Geordie Accent - Whats The Big Deal? Watch

lolimemma
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by GeorgEGNT)
More specifically... Down the Bay! love it, I live in Whitley Bay like, I'll miss it when I go to uni lol, I'll be back every weekend for the toon matches like so I'll be able to go down for a few when I'm back for them.
Haha. Geordie scum :P
And man i haven't been to Whitley Bay in so long! I used to go so often when I was little. I still remember it from when Spanish City was open there!
GeorgEGNT
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
lol my personal Geordie on the tele etc was Sid the Sexist from Viz, search for him on youtube, funny fella and the finest example of the loutish geordie stereotype.
lolimemma
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Liverpool's Number 9)
Wasn't George the moustachioed owner though?

Anyway Byer Grove pft, Geordie Racer was what the cool kids watched. :P
omg i had the themetune of that in my head for like a week recently!! Wasn't that the look and read show that they used to make you watch at school?! With the racing pigeons lmao.

Flashing free, flying high, flashing wings across the sky.. Geordie racer geordie racer!!!! Ahh the memories!
lolimemma
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Ahhh sid the sexist too. The ep when they went for the curry was the best thing ever!! All so true too!
Cate15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by redbluegreen)
I can think of better accents. Scottish accents are simply marvellous.
nah geordie are the best
GeorgEGNT
Rep:
?
(Original post by Cate15)
nah geordie are the best
We might have to give you the key to the city! lol I've never seen someone enjoy the geordie accent so much! haha
GeorgEGNT
Rep:
?
(Original post by lolimemma)
Ahhh sid the sexist too. The ep when they went for the curry was the best thing ever!! All so true too!
Aye by far the best one " A think al gan oot on tha tap " lol
lolimemma
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Lmao is that where he comments on the lass's tits and ends up with 2 black eyes or summit lmao?
LaurenFah
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
We sound simple and common Haha.

But yes, I am asked to say Byker Grove a lot.
nuttygirl
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Cloughton
acelib82
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It gets on my nerves a bit when people try to lump people from the North-East all together as if we all have the same accent. I am from County Durham, I am not a Geordie, but people from outside of the area just seem to think we are all just Geordies.

Of course there is nothing wrong with being a Geordie, but it is a bit annoying when you just want to be known as being from Sunderland, Durham, etc...
GeorgEGNT
Rep:
?
Yeah and its always the smogs and the mackams etc that get associated with the geordie accent, hardly ever the other way round, must get right on your nerves lol
shotgunkisses
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I speak with a Geordie accent, I live a little north of Newcastle so I can't technically call myself a Geordie. I do get people asking me to say certain words, it gets a little annoying, but what's worse is when people assume you're unintelligent and live off benefits in a council house, just because of how you talk.
Rdotbk
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
im from london and the geordie accent is too sexy
curiouslyorange1989
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
nought wrong with a bit of geordieism
faber niger
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It's quite a warm inviting accent. As are Irish dialects.

It would be boring if we all spoke Received Pronunciation.
faber niger
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by acelib82)
Of course there is nothing wrong with being a Geordie, but it is a bit annoying when you just want to be known as being from Sunderland, Durham, etc...
Don't be a snob; it's not a big deal. :p:
River85
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by lolimemma)
I spent loads of time in Gateshead growing up
I feel sorry for you :p: Unless you mean Low Fell or the wider borough (which isn't Gateshead).

(Original post by GeorgEGNT)
the annoying thing is, the grove isnt in Byker!!!! lol
Benwell?

I don't like the georfie accent, I'm sorry. I've just really started to hate it (a really stronf one anyway). A soft, warm pitmatic Northumbrian accent, or rural Northumbrian accent I could listed to all day. Not geordie though.

Ho hum.
River85
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by acelib82)
It gets on my nerves a bit when people try to lump people from the North-East all together as if we all have the same accent. I am from County Durham, I am not a Geordie, but people from outside of the area just seem to think we are all just Geordies.

when you just want to be known as being from Sunderland, Durham, etc...
:ditto: Not everyone from the north west is a manc, are they?

I will add a mild mackem or pitmatic Durham accent to the accents I like. It's really just the accent of urban Tyneside (I have no problem with dialect).
lolimemma
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by River85)
I feel sorry for you :p: Unless you mean Low Fell or the wider borough (which isn't Gateshead).
The wider borough. :P Whickham if you've heard of it! Spent a lot of time there but I lived/live just South of Durham which makes for an interesting accent! Its a mix of Geordie, Durham, and Darlo with a bit of Scottish dialect thrown in for good measure. I actually don't know anyone else who sounds like me lol. According to quite a lot of people I have a hot voice though. Even though I hate it because its so mixed!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (249)
38.97%
No - but I will (44)
6.89%
No - I don't want to (47)
7.36%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (299)
46.79%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed