My hands/arms go numb really easilly... Watch

EggCustard
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Touche)
Well since that maneuver didn't do anything I'm probably way off the mark... but I thought your story screamed thoracic outlet syndrome, where you have something interrupting the blood supply to your arms when you get in certain positions. Roo's test is supposedly pretty good at reproducing symptoms if that was the case. Ahh well.
well, it happens in my legs/feet too!
I also get very cold in these areas and a low deep pains... I've had them for years but doctors arn't interested as it's not rhumatic (spelling?) and I'm not keeling over... it's v annoying as it's very painful when it's bad!
I can get the pains all over sometimes.. but luckily I do have times when everything is fine!

I've tried vitamins... thought magnesium was working for awhile but I think that was more wishful thinking.

guess it's one of those things (what ever that means :rolleyes: )
<3 Caterpillar
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
could it be raynaud's?
i have this in my hands in winter
and in legs/feet when ive been sat down for a while.
EggCustard
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by <3 Caterpillar)
could it be raynaud's?
i have this in my hands in winter
and in legs/feet when ive been sat down for a while.
just had a quick google...
'Raynaud's disease is a condition that causes some areas of your body — such as your fingers, toes, tip of your nose and your ears — to feel numb and cool in response to cold temperatures or stress. In Raynaud's disease, arteries that supply blood to your skin narrow, limiting blood circulation to affected areas'.

I've had a doctor say that once but they said it was only in your hands.
I get it in my arms and thighs too.. unless it's a side-effect depending on how severe it is????

also, they asked if my hands changed colour - they don't! I have very pale skin anyway.

and stress can trigger it off too.

eek..
my hands/feet etc do not do this - thankfully. (see pic)
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/ray...CTION=symptoms
<3 Caterpillar
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
well if you get no changing of colour then your probably okay.. unfortunatly my hands do do that.
It freaks me out.. I used to have nightmares about it when i was little!
haha... its a good party trick after snow ball fights..
but then you have to warm them up with hot water... and then they go bright red and extremely painfull.

Its very rare to have it in other limbs such as legs but unfortunatly i have a strange blood type.. im currently under tests at the hosiptal to see why it happens..
but dont worry im sure its not that if u dont have the 3 colour changes.. blue white and red.
EggCustard
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by <3 Caterpillar)
well if you get no changing of colour then your probably okay.. unfortunatly my hands do do that.
It freaks me out.. I used to have nightmares about it when i was little!
haha... its a good party trick after snow ball fights..
but then you have to warm them up with hot water... and then they go bright red and extremely painfull.

Its very rare to have it in other limbs such as legs but unfortunatly i have a strange blood type.. im currently under tests at the hosiptal to see why it happens..
but dont worry im sure its not that if u dont have the 3 colour changes.. blue white and red.
I'm very glad I don't have that!
arn't you at risk from frostbite??? if you have to warm up your hands so quickly - I thought that was dangerous!
I know that I'm O neg but I don't think it has anything to do with my blood group.. maybe circulation ?
I've had it so long I'm pretty much used to it.
goddessart
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
when i was in hospital the nurse told me to drink more to put my bp back up
Skyebluerose
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Tingling, numbness and pins can be a sign of MS. I would get checked by a different doctor.
snugglebear
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by EggCustard)
I'm very glad I don't have that!
what's the big deal? I have it, with the discolouration, and on top of that I have brown skin so it's more obvious. I would never warm up my hands with hot water, can't believe the other person does that. but it's no big deal. and only had one bad time when they went purplish.
Little Popcorns
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Lacks Organisation)
Yeah, so if I lean, like laid on my bed but resting some of my weight on my elbow (hand on side of head), my arm goes numb in about 2 mins. Is that normal? It just seems to happen much faster recently (well, within the last few months). It's the same if I sit at a desk and do that elbow-on-table-hand-on-chin thing and any other position where my arm is raised. I know it happens to everyone, but why does it happen so quickly to me?
Am I lacking in vitamin B12?
Telling your doctor and having a blood test is the only way to be sure.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (100)
39.68%
No - but I will (12)
4.76%
No - I don't want to (16)
6.35%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (124)
49.21%

Watched Threads