Cars - what's the big deal? Watch

Bavarian Motor Works
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I like the 0 -60 thrills , i like the freedom, i like the ego massage when people take pictures when im driving
bean87
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Friggerpants)
Is that aimed at me?

Do you even know what you're on about?
yes its aimed at you

yes i know what im on about

keep up chump
Friggerpants
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by bean87)
thats what you get when you like blokes

im sticking to the ladies

no stubble rash and stinky hairy arses

I'm not gay though....................

So you don't want I'm on about.
bean87
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
yeah i got that

keep up

christ maybe i shouldn't veer from the 'smart' forums
DoMakeSayThink
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by punktopia)
First of all - this is just genuine curiosity, not an attempt to flame/troll. I took some driving lessons a few years ago and came to the conclusion that a) I wasn't a safe driver, b) driving is overrated and c) cars are just generally annoying.

However, lots of people love cars. Why is this? Is it the freedom they allow you? There's been times when, waiting at some random train station in the freezing cold while my train gets delayed for the fifteenth time that I wish I had a car. Or is it the hobby aspect? This part I don't get... I can think of far more interesting things to do than repair/modify a car.

Feel free to enlighten me. Why do you love cars?
In the same way that I'm flummoxed by those who can spend hours a week watching football, it's quite understandable that you don't see the appeal of car maintenance/tuning as a hobby. It's all just a matter of taste.

I enjoy being able to drive because of the freedom that it allows me. I've lived in the UK my entire life, and there is so little of it that I've actually seen. With a car, I can just choose a place I want to visit and go straight there, no waiting for trains, no wondering how I'm going to get to/from the train station, no bloody cramped buses making me feel sick.
Friggerpants
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
yeah i got that

keep up

christ maybe i shouldn't veer from the 'smart' forums

Your patter's poor, jog on.
amy.dd
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Because I live an hour and ten mins bus ride from the nearest proper town/city but in a car it is 45 mins. The buses don't run regularly/are always late/dangerous drivers and i need to get a lift to the station. They don't run past 6:30 or on a sunday.

I like to come and go as I please which isn't easy living in a rural town. It gives me freedom and makes life a lot easier and I don't have to rely on my parents.
bean87
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Friggerpants)
Your patter's poor, jog on.
lol jog on

havent heard that in a while. if i remember i was in liverpool with an absolute dumb ****

i like people being angry at me through ignorance, its like im winning twice
atoms4peace
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I dont see anything wrong with cars but i have no need for one. This is why i gave up driving after failing my test on first attempt. I'm probably going to learn again over summer but i have no plans on getting a car. For me it'd be more trouble than its worth. I live only 3 miles from the city centre, buses come every 10 minutes or so and only cost £1. I rarely use the train but i have a rail card for when i do so tickets are quite cheap. Next year i'll be going to London (hopefully) so i definately won't need a car then. Petrol prices going up and expensive insurance and all that. Plus 4 of my close friends drive so if i need a lift home from there place or where ever we are i'm sorted.

Too many people get cars just for the sake of it imo. Unless you live out in the sticks or need it for work there is really little point of a 17/18 year old having a car
Balth
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
When you drive a sexy car, it makes you feel equally sexy. When I drive my dad's V70 I'm hot, when I drive a '68 Alfa 1750 GTV I'm a mean, lean sex machine - indeed, I'm so sexy I make an Angelina Jolie-Heidi Klum-Bernie Ecclestone threesome look bland and slightly uninspiring.

When you're as ugly as me, you kinda need that. That's why I love cars.

(Not that I've ever driven an Alfa 1750 GTV, but I imagine that's how I'd feel.)
bean87
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
you would feel old

a ferrari f430 however....
Bavarian Motor Works
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Indeed nothing beats ego massages, but it does get annoying after a while.
Bavarian Motor Works
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by atoms4peace)
I dont see anything wrong with cars but i have no need for one. This is why i gave up driving after failing my test on first attempt. I'm probably going to learn again over summer but i have no plans on getting a car. For me it'd be more trouble than its worth. I live only 3 miles from the city centre, buses come every 10 minutes or so and only cost £1. I rarely use the train but i have a rail card for when i do so tickets are quite cheap. Next year i'll be going to London (hopefully) so i definately won't need a car then. Petrol prices going up and expensive insurance and all that. Plus 4 of my close friends drive so if i need a lift home from there place or where ever we are i'm sorted.

Too many people get cars just for the sake of it imo. Unless you live out in the sticks or need it for work there is really little point of a 17/18 year old having a car
So you attempted driving, failed, gave up?
Now you rely on friends and public transport for your needs?

To be honest, you dont know how much you need a car till you've owned one for a couple of weeks
The Hitchhiker
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Bavarian Motor Works)
i like the ego massage when people take pictures when im driving

If you drove a Supercar, maybe. You drive a rep mobile so no one wants to take a picture bar the Speed Cameras!
Bavarian Motor Works
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by The Hitchhiker)
If you drove a Supercar, maybe. You drive a rep mobile so no one wants to take a picture bar the Speed Cameras!
ooo la la

And you know all the cars I drive do you :rolleyes:

edit - just saw the golf GTi bit how is that not a rep mobile, friends sister was given one as shes a representitive :p:
The Hitchhiker
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
ooo la la

And you know all the cars I drive do you :rolleyes:

edit - just saw the golf GTi bit how is that not a rep mobile, friends sister was given one as shes a representitive :p:
Hatchbacks arent usually the car of choice for a rep... What plannet are you on?
Bavarian Motor Works
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by The Hitchhiker)
Hatchbacks arent usually the car of choice for a rep... What plannet are you on?
Agreed but you would be suprised what most companies offer and what employees take

And GT cars are ? :confused:
The Hitchhiker
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Agreed but you would be suprised what most companies offer and what employees take

And GT cars are ? :confused:
Your a rep in the know then:p:
bean87
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
grand tourers
The Hitchhiker
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
grand tourers
What about them?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (502)
37.8%
No - but I will (102)
7.68%
No - I don't want to (91)
6.85%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (633)
47.67%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise