, but if you don't it isn't the end of the world; noone should ever punish you for being slightly different, least of all yourself.

And you can pm me if you want, anons.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (314)
37.83%
No - but I will (64)
7.71%
No - I don't want to (62)
7.47%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (390)
46.99%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed