Which universities are the quickest to reply? Watch

Spotty Dog
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Brighton rejected me within a week of my application.

Kingston gave me an unconditional 3 days after interview.
Moofy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Manchester gave me an offer within two or three days of my application being processed, I think Warwick and King's gave me an offer around the end of October/beginning of November, and I was interviewed at UCL mid-November and received my offer slightly less than a month later!

They were all fairly quick, really.
Valkyrja
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
Nah, QMUL didn't reply untill Mid March/April. They were the worst :mad:
Ahhh....woopsie
Bandit Queen
Report 10 years ago
I got my first offer from Glasgow within 2/3 days of my application being processed and I had all 5 offers within 2 weeks (I applied in November)!

In order: Glasgow, Liverpool, Edinburgh, Leeds, Manchester.

I was well chuffed!!
juicyfruit
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Anyone know how quick Plymouth, Portsmouth and Cardiff have been?
xJessx
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Salford got back to me first with two conditionals after about a month, Manchester rejected me about a week later and Man Met got back to me last, wanting an interview about another week later.
alex_hk90
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Southampton replied within 9 days of my application being processed; it was nice.
lulu_dudette
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Sheffield only kept me waiting about 1-2 weeks.... Warwick kept me waiting 5 and a half months!!!
Crystaltears
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Reilly)
Manchester tend to do them all in order...so the earlier you apply the better your chances, as do exeter, warwick and soas from what I've been told.
Warwick sent me an email saying that they waited till the deadline for applications before making any offers so that everyone had an equal chance

I heard back from Manchester within a week, then Leeds and York were after about 2/3 weeks, Durham was about a Month and then Warwick was about 6 weeks.
Valkyrja
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Crystaltears)
Warwick sent me an email saying that they waited till the deadline for applications before making any offers so that everyone had an equal chance

I heard back from Manchester within a week, then Leeds and York were after about 2/3 weeks, Durham was about a Month and then Warwick was about 6 weeks.
Hmmm....actually I think I confused Warwick with CSSD. Sorry...they did the same to me thinking about it (it was so bloomin long ago though).

My heads in the shed today.
Crystaltears
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Reilly)
Hmmm....actually I think I confused Warwick with CSSD. Sorry...they did the same to me thinking about it (it was so bloomin long ago though).

My heads in the shed today.
Haha it's ok! I know it seems like ages ago now. I can still remember my track log in number off by heart though because I was THAT addicted (geeek!)
Sick Puppy
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I submitted my UCAS just before the christmas break so they didn't get back to me for about 2/3 weeks (as UCAS was shut) but Oxford Brookes gave me an offer on the day it reopened! My 1st choice uni obviously took the longest to decide :rolleyes:
jus-mi
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
royal holloway!!..they replied about a wekk after i sent my uni application
* Catrin *
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
exeter were quick last year
naddles
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Within a week I got an offer from Surrey
OhNO!
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I didn't hear from anywhere till January, and I applied late October. Heard from KCL last, they were dead slow.
naddles
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I had the same problem with KCL apparently the admissions tutor were ill or something like that, the deadlines passed and a lot of people got automatic rejections!
originalname
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
The worst ones... they're either desperate for you, or have nothing better to do (both worrying).
tarnishedpenny
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I had an offer from Edinburgh by the end of October and UCL, Imperial and Bristol offers by mid November (their first interviews were then and it then took 2-3 days to get offers). Durham took forever...well...until December.
JNW
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I got my reply from derby after a few days.

successful too
not that i wanna go there :P
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (236)
39.14%
No - but I will (41)
6.8%
No - I don't want to (45)
7.46%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (281)
46.6%

Watched Threads