Top Gear breaking up? Watch

major-major-major
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Has anyone else lost interest in the show? I mean I watched every episode of the last series but somehow I don't find this one that interesting, especially that stunt dude. Maybe its Dave !!
Jace Falco
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
One guy I know has got bored enough that he fast-forwards through all the track parts, and only watches the challenges and reviews.
schrodinger's cat
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by major-major-major)
Has anyone else lost interest in the show? I mean I watched every episode of the last series but somehow I don't find this one that interesting, especially that stunt dude. Maybe its Dave !!
TBH i sort of agree. I got really hyped up about a new series. The first episode was okay but the second was the first episode of Top Gear i've ever got bored and walked off a half way through. Maybe becuase i've seen them do the same type of things over and over again too many times. I'll still continue watching - better than most crap on tv.

The specials are the best anyway :p:
PoisonDonna
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Too many people watch Top Gear that don't really have a clue what they're talking about when they discuss car specs and things like that, hence getting bored when there is a lot of that.
electriic_ink
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Mr May laughed off suggestions that he had not signed his new contract because he was angry about Mr Clarkson's new salary.

"The only reason I haven't signed my contract yet is because it has not yet been finalised," he told The Daily Telegraph. "The current one doesn't expire until the end of July. I'm sure a new one will be sorted out soon."

He added: "I'm not stomping around about Jeremy's contract with BBC Worldwide. Quite frankly, I couldn't give a **** about it."
Thus, they're not breaking up.
schrodinger's cat
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by PoisonDonna)
Too many people watch Top Gear that don't really have a clue what they're talking about when they discuss car specs and things like that, hence getting bored when there is a lot of that.
Well, this is probably true - but i do actually understand when they discuss car specs, but last episode had very boring cars and i don't think i'm alone in not just wanting specs being read out. I can look them up online if i wanted.

I seem to remember Clarkson admitting he doesn't even understand how engines work and therefore probably not what the differences are. I have some interest in how these things work (i am a Physicist after all) but i don't think you can blame me for also wanting some more entertaining parts to the show as well if i'm watching it week in week out (which is what it became famous for anyway).
PoisonDonna
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by schrodinger's cat)
Well, this is probably true - but i do actually understand when they discuss car specs, but last episode had very boring cars and i don't think i'm alone in not just wanting specs being read out. I can look them up online if i wanted.

I seem to remember Clarkson admitting he doesn't even understand how engines work and therefore probably not what the differences are. I have some interest in how these things work (i am a Physicist after all) but i don't think you can blame me for also wanting some more entertaining parts to the show as well if i'm watching it week in week out (which is what it became famous for anyway).
I wasn't aiming that at you. I just know lots of people that watch Top Gear, yet don't have the slightest interest in cars and whinge when they discuss the specs and review the supercars etc.
It's a car show... about cars, I don't see why people would watch it and not want to see and hear about car specs etc.

The cars in the last episode were not boring!

It was the last ep I think where they said "we've accidentally made this week's show all about cars" without any weird stuff? That episode was great. That Merc CLK was just... :love:
Adampolar
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by unfinished sympathy)
i love top gear, think i like jeremy clarkson best even though he doesn't believe in global warming.
Global warming isn't something to believe in, it is not a religion.
PoisonDonna
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Adampolar)
Yeah I didn't quite understand the global warming comment either
will90
Report 10 years ago
I'm well into cars and I've watched it since before hammond and may joined the cast, but the word cast is the problem, its too scripted. they're tryin to be funny all the time n it isnt doin it for me cos its so childish

Whats that about wen clarkson says "I found this on the internet this week..." n probly shows some rude pic, n every1 laughs but who gives a ****. in fact it'll be happenin within the nxt 20 mins if the tennis goes onto bbc2
electriic_ink
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I just know lots of people that watch Top Gear, yet don't have the slightest interest in cars and whinge when they discuss the specs and review the supercars etc.
It's a car show... about cars, I don't see why people would watch it and not want to see and hear about car specs etc.

The cars in the last episode were not boring!
Top Gear is not a car-testing show. It's a show with 3 middle-aged men who act like 6-year-olds around cars. It is, however, strangely entertaining.

Love at first sight's not a religion but I believe in that.

Adampolar
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by electriic_ink)
Love at first sight's not a religion but I believe in that.

How nice for you.
unfinished sympathy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
ok then, he doubts global warming. i.e he doesn't believe in it. may not be a religion, but there ARE some people who do not believe in it.
Bateman
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
No one in their right minds would turn down a contract where you'd get paid to travel around the world, drive fast cars and wreck things, although james may is given a hard time, so he might turn it down.
Bateman
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
ok then, he doubts global warming. i.e he doesn't believe in it. may not be a religion, but there ARE some people who do not believe in it.

There are around 20,000 scientists who have signed a petition saying they don,'t believe in it.
becky.fm
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Ahh tonight's episode was halarious

/off topic
Adampolar
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
The world may be warming up, but people are taking the theories as to why far too seriously and because of the papers reporting that global warming is due solely to carbon emissions, this is now taken as the truth. Jeremy Clarkson should be praised for having the ability to not be convinced just by reading a newspaper article. The world is better with less media monkeys about.
Hannah_x
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I NEED MY WEEKLY DOSE OF HAMMOND.
x
thats funny
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Better not do, it's the only thing on telly worth watching these days
Hannah_x
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by becky.fm)
Ahh tonight's episode was halarious

/off topic
True say ! Lol at the cheese
:love: Rob Brydon
x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (264)
39.05%
No - but I will (46)
6.8%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.54%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (315)
46.6%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed