Approaching women (for girls) Watch

shotgunkisses
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by snorty_swirl)
(but NOT if it is like 'sooo.. two days ago you had steak for dinner?)
LMAO
that's class.

I'd say just go for 'Hi' and a smile, or something unintrusive, like ''Nice day, isn't it?', to see how she reacts - if she just nods and moves on, she's not interested, if she replies and smiles, keep talking.
Jelkin
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
"Hi, I just picked up these tampons by accident. Perhaps you'd like them?"

No, seriously, just be honest and lay off the sleaze. To be honest, I'd probably question the motives of a stranger who tried to chat me up - most guys I go out with are my friends first, so I might wonder if he just wanted to get laid since he couldn't possibly like me for my personality.
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I've never approached a random girl I don't know like spotting one on the street or shopping centre, however as I am currently single I have been thinking about it recently but then I notice that all you girls are rolling around in packs of 2s or more..:mad:

and on the rare occasion I do see a girl by herself 8 times out of 10 she is unapproachable because she is on the phone or listening to her mp3 player.

so most likely if i were to ever approach a girl i didn't know I would have to do it in front of atleast 1 of her friends.

how do I approach a girl I find attractive without coming off as some sort of player, because i'm not ..but i can sorta see why girls might think this if I approached.
randdom
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Stop Spamming
curiouslyorange1989
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by ANM775)
I've never approached a random girl I don't know like spotting one on the street or shopping centre, however as I am currently single I have been thinking about it recently but then I notice that all you girls are rolling around in packs of 2s or more..:mad:

and on the rare occasion I do see a girl by herself 8 times out of 10 she is unapproachable because she is on the phone or listening to her mp3 player.

so most likely if i were to ever approach a girl i didn't know I would have to do it in front of atleast 1 of her friends.

how do I approach a girl I find attractive without coming off as some sort of player, because i'm not ..but i can sorta see why girls might think this if I approached.
lol stop making excuses for yourself and get stuck in! i bet if you did see and alright looking lass by her bill, not on the phone, and waving at you with a come hither look you would be like "well shes not blonde so no"

though to be fair iv never pulled a randomer in a none alchol fuelled enviroment!
Bateman
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Telling her her shoes or top looks good and asking her where she got it from works and isn't too pushy lol
Danielle89
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Bateman)
Telling her her shoes or top looks good and asking her where she got it from works and isn't too pushy lol
I'd question the guy's sexuality....
DamnitJanet
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Actually, speaking of supermarkets, I did end up talking to a guy in M and S for ages once because he came up to me and said "so... three bean mexican wrap, huh?"
But he was a bit weird, so it's probably not the best way to go.
Personally, I don't see anything wrong with "Hi, how are you, my names BLA, sorry if this seems weird but I noticed you... etc."
Symbea
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Walk up to them and say "What would be a good line to make certain that you'd start talking to me?" listen to what they say and walk away and come back reciting that line with a swagger.
Bateman
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Danielle89)
I'd question the guy's sexuality....
You'd answer; "thank you".. "i got it from ..." then i'd say, "it's my cousines birthday" or something like that, what matters is that it's started a convo.
Danielle89
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You'd answer; "thank you".. "i got it from ..." then i'd say, "it's my cousines birthday" or something like that, what matters is that it's started a convo.
ah, ok, that's an acceptable excuse for a guy asking where a girl shops for clothes I've only ever had girls asking where my outfits are before
Bateman
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Danielle89)
ah, ok, that's an acceptable excuse for a guy asking where a girl shops for clothes I've only ever had girls asking where my outfits are before
Telling her her outfit is nice is a compliment and she'd just smile and say thank you, saying her outfit is nice and asking where she got it from is complimenting her and starting a convo.
Rei
Badges: 1
Report 10 years ago
lol been watching drake and josh aye :cool:
cadaeibfeceh
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
No you're all wrong I think David Walliams struck gold on 8 out of 10 cats:

"You're in luck, I've decided to go ugly early!"
Bateman
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Rei)
lol been watching drake and josh aye :cool:

watching who lol?
Rei
Badges: 1
Report 10 years ago
watching who lol?
You don't watch Drake and Josh! :eek:
floralpulp
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
saying hi will do, chat up lines are really cheesy
Bateman
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by floralpulp)
saying hi will do, chat up lines are really cheesy
Do you have a map? because i'm lost in your eyes.
floralpulp
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Do you have a map? because i'm lost in your eyes.
They won't work on me.

CHEESYYYYYYYYYYYYY.
*pitseleh*
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by εїз pinga εїз)
-after getting the number, do not ring it to check if she fake-numbered you. Some guy did this to me. wtf?? If I fake numbered you the first time I'm hardly gonna wanna talk anyway!
How did someone get hold of you if you gave them a fake number? :confused:

In answer to the OP: my other half came up to me and said something to the effect of "I like your hat. It's not very practical, though - what if it rains?" (I was carrying a cloche hat made from chicken wire that I'd been making for my Art GCSE ). Bizarre chat-up line, but what I liked about it was the fact that he obviously hadn't pre-prepared what he said - I hate the idea of generic chat-up lines because they don't exactly make you feel special. :rolleyes: :p:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (61)
37.89%
No - but I will (6)
3.73%
No - I don't want to (10)
6.21%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (84)
52.17%

Watched Threads