Spots and attractiveness - girls Watch

shotgunkisses
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
A few spots or mild acne doesn't matter. Of course, perfect skin is preferable, but I myself get spots quite often so I can't be hypocritical. I have to say though, big whiteheads are a turnoff, pop em please! But in general, YES I do find guys with a few spots attractive. Overall face shape etc is much more important.
SouthernFreerider
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
see the GP if its a problem. i got somewhat bad acne over the last 3 or 4 years, thoguht i would have to just deal with it or outgrow it, but went to the GP half a week ago and already its made a huge difference.

seriously, if it bugs you, at all, even just a bit, see a GP and get some proper **** for it. they cant sell decent stuff over the counter,
Pseudomuse
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by rastaman25)
The OP stated clearly that he has three or four spots.

Now that counts as acne?

I'd say this does:

http://www.dermatology.svhm.org.au/P...s/acne%201.jpg
is that a girl?
Profesh
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yeah, Jesus, people are really not getting me today.
Clearasil - good for the 3/4 spots he has got, and a regular regime of washing face.
Acne - see doctor for prescriptions etc.
Trust me, it works. Even for the people with bad acne.
Mm-hm.
emilina
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
my last bf had really bad acne and my current one did too untill he got medication for it. doesnt bother me at all lmao.

everyone gets spots. i dont think it bothers anyone tbh, and if it does then they are a little shallow.
thanette
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Ever heard of this mate?

http://clearasil.co.uk/

Trust me, it works. Even for the people with bad acne. Though the OP has four spots, so it doesn't exactly count as acne.

That was the part implying clearasil would work for even bad acne.
thanette
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Just saw someone else had quoted that example too. My bad.
thanette
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Think that girl prob has polycystic ovary syndrome-excess facial hair, oily skin and bad acne.
Smoobla
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I know it's harsh but acne sickens me, particularly when an acne-sufferer hasn't been to the doctor in an attempt to remedy it. Having said that, it is treatable so it's possible that I could find someone with acne attractive, as long as it was on the wane. Maybe.

OP, you have four spots that no-one else will have noticed. They'll be gone within a week. Try thinking about something important instead. :p:
Anonymous #2
Report 10 years ago
Ever heard of this mate?

http://clearasil.co.uk/

Trust me, it works. Even for the people with bad acne. Though the OP has four spots, so it doesn't exactly count as acne.
No it doesn't. Have you ever actually had bad acne? If Clearasil worked why on earth would dermatologist prescribe strong medications like roaccutane with various possible side effects? Grow a brain.

I know it's harsh but acne sickens me, particularly when an acne-sufferer hasn't been to the doctor in an attempt to remedy it. Having said that, it is treatable so it's possible that I could find someone with acne attractive, as long as it was on the wane. Maybe.
People like you sicken me. I don't dispute that acne can make people less attractive but the fact that you judge someone as a person by it is incredibly harsh. Over the past few years I've been on 3 different antibiotics, benzoyl peroxide (to the extent that it's made my skin dry and peel), topical retinoids, various vitamin supplements, various face washes and moisturisers, altering my diet/drinking lots of water before my skin got so bad that I started to get permanent marks, could barely face going outside when it wasn't absolutely necessary and stopped swimming as well as other things I like. Finally I went on roaccutane, felt utterly miserable and put on a stone and a half. Now though I've finished roaccutane which was a complete success and my skin is improving. How would you judge me?
Speedbird2008
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
The OP stated clearly that he has three or four spots.

Now that counts as acne?

I'd say this does:

http://www.dermatology.svhm.org.au/P...s/acne%201.jpg
Haha, you're a knob.
perkyDani
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by generalebriety)
Well, of course, it's not ideal. And spots never improve your appearance.
sometimes they can, if they draw attention away from your other hideous features
juicyfruit
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by thanette)
Think that girl prob has polycystic ovary syndrome-excess facial hair, oily skin and bad acne.
Not every sufferer gets that, but yeah it's quite a likely symptom to get if you've got PCOS. I'd say whoever that is, go and see your GP and get something from the doctor to help that acne.
juicyfruit
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by perkyDani)
sometimes they can, if they draw attention away from your other hideous features
:rofl:
Donald Duck
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Simple soloution is simply to wash your face more mate! It works wonders!
If only life was that simple...
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
No it doesn't. Have you ever actually had bad acne? If Clearasil worked why on earth would dermatologist prescribe strong medications like roaccutane with various possible side effects? Grow a brain.

People like you sicken me. I don't dispute that acne can make people less attractive but the fact that you judge someone as a person by it is incredibly harsh. Over the past few years I've been on 3 different antibiotics, benzoyl peroxide (to the extent that it's made my skin dry and peel), topical retinoids, various vitamin supplements, various face washes and moisturisers, altering my diet/drinking lots of water before my skin got so bad that I started to get permanent marks, could barely face going outside when it wasn't absolutely necessary and stopped swimming as well as other things I like. Finally I went on roaccutane, felt utterly miserable and put on a stone and a half. Now though I've finished roaccutane which was a complete success and my skin is improving. How would you judge me?

she could have probably used a little more tact, but don't be too hard on her ..atleast she's being honest ...and you should want honesty at the end of the day because it's no use to you if everyone says yes i don't mind them and then you get out there and your confidence takes a battering because you discover more girls than you thought don't like them.

the problem with forum questions is that if people have a negative view they often won't post it, so someone could ask for example would you date a guy with a leg amputated and the thread would probably mostly contain stuff like "yes, if he had a good personality and we got on well" but the people who wouldn't date him alot would just keep quiet as they don't want to appear "shallow"

doing a poll is much better imo as the people who are afraid to speak out can do so with fear of being judged negatively and you get a more honest anwser.

oh and just for the record i sometimes get acne too, not really that severe but enough to make self concious about it.
Smoobla
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by ANM775)
she could have probably used a little more tact, but don't be too hard on her ..atleast she's being honest ...and you should want honesty at the end of the day because it's no use to you if everyone says yes i don't mind them and then you get out there and your confidence takes a battering because you discover more girls than you thought don't like them.

the problem with forum questions is that if people have a negative view they often won't post it, so someone could ask for example would you date a guy with a leg amputated and the thread would probably mostly contain stuff like "yes, if he had a good personality and we got on well" but the people who wouldn't date him alot would just keep quiet as they don't want to appear "shallow"

doing a poll is much better imo as the people who are afraid to speak out can do so with fear of being judged negatively and you get a more honest anwser.

oh and just for the record i sometimes get acne too, not really that severe but enough to make self concious about it.
Yes, I was a bit harsh. I am though; my old tutor used to call me 'Callous One'.

Anonymous, I wouldn't judge you at all if I knew your story! You have my sympathy, your situation sounds like my worst nightmare. I don't immediately judge people when I see their bad skin, but I don't find them attractive. That isn't to say I immediately hate them and refuse to be civil to them! I don't immediately judge people with acne. Obviously I have to have had an acne-based conversation with them to find out whether they are seeking medical treatment for it! Surprisingly, I'm unable to tell, just by looking at someone, whether they are receiving treatment for their acne. Also, I can't comprehend why someone wouldn't seek help for their acne. Whenever my eczema flares up, I am at the GP's like a shot!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (399)
37.64%
No - but I will (82)
7.74%
No - I don't want to (75)
7.08%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (504)
47.55%

Watched Threads