Is this possible ? Watch

mdhey89
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Checkmate121)
Yes i could have done english, but i do not meet the entry requirements,as i have only obtained 3 a-c gcse but i did get a C in GCSE...
If you only achieved 3 Cs at GCSE, I really wouldn't recommend an A-level. I wouldn't recommend A-levels to people who had got 10 Cs.
Checkmate121
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by ElectricOceans)
Are you sure the same doesn't apply for maths? :confused:
it does, that is why i said im going to take a GCSE Higher maths, but now that you said it, a-level english is clearly more important for journalism.
Checkmate121
Rep:
?
(Original post by mdhey89)
If you only achieved 3 Cs at GCSE, I really wouldn't recommend an A-level. I wouldn't recommend A-levels to people who had got 10 Cs.
yes well for one, i only did 5 gcses....my story is very long...i have never been to english school, just french as i am french..
JointVenture
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
but you clearly could not have put any effort into what you want to do after your GCSE's. With 3 you are going to struggle. What BTEC are you doing? is that going to allow you to study journalism?
Checkmate121
Rep:
?
(Original post by JointVenture)
but you clearly could not have put any effort into what you want to do after your GCSE's. With 3 you are going to struggle. What BTEC are you doing? is that going to allow you to study journalism?
i am doing BTEC in Media...if i got a C in english, and want to do a-levels, but can't because of the other grades, how could i go about doing english then ?
JointVenture
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i am doing BTEC in Media...if i got a C in english, and want to do a-levels, but can't because of the other grades, how could i go about doing english then ?
Why did you get a c in GCSE is what you have to think about. Was it due to your intelligence, or a case of extenuating circumstances. Would you be able to achieve a good grade in A Level?
ElectricOceans
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
it does, that is why i said im going to take a GCSE Higher maths, but now that you said it, a-level english is clearly more important for journalism.
Oh your talking about GCSE higher maths? :confused:
I thought you meant an A level in maths?
Checkmate121
Rep:
?
(Original post by JointVenture)
Why did you get a c in GCSE is what you have to think about. Was it due to your intelligence, or a case of extenuating circumstances. Would you be able to achieve a good grade in A Level?
honestly, i think it was the coursework, and in general this year i was not working to the best of my ability, this year i really really need to get my head in gear......but the think is, i can't do a-levels english, as i have not got 5 a-cs...so will i be able to do them one day or should i just scrap them ?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (192)
27.83%
No (498)
72.17%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed