Results day so much worse this year? Watch

kiss_me_now9
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm **** scared.

I've already got a back up job planned if all goes to pot, what I might say if I narrowly miss and how many tears there are gonna be!
fredscarecrow
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm terrified. Keep telling myself that I can afford to drop two grades (predicted AAA, need ABB to get into my firm) and that my grades from last year mean that I don't need As to get As, if that makes sense...
so theh I tell myself I'd be happy with ABB..which is a blatant lie...and then comes in the fear of what if I haven't got ABB? Or even BBB though I really don't want to go to Edinburgh...

I wish I'd worked harder.
Sine
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
umm im ****ting myself coz I never worked as hard as I could for my GCSES and they are really important for medicine and that is all I have ever wanted to do...
Miss_Scarlett
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I normally am excited about results day, this year Im dreading it- thats a bad sign isnt it?
i_<3_you
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i sort of know what im gonna get, coz i just did BTEC nat dip... but stil im dreading it, incase it comes out different to what i think it is....as i remember for one my c.w's i got a distinction on, teach said, examiner takes it and checks it, it comes back as just a pass..i really hope it isnt like that....
and then iv got my AS maths to worry about!!! arghhhhhhhh...and its 4 days before my birthday..i just hope it comes out good...
jelly1000
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by affinity89)
At GCSE, I didn't need anything. I got an A in English and an A in Maths when I took them early and the college I was going to was more than accommodating even if you didn't get Cs. [Then I moved colleges, after results day, to one where you need As in the subjects you want to do - if I'd have been going there in the first place, I guess GCSE results day would have been more stressful lol!]

At AS, I freaked a little on the day (but not before) as you get chucked out if you don't get decent grades.

For A2, I've been freaking about the results since I sat my first exam. I keep having dreams about it and am desperate to know how I did yet frightened too. You know when you try to convince yourself you would be happy with lower grades - well, I'm trying but it isn't working. I've worked (as most people have) so hard these past few years, to fail now would be dreadful.

Anyway, good luck everyone. I guess there is nothing we can do so we must try to forget about it.
I am trying to forget about it, unfortunatley if you don't get a C in Maths GCSE you are screwed basically. And I can't see how, if I had to retake it, that I could do any better unless I had the most amazing teacher.

Good luck with that.
matty600
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I've had 2 minor heart attacks, 3 dreams about it arrrrrghhhhh its terrible the stress is ridiculous, makes me so ill
fusionskd
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
http://www.resultsday.co.nr

Result day countdown ^, its kind of crap, but I made it and I wasn't bothered to make it stylish hehe
inksplodge
  • CV Helper
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I know I'm not going to achieve perfect grades, but I'm still eager to find out how I did in my exams. :p:
matty600
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I worry about what other people think of my grades as well not just what i think, I will just get C's n possibly a B but i know people will consider that as failure, that really bothers me... don't know why.
affinity89
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by matty600)
I worry about what other people think of my grades as well not just what i think, I will just get C's n possibly a B but i know people will consider that as failure, that really bothers me... don't know why.
Aww don't let anyone else make you feel bad...

To get any grade at all is a great achievement, whether that is an E, a C or an A.

You know the work you've put in. Be proud!
Speedbird2008
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by PeeWeeDan)
If it's any consolation that is entirely untrue
:ditto:

And why has your profile totally changed? Have you become a Muslim??
matty600
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Aww don't let anyone else make you feel bad...

To get any grade at all is a great achievement, whether that is an E, a C or an A.

You know the work you've put in. Be proud!
Ye i suppose so all my friends get As all the time and I always just get C's n B's occasionally. My brother ALWAYS gets As and I've been told a lot that I am the let down child and that, only just started to get me down really never used to bother me, but when he came home with his school report and was 1st in the class in everything except maths which he was second, it didn't annoy me I was pleased for him and got him a present but then he said "you never got this did you you were always bottom of the class" and it actually really upset me, didn't let him know that but made me cry lol
affinity89
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by matty600)
Ye i suppose so all my friends get As all the time and I always just get C's n B's occasionally. My brother ALWAYS gets As and I've been told a lot that I am the let down child and that, only just started to get me down really never used to bother me, but when he came home with his school report and was 1st in the class in everything except maths which he was second, it didn't annoy me I was pleased for him and got him a present but then he said "you never got this did you you were always bottom of the class" and it actually really upset me, didn't let him know that but made me cry lol
*hugs*

