The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
DisgruntledMoth: I just wear normal summer things, so maybe jeans, sandals and a summer top...and it's actually supposed to be a good area to live in!

Sunofnight: Erm not really, i'm quite slim so my boobs might look bigger on my frame, but no more so than anyone elses really. As in they're not gigantic.

I'm glad its so common, but i'm quite shy so I don't think I could ever shout back at any of them...:redface:
Charlski
:p: I didn't say ALL men! Actually, I watched quite a good program a while back. Bloke dressed up in a wig and miniskirt and all that. He got whistled by a load of builders. Then proceeded to bare all. :biggrin:

Please read my previous post :smile:

I beg you :p:
Reply 22
i am EXACTLY the same as you. im 18 now and ts stillt he same. went to an all girls school and ony get come onto by old men, peverts etc. not nice. i honestly don't know what we can do but your definitely not alone. im sure a good lad will come your way soon. keep strong xx
Reply 23
Your name is Lolita?

No seriously though - first I think the fact that old men beep at you is unfortunately fairly commonplace (it happens to a lot of my girl friends.) The fact that people your age don't ask you out is a different issue. It's not like old guys have come to take the place of 16 year olds who are passing you up.

As for why you aren't getting asked out, I can't say. It could be any of the reasons people have pointed to. But my point is that neither thing is that uncommon at 16, so don't worry, and good luck with the boys :smile:
Charlski
:p: I didn't say ALL men! Actually, I watched quite a good program a while back. Bloke dressed up in a wig and miniskirt and all that. He got whistled by a load of builders. Then proceeded to bare all. :biggrin:

Not saying much, even Jackie Stallone would get whistled at by builders. Think I've upset the builder community on TSR with that one.
Reply 25
tbh these men doing it probably think you like it.

I am male, and on two occasions in the past I was honked at/shouted at by females driving by in thier cars.

It made my day :smile:
Reply 26
FizzBitch: Yeah, I just try and get to the busiest place and I lose sight of them. It would be scary if I was in a deserted area but that's not happened thank god!
I always get nervous around guys, but maybe I will have to make the first move :redface:
Ur probably more attractive then you give yourself credit for
Welsh Geordie
Not saying much, even Jackie Stallone would get whistled at by builders. Think I've upset the builder community on TSR with that one.

Hell, even I'd get whistled at if I stuck two watermelons down my top.
Welsh Geordie
Hell, even I'd get whistled at if I stuck two watermelons down my top.

You don't even need that. Seriously, if you have long hair; dress non-descriptly. If you don't; get a wig.

You WILL get whistled at (so long as you aren't 6ft tall now I come to think of it)
Reply 30
Just wiggle your bootay and start singing "can't touch this" whilst also clicking your fingers.
Reply 31
The decent blokes don't usually act in this way so just ignore them.
ahh i wouldnt worry about it, unless theyre actually stalking you!

every young attractive girl has been beeped at dont worry... as long as your still not in school uniform and your getting beeped at then i wouldnt be thinkin theyre peadophiles

when you do make guy friends your opinion of men will change (a little)

im working for a construction company atm and sometimes have to go driving to sites with seemingly normal guys... until theyre driving along and find a fitty and they become some raging whistling beeping pervert! (and i look like their lesbian accomplice!)

i think its just natural for guys to stare and its a shame you feel uncomfortable about it as really they are just sad desperate men so dont take it personally
Reply 33
Maybe you look older.
I don't understand what men hope to achieve by hooting at some random girl on the street.

Are they expecting her to turn around and say "Wow, I'm so complimented. Lets sleep together"?

:rolleyes:
Reply 35
GodspeedGehenna
I don't understand what men hope to achieve by hooting at some random girl on the street.

Are they expecting her to turn around and say "Wow, I'm so complimented. Lets sleep together"?

:rolleyes:

Yeah.. that's what I keep asking myself. I suppose they just do it for "fun". For example I have noticed that if I look angry or disgusted at a comment, that makes them very happy/gleeful. So normally I just try to ignore them completely, not give any sign whatsoever that I can see or hear them.

There was one exception though. I was walking on the street, pretty annoyed about something else, when a random guy tried to make a pass at me - innocent enough remark compared to some others - and I shouted in his face "shut the **** up you *******!". He was like :eek: . :biggrin:
Reply 36
I think the reason men do this is because it sometimes works

Kind of like junk mail, when you think to yourself, "who is stupid enough to fall for this stuff?". And sure enough someone does, because if no did they would stop sending it.

Anyway, to OP, unfortunatley most of my attractive female friends do sometimes get unwanted male attention. I find it quite sad (and a bit worrying) that they have come to accept this type of behaviour.
jonnyz
I think the reason men do this is because it sometimes works

Really though? :s-smilie:
jointhedots
Really though? :s-smilie:

LOL! haha
apparently so... as i said earlier i work for a construction company and thats how this one guy met this "bird" theyve been seeing each other (on and off) for 5 years. when they met she was 21 and he was 41 and tbh he's not a stunner
... tbh i dont know how true this statement actually is! but if it is true i really wanna see what this girl looks like. not trying to sound like a bitch at all
Reply 39
Anonymous
Please please keep anon or delete.

The title is pretty much it really.
I'm 16, and have never had a boyfriend. I dress like any other girl my age (topshop) and don't wear slutty clothes or anything. I wouldn't say I looked older than my age, and I don't really think i'm pretty at all. Noone my one age ever asks me out, and I went to an all girls secondary school and don't really have any guy friends. However when I go out, to the shops, or to town or whatever, I always get either honked at/stared/whistled at by men in their 30's/40's/older. Or even one time it was by a boy about 10. They shout things out to me when i'm walking and it's quite uncomfortable sometimes. Once this man was parked in his car and he opened the door and tried to get me to come over and get in - he was even like patting his lap.
I find it weird old people do this, but noone my age ever asks me out even though I really want them to, but don't know what i'm doing wrong. :frown:
Does this happen to everyone?

Because, so far as such reprobates are concerned, your being (ostensibly) female and (presumably) fertile are the only relevant criteria.