Boyfriend accusing me of rape Watch

This discussion is closed.
SuperDaz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Being woken up like that is like the best way ever

He is just being a **** to be honest and he wants a rise from you. Just ignore him and he will shut up.

You've swollen the evidence anyway, so they couldn't arrest you :ninja:
lolilady---O
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Op if he's definatly going to go to the Police maybe you could tell them first what he's planning on doing?
WelshBluebird
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
technically I think it is sexual assault. But really, he's just being an idiot. Even if he does take it to the police I can't see it being taken seriously.
dh00001
Report 10 years ago
just ignore him, hes doing it to try and hurt you and keep you thinking of him
CatatonicStupor
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Honestly, I think he's being a bit melo there. "OMG, yr doing exactly what I wanted you to, but I was asleep when you started! Rape! Rape!" People are more likely to pay attention to him if his **** was on fire. :rolleyes: But it does make me wonder...what self-respecting guy would complain at being woken up like that...what an arse.
liamb
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You could just threaten to tell all his mates - there is no parole for them laughing at him. In fact, let's face it, everyone here seems to be of the opinion he is a loser. You're better off without him.

Are you sure there isn't anything else here, because he sounds either immature/ not all there / malicious. If it is the second or third, everything looks less than funny.

Finally, if it is really bothering you, you could:
A) get advice confidentially (CAB, ask a WPC etc)
B) get close friends etc to stick by you - anything starts to go bad, you've got moral and physical back up.

try A first. Your right to remain anonymous will be respected.
Agent Boris KGB
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
people assuming the police won't be interested are very naive, if he did make a complaint they (the police) would have to 'invite' her to the station 'for a word'.
Electric_Dreams
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
;console;

Don't worry, he's just annoyed that you split up with him and will get over it. Anyway, the police would probably not take him seriously, and at the end of the day he is threatening you I suppose.
Electric_Dreams
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by SuperDaz)
You've swollen the evidence anyway, so they couldn't arrest you :ninja:
:rofl:

I'm not sure how important it would be but that's a very valid point! :p:
frankie_sez_relax
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
HAHAHA!!! THIS IS GREAT! Don't worry! He's a ****, he'll be laughed out the police station (which he won't even go to cos he's blatently lying or he'd have done it already).

Plus, what proof does he have? You could literally deny it and there'd be nothing that could be done.
sib
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Ok, firstly I just want to say to the OP that there really is nothing to worry about!! Seriously, nothing will come of this!!

Secondly though... is no one else a little worried about the views of every poster?? I do agree, that the OP has done nothing wrong... I know my ex loved to be woken up like that

BUT... If it was the other way round and the OP was posting to say that she had woken up to her ex fingering her (for example....) then would we not come to a different conclusion?!

Just a thought!! But just to say again... I think that the OP is in no way wrong, and her ex is stupid!! Why did you break up out of interest? It wasn't because of this was it?

xxxxxx
lolilady---O
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by sib)
Ok, firstly I just want to say to the OP that there really is nothing to worry about!! Seriously, nothing will come of this!!

Secondly though... is no one else a little worried about the views of every poster?? I do agree, that the OP has done nothing wrong... I know my ex loved to be woken up like that

BUT... If it was the other way round and the OP was posting to say that she had woken up to her ex fingering her (for example....) then would we not come to a different conclusion?!

xxxxxx
Yeah completely. Poor male sexual assult victims (not your boyfriend Op)
Donald Duck
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Don't worry, isn't it a problem that not enough rape cases get passed.

And if you'd like a nicer response from such an act, you should try it at my place
warranty-ideal
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
No, it's not sexual assault. I imagine he didn't complain at the time. The fact that he is comparing this to rape... is somewhat insulting to genuine victims of sexual assault. It would go nowhere with police, CPS or the courts. Don't lose any sleep over it.
Glutamic Acid
Report 10 years ago
"Sounds like you've been raped, Mark."

But really, nothing will come of this (no pun intended).
Donald Duck
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by sib)

xxxxxx
Totally, and this just shows that we still have sexism going on. However, in my opinion, when I'd do this to a girl who has been wanting to be fingered for weeks, I don't think I should be punished either.
Robby_J
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Ed.)
I don't think that conviction would get any-where near court. Something similar happened on the peep show a while back, but no convictions there.

I think he is just being a **** really.
Seriously, just LMFAO. That's like saying "Ye, i saw something like that on the A-team, but that worked out alright."
HeadShock
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by sib)

Just a thought!! But just to say again... I think that the OP is in no way wrong, and her ex is stupid!! Why did you break up out of interest? It wasn't because of this was it?

xxxxxx
Ditto, i think the fact you gave him a bj before he was even awake and therefore he didn't have the chance to give consent is the only appliable argument.

The situation is like taking a tv from a friends house assuming they won't mind, but in fact they might and you have comitted theft.

But nothing will come off it
warranty-ideal
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Actually, I'll quote the relevant law, it's slightly more reassuring that people going "yes it is" or "oh no it isn't", slightly pythonesque.

Section 3, sexual offences act 2003:
Sexual assault

(1) A person (A) commits an offence if—

(a) he intentionally touches another person (B),

(b) the touching is sexual,

(c) B does not consent to the touching, and

(d) A does not reasonably believe that B consents.

(2) Whether a belief is reasonable is to be determined having regard to all the circumstances, including any steps A has taken to ascertain whether B consents.

(3) Sections 75 and 76 apply to an offence under this section.

(4) A person guilty of an offence under this section is liable—

(a) on summary conviction, to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 6 months or a fine not exceeding the statutory maximum or both;

(b) on conviction on indictment, to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 10 years.

As you can see, it clearly fails on these two points of the offence.
bumbleboy
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by CatatonicStupor)
Honestly, People are more likely to pay attention to him if his **** was on fire.
Well if he is going to go the cops you might as well give him something to complain about!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (308)
37.47%
No - but I will (64)
7.79%
No - I don't want to (61)
7.42%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (389)
47.32%

Watched Threads