Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
They generally don't work for me, so I don't use them
hannah_dru
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I've been taking them since I was 15. That was usually irregular at times when I had insomnia or exams. The last year at uni they've been really regular cos of the noise in the flat. Now I've moved into 2nd year accomm I'm trying to cut down cos there's less noise, and I don't wanna ruin my liver. I'm only trying to take them when I'm really stressed on a work night.
Jacksonxvi
Report 10 years ago
Ive got some prescription ones that I use sometimes, the problem is i feel so tired the next morning, they dont really give you a proper night's sleep
I_used_to_love_H.E.R
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Dont use em because they dont work.

Also they are a drug so you can become addicted which makes u a drug addict. you'll be addicted to sleepin...
hannah_dru
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by I_used_to_love_H.E.R)
you'll be addicted to sleepin...
Not really!
Jamie
Badges: 18
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by saturn)
No they don't knock you out they just make you want to lie down and sleep. Yea you can be woken up.
i find that they work in the,longer term, nto the short term - basically i take a few zopiclone a few times a year if and when my sleeping patterns get out of kilter (such as around exam times when you find you are up till 4am and sleeping in till 1pm.)

Zopiclone aside they do tend to dull the senses for a good 12-18 hours afterwards. even the relatively mild ones.
I_used_to_love_H.E.R
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by hannah_dru)
Not really!
LOL yh i no but it was a funny thought because addicted to sleeping could end up to something else.....
tetters
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i've never used them but imagine they would be handy on a long plane journey
hannah_dru
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Coma?
I_used_to_love_H.E.R
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Coma?
Maybe.... or something worse....
hannah_dru
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I think you'd probably only get that far if you took a serious overdose though.
lucho22
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
If i'm a little distracted.. anxious.. I have a couple of clonazepams and that sorts me out perfectly.. they're not really sleeping pills - more anxiolitics - so they help me to empty my mind..
I_used_to_love_H.E.R
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I think you'd probably only get that far if you took a serious overdose though.
ok ok u win....lol im sure a 'coma' is the worst that can happen, ive never heard anyone thats died because of addiction to sleeping pills tho.
lucho22
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
ok ok u win....lol im sure a 'coma' is the worst that can happen, ive never heard anyone thats died because of addiction to sleeping pills tho.
Well they're metabolised the same way as alcohol.. so your liver will be a nice foie gras if you really abuse them..
i_<3_you
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
hmm..no i havent ever so far in my life...........but sometimes i think of trying them..to help me sleep quicker...coz im in bed now, but not sleepy, and i have to be up at 7, and im on here!! gahh!..

ill defintaly use it when on a plane though..... or on a v. long journey... and when i go abroad
hannah_dru
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Well I also meant that overdose on sleeping pills can probs put you in a coma as well. I had some anxiety tablets last year that said that they could do that.
Echolife
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
No I don't like taking tablets unless it's absolutely necessary.
I_used_to_love_H.E.R
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Well I also meant that overdose on sleeping pills can probs put you in a coma as well. I had some anxiety tablets last year that said that they could do that.
Anxiety pills should have the same effect right , both tablets are meant to calm and settle you down....
blackdragonthegreat
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I think if you take them and still can't go to sleep, and when eventually when you do go to sleep, it will be very tough to wake up.
So never take them on night before exams, if you are an insomniac.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (162)
38.94%
No - but I will (22)
5.29%
No - I don't want to (30)
7.21%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (202)
48.56%

Watched Threads