Turn on thread page Beta

Brighton watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazyhelicopter)
    Depends which train you get and where you're coming from. I seem to remember having to change at brighton and it was then 3 stops, there's a map here of the service http://www.southernrailway.com/network_map.php?m=east
    I think we're getting the train to Kings Cross then changing to the Victoria line and get the train to Brighton if that helps?

ReputationRep:
    Train from London Victoria to Brighton then Brighton to Falmer.

Not sure if you'll need to get two seperate tickets as you will be stopping in Brighton and it has barriers which may eat your ticket (e.g return to falmer and single falmer to brighton)

ReputationRep:
    Train from London Victoria to Brighton then Brighton to Falmer.

Not sure if you'll need to get two seperate tickets as you will be stopping in Brighton and it has barriers which may eat your ticket (e.g return to falmer and single falmer to brighton)
    Ok that's cool then
    Thank you very much for all your help!
    Rep for you Mr :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by juicyfruit)
    Ok that's cool then
    Thank you very much for all your help!
    Rep for you Mr :p:
    Thanks, but I'm not a Mr.

Oh and as a bit of advice, if you like Japanese food go to Oki-Naki (or similar name) in the Laines next to the theatre. Went there on Sat and it was amazing!

ReputationRep:
    Brighton Pier is obviously a must-see. "A bit" tacky or cheesy, but definitely it deserves a visit. :yep: .

Brighton pebble beach is nice, but be careful with the millions of seagulls!!! :eek:

Pavilion Gardens are awesome (especially in a sunny day).

Western Road and the Churchill Square are 2 shopping references in the centre. There you'll find basically High Street Shops (but, perhaps you've got some of them in your city). :rolleyes:

Oceana is a good club, pop in at night and have a drink there! :cool:

Have fun in Brighton! (I always try it when I'm there!!!):cool:

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, but I'm not a Mr.

Oh and as a bit of advice, if you like Japanese food go to Oki-Naki (or similar name) in the Laines next to the theatre. Went there on Sat and it was amazing!
    Sorry, I just call people that out of habit aha!

Wow, I've not had Japanese food before but would love to try it! Thanks! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GreeN SkateR)
    Brighton Pier is obviously a must-see. "A bit" tacky or cheesy, but definitely it deserves a visit. :yep: .

Brighton pebble beach is nice, but be careful with the millions of seagulls!!! :eek:

Pavilion Gardens are awesome (especially in a sunny day).

Western Road and the Churchill Square are 2 shopping references in the centre. There you'll find basically High Street Shops (but, perhaps you've got some of them in your city). :rolleyes:

Oceana is a good club, pop in at night and have a drink there! :cool:

Have fun in Brighton! (I always try it when I'm there!!!):cool:
    Yeah the pier is definately a must I think!

Thanks! Can't wait now!

ReputationRep:
    You'll have a ball! I LOVE Brighton! There's a REALLY good TKMax there too - the best I've ever come across in fact

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffy)
    You'll have a ball! I LOVE Brighton! There's a REALLY good TKMax there too - the best I've ever come across in fact

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffy)
    Grrr! I hate brighton TkMax! Tried on loads of shirts and apparently my boobs don't even fit in a size 22!!!!! And I tried on 5 pairs of size 12 trousers, from the same label, and every pair were either too big or too small! It's shocking! (and made me have more self-esteem issues) on the plus side though the next in Brighton is better than any of the 3 I went to on oxford street

ReputationRep:
    I got 3 pairs of '7 for all man kind' trousers (1 blue jeans, 1 black and a pair of brown cords) for £27 last time I went in there! Whoop!

ReputationRep:
    Grrr! I hate brighton TkMax! Tried on loads of shirts and apparently my boobs don't even fit in a size 22!!!!! And I tried on 5 pairs of size 12 trousers, from the same label, and every pair were either too big or too small! It's shocking! (and made me have more self-esteem issues) on the plus side though the next in Brighton is better than any of the 3 I went to on oxford street
    I got a Radley messenger bag and a Billy Bag today in TKMax of the Brighton Variety for the grand total of £63.99! :yep: :yep: :yep:
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    The TSR Office. Officially the best thing in Brighton.

ReputationRep:
    Im going there soon with my gf for our anniversary, can anyone recommend a hotel, place to eat (she likes Indian), romantic spots etc?

ReputationRep:
    anyone??

ReputationRep:
    Depends on your budget...

ReputationRep:
    hmm what if money's not too much of an issue (especially after loan payments and pay days hehe)

ReputationRep:
    Nice Indian in the Marina. Can't remember the name but its upstairs in the shop bit.

Don't really go for Indian in Brighton, sorry

ReputationRep:
    what about hotels or any romantic type places

ReputationRep:
    Hotels I don't know about, sorry I always stay at my house

Romantic places depends on what she's into. Personally I reckon it doesn't get much more romantic than a stroll along the beach at sunset or looking out over the marina. But if you tell us more about what she's into I can give more info

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.