Personal Statement Vet Med Watch

karate_kat
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
So, I don't think the ps really makes that much of a difference, with liverpool anyway. They rely mostly on academics, then work experience.
Annaconda
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Transatlanticdrawl_)
(although I thought with enough work experience to satisfy Liverpool (the 6 weeks thing),
liverpool require 10 weeks
bluej1
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by city_chic)
Mine was a bit unconventional in that it was only being sent off to Nottingham so I could direct it specifically towards the uni a bit. Also I explained a bit why I didn't choose the right subjects etc etc. Anyway, it was good enough to get me an interview so I'll send it to anyone who wants it.
Hey, would you mind sending it to me? Thanks so much!
Transatlanticdrawl_
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Annaconda)
liverpool require 10 weeks
Ok well I had one or two days over the 10 weeks then, I just remembered it wrong. Anyway, main point being that I just didn't have enough of the right stuff
ashefbjhsdab
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I think liverpool asks for 4 weeks (varied) practise and then 6 weeks animal care (farms/kennels/stables etc)
emilyyy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by OllyH)
I think liverpool asks for 4 weeks (varied) practise and then 6 weeks animal care (farms/kennels/stables etc)
I think you're right
ashefbjhsdab
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm not applying there, but I'm using their requirements as a guideline as the minimum I should have.
Future African game vet
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
is there a special font we have to use, or a certain size?
J_E_N_N_Y
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
you cant change the font or size so no you can write it in word or whatever in any font and any size and it automaticaaly changes when you copy it into ucas.
Future African game vet
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
so what size font is it on the ucas form?
emilyyy
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Future African game vet)
so what size font is it on the ucas form?
Size twelve - but like karate kat said, you needn't worry about formatting as it is all automatically edited once you have submitted the application.
karate_kat
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You mean like Jenny said? lol :p:
emilyyy
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by karate_kat)
You mean like Jenny said? lol :p:
Argh! I do indeed! I must have you on my mind

Sorry, Jenny!
karate_kat
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It must be cos I'm so great lol

I was worse the other day, my mind must have turned to mush or something. I went into school for a concert band rehearsal and forgot my trumpet, then I stayed at a mates house (we were both going to karate that night) and I forgot my belt (duh!!) and had to borrow her dad's as he also does karate, but it was so long I had to wrap it around 3 times, lol.

So, yeh, that was not a good day for me.
karate_kat
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
EDIT: Sorry, posted the same thing twice.
Future African game vet
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
aaagghh...this is so annoying! I have less than 4000 charaters but about 53 lines (in size 12) but it's fine in size 10! oh well....back to the drawing board.....
karate_kat
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Have you separated it into loads of paragraphs? - Could you put some of the paragraphs together?
emilyyy
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yeah, gaps between paragraphs is a no-no!

The uni's will know you're trying to save on space, so just a new line I would say is fine.
JW GINGER
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I think the UCAS form is in size 11,so that should get your lines down. Was when i did a comparison with word line count and ucas line count
I have gaps in between paragraphs, looks a lot nice imo. I like having gaps, means i can talk more at interview, but im crap at writing loads of stuff. I'm glad its a 47 line limit else I'd have been right buggered.
I've also got one line spare, and Im not sure whether to mention my band or add Im planning on doing some lambing. Band most likely
goldeneagle
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by city_chic)
Mine was a bit unconventional in that it was only being sent off to Nottingham so I could direct it specifically towards the uni a bit. Also I explained a bit why I didn't choose the right subjects etc etc. Anyway, it was good enough to get me an interview so I'll send it to anyone who wants it.

Hi there ,
I have just been reading this thread. I am having a problem with my PS as well:shock: Especially the start of it. Please would you mind sending me a copy as well.

Also if there is anyone else out there that wouldn't mind sending me a copy I would be ever so greatful
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (100)
40.16%
No - but I will (12)
4.82%
No - I don't want to (16)
6.43%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (121)
48.59%

Watched Threads