I love nando's
Nando's IS the best
eulerwaswrong
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Ed.)
My 18th will be at Reading Festival - well the travelling day before but close enough- so that will be kinda my party weekend.
thats class - you lucky *******
Becky7337
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It was a treble 18th, we all just went out for a nice meal then out in town afterwards...was good fun but I think my 17th was better (exactly the same but just a better night out)
Feexx
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
aimed to go out clubbing, but in reality got so drunk at the local pub never actually made it into town, was a good night though
TwoNineOne
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by PaGaL)
Nando's IS the best
yeh and my uncle is the manager for nandos so can get lots of freebies yay
Somebody
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
On my birthday itself (beginning of Oct):
Went to school. Came home... Went shopping at Tesco with my mum
(Since I had 3 free's that day, I'd asked several people the night before what they thought of me holding a mini-party in the free pretty much everyone had. I got no replies, so didn't get anything. I walked into school to be greeted by 3 of them going "is the party still on?" Needless to say, I wasn't particularly happy!)

End of Oct:
Family get together
Meal with friends

December: Joint birthday party with a friend whose birthday was also October. Rented out a bar / hall thing and had a fancy dress theme. Provided our own music (let people choose their own songs and put it on a CD player). Invited 60 people who we got on with, 30 attended (No point inviting the whole year for the sake of it). Worked rather well A few people said it was the best party of the year for them (relaxed, cool costumes, not too crowded, but not empty).

I'm the oldest out of my group of school friends, so pubs weren't a choice, and I hate clubbing
AussieKat
Report 10 years ago
I had a huge party at my house. We got the basics in and told everybody to bring some favourite booze, if not make do... and we partied into the night! We couldn't go clubbing really cos it was two days before christmas lol x
Spotty Dog
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I used to have great house parties - One of the advantages of living in the middle of nowhere is you don't disturb anyone at 3am when you're still making a whole load of noise. xD

Basically, I got the food, a few bits of booze and everyone else bought a bottle. Anything I could find got thrown into a punch bowl. xD
affinity89
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
On my 18th, the majority of my friends were still 17, as it was back in September. So, drinking and clubbing were limited, especially as there is a heavy police presence and everywhere asks for ID.

I was away for a girlie weekend with my Mum Friday/Sat before my birthday, so on the Sunday we went to the cinema (about 15 of us) and then for a meal. On my birthday (the Monday) my friends brought a cake into college and we found a room to ourselves to chill in during our afternoon free. On the Friday after two friends surprised me with a night out. Those who wanted to drink (and could get away with doing so because they were 18/looked it) did, those who didn't want to / couldn't didn't.

Some of my friends have done meals out and then onto clubs (as an increasing number of us have turned 18). A few others did big 18th parties with family and friends alike and some drinking games that I reckon they'd want to forget lol. Some of the more recent ones have done a week-long event - with bouncy castles and clowns on night, a roller-disco the next, fancy dress around the nightclubs in town the next night etc.

Do what you want to do. After all, it is your night.

=D
Ygraine
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I had a ceilidh with all my friends and family and we all had an amazing time. I spent my 18th downing water instead of alcohol because we were all so hot from all the dancing
punktopia
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Can't really remember. Don't think I did a lot.
vagabond
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i came home 4 days late
that's all i remember
city_chic
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I didn't go for the whole Big Do thing. I'm saving that for my 21st I think.

I went out for a birthday meal with friends a few days before my birthday and on the day just met with a couple of friends for a drink and went out for a nice lunch with my mum, and in the evening had a nice birthday tea with family.

My presents contributed towards a great 18th, such as tickets to see an excellent show a few weeks prior to my birthday and a nice weekend away after my exams finished.
tetters
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
went to my favourite curry house with a handful of mates then went to the pub for couple hours - good times
jenofthefer
Report 10 years ago
I like to spread my celebrations over a few days

day before i went out in my home town with some friends. was pretty cool.
actual day i went to see biffy clyro (fav band) and went out + hotel in leeds with my friend. oh i had my hair cut as well. bit random but i lopped loads of it off so it was a big thing for me at the time.... hehe

i also had a monday night shindig in my hometown cause that was the big student/indie night when we always went out.

i basically remember very little not just because i was a bit bladdered but because it was over 4 years ago. which makes me feel a tad old. i prefer to say wise although one thing i do remember is spending very little - it's your 18th let alone your birthday, its the way nature intended it.

i also bought a car. well technically my parents bought me a car but the one i found was over their budget so i got to contribute. couldnt drive yet tho. :cool:
aaloo
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I had about 20 close friends round at my house for a party. Bit ordinary but I loved it as usually my house parties are massive and for my 18th, I wanted something a bit more intimate. We just chilled all evening with alcohol and music channels on the telly.
* Catrin *
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I went out into town with my boyfriend the night before/morning of my bday and spent that time with him, went for a meal and then had a few drinks...the day of my birthday i went to alton towers! had an immense time there! and then after went for a meal with my family and met my 3 closest friends in town for a pissup and then the day after had a BBQ at mine, got the quad bikes out and had another piss up! mannnn my 18th was great
GeorgEGNT
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Went out on me actual birthday

Went to Amsterdam on the session ferry the following weekend
mollymustard
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I went to the Theatre on the day before my Birthday with 6 mates to see Wicked! and then we went to a bar until the small hours of my birthday.
The next day I chilled out with my family a bit, and then more friends came over (I'd say about 15) we played drinking games and then headed out to Camden for a little bit.

All in all it was an okay day, no real complaints. I didn't have a fantasitic time though mainly because I wish I'd pre planned a little better.

Whatever you do, its the people you're with that make your day!
Robob
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
House Party
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (301)
37.44%
No - but I will (61)
7.59%
No - I don't want to (60)
7.46%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (382)
47.51%

Watched Threads