Romantic Things Watch

SolInvictus
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by unfinished sympathy)
no idea why, but your thread title makes me sing these are a few of my favourite things a la sound of music- how cool am i?

why do girls need romance? i mean flowers die, we put weight on with chocolates, what's the point in romance. god we're pansies.
Me too:cool:
22KT22
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
If its for an anniversary... make a scrapbook of photos, cinema tickets etc from last year. or theres the mixed cd but underneath the song titles write the reasons behind picking those songs.

romantic meal in, cook her fav meal, have candles and roses and a nice bottle of wine (if thats what she likes) or a nice picnic although in england thats impossible. i like the little notes idea.
Erradhadh
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
...wow.

Chocolate? Flowers?

How expected; or rather: who doesn't do that?
princess_sue
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I agree with 'SickMinded' take her dancing, or to a secluded jazz club.

Nothing that everyone else does...so overrated.
ParadoxSocks
  • Volunteer Team
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
We like picnics and random trips to the zoo. And I agree with mix CDs, we like anything thoughtful or with fuzzy animals really.
Emmska
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
or shoes
thats funny
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Things I've tried - or planned to try:

1) Flowers (obvious) - semi-regularly given
2) Go out somewhere nice. Doesn't have to be amazingly fancy, but dinner in a nice atmosphere, perhaps with candles (women like candles) is nice. Will be appreciated most likely.
3) A gift of sentimental value. A trinket -
4) Take to a place you know she'll like.
e.g. History nut - Stonehenge/Battle Abbey etc
5) Go for a drive (day or night) to some excellent vista - Share a picnic if it's day perhaps. Or just sit out under stars at night. Whatever
6) Help her clean stuff
7) Make her drinks and massage her feet back shoulders other places
8) Run bath for her, lather it up, perhaps wash her hair for her
9) General pampering
10) Just be nice. Let her see you are there for her. Tell her you love her, if you do. Don't just have her assume you do.
bitterendx
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by thats funny)

2) Go out somewhere nice. Doesn't have to be amazingly fancy, but dinner in a nice atmosphere, perhaps with candles (women like candles) is nice. Will be appreciated most likely.
5) Go for a drive (day or night) to some excellent vista - Share a picnic if it's day perhaps. Or just sit out under stars at night. Whatever
6) Help her clean stuff
9) General pampering
10) Just be nice. Let her see you are there for her. Tell her you love her, if you do. Don't just have her assume you do.

Marry me?
thats funny
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by bitterendx)
Marry me?
:laugh:
Emmska
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by bitterendx)
Marry me?
Hahaha, you'll have to fight me for him. He likes my favourite film :p:
happydinosaur
Badges: 14
Report 10 years ago

6) Help her clean stuff
9) General pampering
That is a good list!! Should be the official tsr response to all threads asking for romantic ideas.
thats funny
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
:proud: --
fredscarecrow
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

I'd marry you.
thats funny
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
:blush:

Shame though - my ex thought all the nice stuff I did was an excuse to get in her pants. I actually cared for her, more fool her I guess. :rolleyes:

So I'd advise being wary of how romantic you are if that can happen - don't be too mushy, maintain some typically blokey qualities :yy: be able to have a laugh...
fredscarecrow
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
:blush:

Shame though - my ex thought all the nice stuff I did was an excuse to get in her pants. I actually cared for her, more fool her I guess. :rolleyes:

So I'd advise bein wary of how romantic you are if that can happen - don't be too mushy, maintain some typicaly blokey qualities :yy: dbe able to have a laugh...
To be fair, if someone did really romantic stuff for me, I'd assume they were taking the piss:rolleyes:

So yeh, OP, you know your gf whereas we don't..do something that you know she'd enjoy - is she the romantic type? Just don't be too cheesy...unless she's into cheesy stuff. Some girls are, apparently.
Sometimes the best things are the simplest, a cooked dinner and spending the evening/night curled up in bed.
i_<3_you
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
well......what does she like???....
i have a few ideas :
- expensive gift, which can be a sign of your togetherness, maybe a ring, or necklace?
- plan a romantic meal, which you can cook yourself...maybe at your house, or somewhere outside in the moonlight... and do a pathway of rose petals......leading to the table... < you could do that on a beach?
- roses and chocolate
- teddybears
- trip to somewhere where you both havent been together??
????????
thats funny
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by fredscarecrow)
To be fair, if someone did really romantic stuff for me, I'd assume they were taking the piss:rolleyes:

So yeh, OP, you know your gf whereas we don't..do something that you know she'd enjoy - is she the romantic type? Just don't be too cheesy...unless she's into cheesy stuff. Some girls are, apparently.
Sometimes the best things are the simplest, a cooked dinner and spending the evening/night curled up in bed.
I agree with that-

I don't understand it totally though, how some women can think something is too good to be true - maybe it's because they see a total lack of it these days. I like seeing a person I care for smiling because I've done something nice for them, because I like to see them happy, not because I get a kick out of doing nice things or because I'm after something. --

But I'm wiser now, reckon I could strike a better balance of romantics and straightness thesedays - if that makes sense :rolleyes:
fredscarecrow
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I agree with that-

I don't understand it totally though, how some women can think something is too good to be true - maybe it's because they see a total lack of it these days. I like seeing a person I care for smiling because I've done something nice for them, because I like to see them happy, not because I get a kick out of doing nice things or because I'm after something. --

But I'm wiser now, reckon I could strike a better balance of romantics and straightness thesedays - if that makes sense :rolleyes:
You sound like my boyfriend I drive him mad with my belief that things are too good to be true :rolleyes:
I think, for me at least, it's because it's easier to accept that there must be something wrong than to accept that the overwhelming emotion of things being 'perfect'..if that makes any sense. I'm rambling, I'm sorry.
thats funny
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by fredscarecrow)
You sound like my boyfriend I drive him mad with my belief that things are too good to be true :rolleyes:
I think, for me at least, it's because it's easier to accept that there must be something wrong than to accept that the overwhelming emotion of things being 'perfect'..if that makes any sense. I'm rambling, I'm sorry.
No it makes sense - Very rare something perfect comes along, but if you take time to notice I reckon you can see the imperfections. - Occassional tardiness, or maybe he's a bit clumsy or says things before he thinks about them sometimes, little things like that are hard to spot but show imperfection, but the thing is - being late or saying the wrong thing and having valid excuse or apologising for it shows he tries. It masks the imperfection of it, hence why it's hard to spot and why the next time he does something nice/romantic to perhaps make up for it, it seems like he's doing it for nothing and that exasapates how mushy and too good to be true you reckon he is, But it's there, the imperfection - In fact the imperfection shows he does care... more than you reckon - I think. I don't think anyone can be the perfect romantic, unless they have millions of pounds and a head.

tbh I reckon I must have piled the affection on my ex too much, although I wasn't clingy, still got too much for her. I know not to do that now. I know that I have to show some imperfection more blatantly in future to balance it out - so I'm not considered too good to be true - which I'm not. In essence

If any of that makes any sense - sorry I rambled more :p: :rolleyes:
qgujxj39
Badges: 15
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by JB26)
Girls love the littlest of things... (except in a man's lower regions! )
Well done, you just broke my Cheesy-o-meter.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (212)
39.41%
No - but I will (38)
7.06%
No - I don't want to (36)
6.69%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (252)
46.84%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise