How many of you are doing FM NXT YEAR? Watch

Aleeece123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i am i am - its gonna be amazing! (sorry, ive had coffee so im a bit hyper at the moment...)
wizard710
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I am hoping to do Further Maths next yeah depending on what results that I get. Hoping for an A*
Robbie10538
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm doing f. maths next year instead of critical thinking/general studies. Its kind of compulsory for me as I want to do maths at oxbridge.
MarcusLL
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
apart from FP1 and FP2/FP3, isnt FM fairly simple considering i can opt to do all the easy applied modules that i didnt do in normal A level maths.

i.e. lets say i choose M1,M2 in my A level maths can i go and chose D1,D2,S1,S2, FP1 and Fp2 as my further maths a level - surely thats quite straightforward?
AnonyMatt
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by MarcusLL)
apart from FP1 and FP2/FP3, isnt FM fairly simple considering i can opt to do all the easy applied modules that i didnt do in normal A level maths.

i.e. lets say i choose M1,M2 in my A level maths can i go and chose D1,D2,S1,S2, FP1 and Fp2 as my further maths a level - surely thats quite straightforward?
You also need to think about how the modules will apply to you. Why are you doing further maths? If you're going to do physics at university, shouldn't you be doing more mechanics modules? I think you see what I mean.

As for me, I'm doing further maths, though I don't think the D1/D2 modules are offered.

To up the thread a bit:
Is anyone considering additional further maths?
I might have a crack at an AS in that, by doing:
C1, C2, C3, C4, S1, S2, S3, M1, M2, M3, FP1, FP2, FP3, D1, D2

I'm all for self-teaching, but I'll need to know whether additional further maths would be an advantage (I'm not decided on what I want to do at university) so I'll talk to someone about that in college!
MarcusLL
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by AnonyMatt)
You also need to think about how the modules will apply to you. Why are you doing further maths? If you're going to do physics at university, shouldn't you be doing more mechanics modules? I think you see what I mean.

As for me, I'm doing further maths, though I don't think the D1/D2 modules are offered.

To up the thread a bit:
Is anyone considering additional further maths?
I might have a crack at an AS in that, by doing:
C1, C2, C3, C4, S1, S2, S3, M1, M2, M3, FP1, FP2, FP3, D1, D2

I'm all for self-teaching, but I'll need to know whether additional further maths would be an advantage (I'm not decided on what I want to do at university) so I'll talk to someone about that in college!
Oh yeh i see what you mean. Ill have a go at all the stats modules in that case (for economics)

Regarding additional FM - im not actually doing it (cos im not taking FP3/FP4), but i am doing an extra 3 modules from somewhere!

You're self-teaching for everything??? Thats pretty extreme.
AnonyMatt
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by MarcusLL)
Oh yeh i see what you mean. Ill have a go at all the stats modules in that case (for economics)

Regarding additional FM - im not actually doing it (cos im not taking FP3/FP4), but i am doing an extra 3 modules from somewhere!

You're self-teaching for everything??? Thats pretty extreme.
Oh god no! I meant that if I were to do additional modules, I would self teach. My college does this:

Y12: C1, C2, C3, S1, S2, S3
Y13: C4, FP1, FP2, M1, M2, M3

I don't even know what modules there are altogether, but if it would help my university application, I would definitely self teach 3, or even 6 modules!
beachboi
Report 10 years ago
I'm doing it aswell....starting in September doh! What have I let myself into? Hoping for A*(GCSE)
.x.alexa.x.
Report 10 years ago
I'm hoping to do it only if i get my A* in Maths. Haven't looked at the syllabus or anything but :eek: Hope its not that hardd.
Robbie10538
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm doing (maths/f.maths)

AS: C1, C2, S1 / D1, D1, FP1
A2: C3, C4, M1 / FP2, ? , ?

I've got mixed opinions on doing decision maths as it is supposedly hard to revise and get good marks on and not respected, but it does seem quite interesting to me...
Guinny
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Well not next year but the year after that, because next year I'm doing just the A-level. It's like, AS year: C1, C2, S1, C3, C4, M1 and A2 year with the FP modules. Sorry if I failed to communicate anything in this post T__T

</incoherency>
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (399)
37.64%
No - but I will (82)
7.74%
No - I don't want to (75)
7.08%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (504)
47.55%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise