3 sciences and maths Watch

Medicine Man
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by JoMo1)
Ok, so you want the most "some preference" points you can get, the more you have the more likely you are to get an offer, so do what they bloody say!
do they explicitly say "do a humanities subject!"
JoMo1
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Medicine Man)
but always 4 med school choices!
no, I think it was 6 normal, 5 med-school choices, any who, it's kind of irrelevant 4/4 is just as good as 5/5.
Medicine Man
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
yey - i suppose so!
Good bloke
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Medicine Man)
but always 4 med school choices!
Yes, you are right. My memory is getting worse.
LegendKiller377
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
hey guys im doing biology chemistry maths and english literature for AS and i was wondering if i should change maths or english to physics plus i will be taking critical thinking hopefully to help prepare for bmat exams
theiloth
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by DaveJ)
That seems logical, but by other people's posts, this is not what Universities think.
I wouldn't call most of the people commenting on this thread authorities on medical admissions and considering the majority of medics seem to do Bio/chem/phys or maths at A-level it is unlikely that such a combination will hinder you. Just do what you like and get the A's. Responses suggesting otherwise are ****ing me off.
Medicine Man
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by theiloth)
I wouldn't call most of the people commenting on this thread authorities on medical admissions and considering the majority of medics seem to do Bio/chem/phys or maths at A-level it is unlikely that such a combination will hinder you. Just do what you like and get the A's. Responses suggesting otherwise are ****ing me off.
:ditto:
what do these people know about the way admission tutors think when they see your application form?
OP - Do what you want to do and ace the exams I say. (just make sure bio, chem and/or either phy/maths are there!
Isometrix
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by LegendKiller377)
hey guys im doing biology chemistry maths and english literature for AS and i was wondering if i should change maths or english to physics plus i will be taking critical thinking hopefully to help prepare for bmat exams
your original choice was fine. 3 sciences + eng lit will allow you to apply for any university/college. having chemistry and biology is good enough for most places, decide yourself on the other two.
username43584
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I think what subjects you do for A level (provided they satisfy requirements like the one Manchester had when I applied about each subject being 60% theory at least) is a pretty unimportant part of your application. You're certainly not going to get rejected for it.

And it was 4 med + 2 non-med previous to 2007-08 for whoever said differently.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (115)
45.63%
Pro-humanity (137)
54.37%