People still believe the Earth is flat Watch

arson
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
3rd sentence: "Are they really out there or is it all an elaborate prank?."

I think that sums up the situation quite well.
quadruple_twist
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Mithra)
Which must be utter rubbish, maybe none of the educated people who could actually WRITE thought it was flat but I'm fairly certain most of the peasents would have been absolutely certain of it.
I'll believe Mr Fry over you, if you don't mind.
Mithra
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Oh I never said Mr Fry was wrong, just that it was only the educated people who knew the world was round. As one of the other panelists said I don't think the peasants would have even ever thought of it but if you were to go up to one and tell them the world was a sphere they would probably have laughed at you rather than agreeing.
Jason2k6101
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
These people have obviously never seen a globe before...
xxstace123xx
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It isn't :eek:

errm :getmecoat:
Simplicity
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
As a A-Level Geog student i can safely say 'tis a sphere
As a failure you can safely say its a sphere.

As a A-Level mathematician you can say it a oblate spheroid. Its not a sphere. Seriously, its not.

A level Geography:rolleyes:
Dr. Unk
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Has anyone here tried debating "Flat Earthers"?

It seems like a good idea at first, but after a while it's feels like you're arguing with a deck chair.
It just contains trolls, people who want to be non-conformist and genuine idiots.
student_s
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
They need to check Google Earth!
Psyk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Mithra)
Oh I never said Mr Fry was wrong, just that it was only the educated people who knew the world was round. As one of the other panelists said I don't think the peasants would have even ever thought of it but if you were to go up to one and tell them the world was a sphere they would probably have laughed at you rather than agreeing.
I still don't see why they would think it's a ridiculous idea. If they've never really thought about it before, why would it seem more ridiculous for the world to be a sphere rather than being a flat disc? Why would believing it's flat be a default position?
Transatlanticdrawl_
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Interesting article. Did you know 99% of flat-earthers are also fundamentalists?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (866)
80.11%
Leave (215)
19.89%

Watched Threads