Cs and Bs are fantastic. Your brother is just lucky to do so well. And, even if you are not top of the class, you are worth every bit as much as him and your friends. When it comes to results day, don't let them get you down - academic life is just one part of who you are and if you have tried your best then there is no reason at all for you to feel sad about your grades. Even someone as academically lucky as your brother will discover, this world is full of people with a range of talents and strengths - whilst there will be people who are "better" academically, there will be just as many who are "weaker" academically.

I hope you are feeling more positive on results day... Good luck.
matty600
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
*hugs*

Cs and Bs are fantastic. Your brother is just lucky to do so well. And, even if you are not top of the class, you are worth every bit as much as him and your friends. When it comes to results day, don't let them get you down - academic life is just one part of who you are and if you have tried your best then there is no reason at all for you to feel sad about your grades. Even someone as academically lucky as your brother will discover, this world is full of people with a range of talents and strengths - whilst there will be people who are "better" academically, there will be just as many who are "weaker" academically.

I hope you are feeling more positive on results day... Good luck.
Thanks
PeeWeeDan
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Speedbird2008)
:ditto:

And why has your profile totally changed? Have you become a Muslim??

Haha no long story. It will be back to it's glorious pro-Israeli stature next week.
tropicalcoconuts3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I just imagined holding that envelope and almost threw up! I'm so nervous, my exams didn't go well!
Gooner
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I agree, the thought of results day this year is so awful! At GCSE and AS I was more excited than anything, because I knew that nothing was really too dependent on my results, and I also knew that I'd done well in the exams. This year I have no idea how I've done in my exams because the examiners for so many papers are so dodgy - it's like they never like to give As for certain papers!:p:

I remember walking out of each of my exams and being pretty positive about the majority of them. I finished my A2s with my final English module and felt extremely positive about my results - I remember saying to somebody that I may have just met my offer of AAB for Durham, but my estimation of how well I've done in each paper has gone down so much in the last few weeks. It's so torturous to have to wait another month to find out if we've failed to meet our offers or (hopefully) not!

What really gets on my nerves is when people at my school say "What, you'll be disappointed with ABB at A-Level, Paul?" and I'm like..."well yeah, because that means I've failed (technically), as I'll not have met my Durham offer, and I refuse point blank to go to Newcastle!". They end up rolling their eyes. I can't help the fact I need such high grades [/rant]

So yes, the run up to results day is horrible this year!
affinity89
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Gooner)
This year I have no idea how I've done in my exams because the examiners for so many papers are so dodgy - it's like they never like to give As for certain papers!:p:
I am worried about this.

In Business Studies last year, for the January AS module, I was the only one to get an A (90/90) but the teacher expected maybe 5/6 such results. Instead, people who'd been getting B/C in the class tests (which we did lots of) got E/D grades. They contacted AQA and they remarked every paper. Everyone went up by at least a grade and one of the girls who got an E was bumped up to a B. How did they get it so wrong?

It was bad as AS (we had issues with the marking of AQA English Lit Lang Mod 3 as well) but at A2 you don't have the time to sort it out and could thus lose your place at university because an examiner has mucked up.

If I didn't think I'd mucked them all up anyway, that would be my main concern I think. It would feel so dreadful to have a forced gap year or something because of an examiner's mistake.

Fingers crossed it won't happen this time round. =D
kiss_me_now9
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
My sister (two years ago) got an E in her English Literature exam, they asked for a copy of it and the examiner had written 'Who is this character, why is he relevant' next to where she'd started a paragraph with the name of the MC. :eek: They got it remarked and she went up to a high C.

Our school has had issues with language papers being marked really low, think people getting Es and Us when they were predicated As and Bs.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • University of East Anglia
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Primary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Health, Education, Medicine and Social Care; Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Business and Law; Science and Engineering Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (552)
37.81%
No - but I will (115)
7.88%
No - I don't want to (102)
6.99%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (691)
47.33%

Watched Threads