Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emerald)
    Nope, nope and certainly not. :^_^:

Thanks for the help:yep:
    Well, really wish I could help, but I can't think of anything else to ask, which might be a good think

Ask your GP. I promise, there is nothing to be ashamed of. YOU"RE NOT EATING...no one can take that as a joke

AH

ReputationRep:
    omg i had this exact same problem for about two weeks. I get forgetting to eat meals and just wasn't hungry.

hope you feel better soon OP :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lithium)
    Well, really wish I could help, but I can't think of anything else to ask, which might be a good think

Ask your GP. I promise, there is nothing to be ashamed of. YOU"RE NOT EATING...no one can take that as a joke

AH
    You did try so thanks alot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emerald)
    You did try so thanks alot.
    Anytime

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speedbird2008)
    Perhaps there is a medical, as supposed to a psychological, issue?
    my thought actually. depression can be caused by chemical imbalances....and isn't necessarily about my boyfriend broke up with me etc. etc.

not eating seems like it could be caused by something similar....i mean, it IS a malaise of food (at least what the OP seems to be describing)...maybe it's a similar sort of thing.

*shrug*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curryADD)
    my thought actually. depression can be caused by chemical imbalances....and isn't necessarily about my boyfriend broke up with me etc. etc.

not eating seems like it could be caused by something similar....i mean, it IS a malaise of food (at least what the OP seems to be describing)...maybe it's a similar sort of thing.

*shrug*
    you have a good point

But the OP said that they weren't feeling anxious, stressed, worried, down, upset, or really any of the words/feeling that are usually associated with depression. Doesn't mean it can't be psychological though. Depression isn't the only psychological condition that can affect our health.

ReputationRep:
    you have a good point

But the OP said that they weren't feeling anxious, stressed, worried, down, upset, or really any of the words/feeling that are usually associated with depression. Doesn't mean it can't be psychological though. Depression isn't the only psychological condition that can affect our health.
    exactly my point. and while she may say that she's not feeling anxious etc. losing one's appetite is a rather huge symptom of something. everyone experiences chemical imbalances in different ways, which is why diagnosticians are trained to recognize non-textbook reactions to things aswell as textbook symptom cases. i wasn't trying to say that it WAS depression....but clinical depression can cause a variety of symptoms, and not all of them have to do with feeling sad.

i have NO idea what may have caused this, but i would have to think that it isn't natural at all to lose a love for food. endorphins are released to congratulate us when we eat! why has she lost that reaction? definitely worth worrying about.

ReputationRep:
    exactly my point. and while she may say that she's not feeling anxious etc. losing one's appetite is a rather huge symptom of something. everyone experiences chemical imbalances in different ways, which is why diagnosticians are trained to recognize non-textbook reactions to things aswell as textbook symptom cases. i wasn't trying to say that it WAS depression....but clinical depression can cause a variety of symptoms, and not all of them have to do with feeling sad.

i have NO idea what may have caused this, but i would have to think that it isn't natural at all to lose a love for food. endorphins are released to congratulate us when we eat! why has she lost that reaction? definitely worth worrying about.
    Then we agree my friend. Going to the GP is the only option the OP has. We've asked the basic screen questions, all -ve. What's next? Nothing for us :p: It's up to the GP

ReputationRep:
    Then we agree my friend. Going to the GP is the only option the OP has. We've asked the basic screen questions, all -ve. What's next? Nothing for us :p: It's up to the GP
    i know, it's so disappointing!!! i dream of the day when i graduate and become the real life house. :p:

(no really, i actually do.)

ReputationRep:
    i know, it's so disappointing!!! i dream of the day when i graduate and become the real life house. :p:

(no really, i actually do.)
    you're a medic? and want to be a house as well :ninja: but house never goes for psychological :p:

ReputationRep:
    you're a medic? and want to be a house as well :ninja: but house never goes for psychological :p:
    well, depression isn't only psychological, it's chemical aswell! and besides, house had to start SOMEWHERE! :p:

and indeed....a medical student. and currently avoiding class as we speak. :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    There are hundreds of things this could be. It would be a lot quicker for you to ask your GP.

I lost my appetite, but with it I lost loads and loads of weight & drank a lot of fluids.

Turned out I was diabetic, but as you're gaining weight you won't have it, but it illustrates the point that there are many things it could be.

ReputationRep:
    well, depression isn't only psychological, it's chemical aswell! and besides, house had to start SOMEWHERE! :p:

and indeed....a medical student. and currently avoiding class as we speak. :ninja:
    House MD was always more fun than Pathology anyways :yep:

ReputationRep:
    House MD was always more fun than Pathology anyways :yep:
    :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    :hugs:
    where are you doing your medical degree? US or UK?

ReputationRep:
    US, definitely. i idly toyed with the idea of doing it in the UK, and then remembered your winters :p:

i may end up finishing in canada, because i might be moving to montreal next year (talk about winter ) but i am, in general, on the medical plan. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    You'd make a pretty good doctor you know :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaz_jaz)
    You'd make a pretty good doctor you know :yep:
    Seeing that I'm doing my MD in the US atm, I sure hope so :p:

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    US, definitely. i idly toyed with the idea of doing it in the UK, and then remembered your winters :p:

i may end up finishing in canada, because i might be moving to montreal next year (talk about winter ) but i am, in general, on the medical plan. :yep:
    which Uni are you doing your MD in? And you're only 19, aren't you young to be doing your MD in the US, you need your BSc first....

ReputationRep:
    which Uni are you doing your MD in? And you're only 19, aren't you young to be doing your MD in the US, you need your BSc first....
    yes. the university where i'm currently at accepted me into their six year program, where i get both my M.D and a BSc.

i think it's fair currently to say i'm doing medicine, as i'm already taking classes like medical ethics, and have to follow rounds for a total of four hours a week for my "service learning".

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.