Me&boyfreind going to uni Watch

xxstace123xx
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
i hate not knowing what im going to do though, it really annoys me.

did nobody think about university at my age?
trefusis128
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Well from my age (16) I knew I wanted to go, but damn me if I have even considered where or what to study, Im going to keep an open mind and see what happens over the next two years; who knows what new interests Ill find. Or what misconceptions I had.

You have never studied psychology- how can you KNOW thats what you want to sign up for?
LearningMath
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You've been together 4 years? And your 15... seriously listen to the above advice, clever people go to uni... start acting it, you should stop blindly ignoring the advice above. Its good logical advice, the whole 'we will be together forever' mentality is the kind of thing a love struck 12 year old thinks. Anyway, goodluck with your A-levels.
Denny Crane
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by xxstace123xx)

If you take 100 people your age and ask them what are they going to do at uni or what uni are they going, 95% of them will say i dont know. unless you're considering medicine, ill advise you to think about what subjects you want to do at A-levels.
kftjkp
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You will probably change your mind about what you want to do at university by the time you come to apply to university, let along whether or not you're still with your boyfriend - so don't even bother thinking about it.
Jozaphinee
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

weirdly no, I've only just started deciding about what I want to do, I kept an open mind.

You can't really determine whether you will both get into the same uni, but if you don't if you've been together 4 years+, surely you could survive being at different uni's?
suek
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
If you're really not going to break up, you don't need to be living in the same place to survive.

If your relationship is worth it, if you really think it's forever, then it can survive the two of you picking two unis perfect for you and your course as individuals.

If you're scared you'll break up because of distance, well sorry, but you'd break up without the distance before long most likely anyway, too.
Stray_talk
Badges: 2
Report 10 years ago
been together for 4 years .. were not going to break up.
Pull the other one.

I doubt it'd last 5 mins at Uni. Harsh but fair.
nothingspek
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
How romantic.
trefusis128
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by nothingspek)
How romantic.
You spelt dillusional wrong... :rolleyes:
nothingspek
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by trefusis128)
I think it's so sweet that they're thinking of going to uni together, I mean, it's bound to work.
Sarahl89
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

Yeah i did, and since then i have changed my mind at least 10 times. Of course its good to know how alevels / uni works in advance, but before you get to the time when you actually apply to uni you will change your plans loadsss - you might not even like psychology by the time you come to apply.

& as for going to uni with your boyfriend - i think both of you should just choose the course & uni that is right for you & not talk to each other about it while you're deciding. That way you both know you've chosen your unis for the right reasons - think of the resentment if you break up or one of you hates the course / uni cause you've chosen together.

& also, if you hate not knowing what you're gonna do at 15, wait until you're waiting on Alevel results - right now i COULD be going to exeter, or to plymouth, or not going to uni atall, or be spending 6 months in newzealand,, i have nott a clue whats gonna be happening in my life.. and thats in less than 3 months time!! ..go out & enjoy being 15! theres plenty of time to worry about it later
Joanna May
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Meh, when I was 15, I wanted to do psychology. Now I'm doing French.There's no point thinking about it yet, especially when you've apparently set your heart on a subject you've never even had experience of.
Valkyrja
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Mee && my bf wanna go to uni togetha ,, but we are really worried about not getting into the same uni!

he wants to do electrical engineering n i wanna do psychology?

dunoo wat to do lol anyone?

xx
There's a little distance....Cardiff, Bristol, Bath, UWE, UWIC, Glamorgan, Newport...all within 40 mins of each other sort of (apart from bath which is about an hour from cardiff with changes). You could live together.

Bristol Uni is good for both psychology and engineering. As is Bristol UWE. My boyfriend is going to UWE and I'm going to Bristol.

If you look at cities like Cardiff....you have Cardiff University, University of Wales institute in Cardiff (UWIC) and Glamorgan pretty close. If you pick a city and apply to the Uni's in and around the city you should be fine. Manchester or even London if you could. There's loads in London, you don't have to be in the same uni to live together, you can live in independent halls owned by UNITE or similar, or in partner accommodation, or say if you went to University of London colleges like Goldsmiths, QMUL, Kings, UCL etc. you could stay in one of the intercollegiate halls together, yet be at different unis.
Joanna May
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by trefusis128)
So did you. Delusional.
trefusis128
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Joanna May)
So did you. Delusional.
Even im going to laugh at that situation.
oh sweet Irony...
xxstace123xx
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by Reilly)
There's a little distance....Cardiff, Bristol, Bath, UWE, UWIC, Glamorgan, Newport...all within 40 mins of each other sort of (apart from bath which is about an hour from cardiff with changes). You could live together.

Bristol Uni is good for both psychology and engineering. As is Bristol UWE. My boyfriend is going to UWE and I'm going to Bristol.

If you look at cities like Cardiff....you have Cardiff University, University of Wales institute in Cardiff (UWIC) and Glamorgan pretty close. If you pick a city and apply to the Uni's in and around the city you should be fine. Manchester or even London if you could. There's loads in London, you don't have to be in the same uni to live together, you can live in independent halls owned by UNITE or similar, or in partner accommodation, or say if you went to University of London colleges like Goldsmiths, QMUL, Kings, UCL etc. you could stay in one of the intercollegiate halls together, yet be at different unis.

Thankyou, thats great advice.
nothingspek
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Oh God, just looked at your profile, you're only 15, who's to say you'll even be together when you're 18.
Valkyrja
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

I was obsessed with Unis from the age of 12.

But then again I had to fight to get through my exams and where I am today.

meh...it's good I felt a lot more prepared than everyone else and ended up as a sort of peer careers service.

Still messed up UCAS last year thougha and re-applied this year
Tinkerbee
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Thankyou, thats great advice.

It's not so much advice as common sense :rolleyes:

Good luck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (377)
37.29%
No - but I will (77)
7.62%
No - I don't want to (71)
7.02%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (486)
48.07%

Watched Threads