Arka
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
click:
On the Jew and their Lies,1543-Martin Luther

Selected quotes:

Therefore a Christian should be content and not argue with the Jews. But if you have to or want to talk with them, do not say any more than this:
"Listen, Jew, are you aware that Jerusalem and your sovereignty, together with your temple and priesthood, have been destroyed for over 1,460 years?"
.......For such ruthless wrath of God is sufficient evidence that they assuredly have erred and gone astray. Even a child can comprehend this. For one dare not regard God as so cruel that he would punish his own people so long, so terribly, so unmercifully, and in addition keep silent, comforting them neither with words nor with deeds, and fixing no time limit and no end to it. Who would have faith, hope, or love toward such a God? Therefore this work of wrath is proof that the Jews, surely rejected by God, are no longer his people, and neither is he any longer their God.

-

Then they also call Jesus a whore's son, saying that his mother Mary was a whore, who conceived him in adultery with a blacksmith.

-

What shall we Christians do with this rejected and condemned people, the Jews? ........

First, to set fire to their synagogues or schools and to bury and cover with dirt whatever will not burn, so that no man will ever again see a stone or cinder of them.....

Second, I advise that their houses also be razed and destroyed. For they pursue in them the same aims as in their synagogues. Instead they might be lodged under a roof or in a barn, like the gypsies. This will bring home to them the fact that they are not masters in our country, as they boast, but that they are living in exile and in captivity, as they incessantly wail and lament about us before God....

Third, I advise that all their prayer books and Talmudic writings, in which such idolatry, lies, cursing, and blasphemy are taught, be taken from them....

Fourth, I advise that their rabbis be forbidden to teach henceforth on pain of loss of life and limb.....

Fifth, I advise that safe-conduct on the highways be abolished completely for the Jews. For they have no business in the countryside, since they are not lords, officials, tradesmen, or the like. Let them stay at home....

Sixth, I advise that usury be prohibited to them, and that all cash and treasure of silver and gold be taken from them and put aside for safekeeping. The reason for such a measure is that, as said above, they have no other means of earning a livelihood than usury, and by it they have stolen and robbed from us an they possess....

Seventh, I recommend putting a flail, an ax, a hoe, a spade, a distaff, or a spindle into the hands of young, strong Jews and Jewesses and letting them earn their bread in the sweat of their brow, as was imposed on the children of Adam (Gen. 3 [:19]). For it is not fitting that they should let us accursed Goyim toil in the sweat of our faces while they, the holy people, idle away their time behind the stove, feasting and farting., and on top of all, boasting blasphemously of their lordship over the Christians by means of our sweat. No, one should toss out these lazy rogues by the seat of their pants.

-

In brief, dear princes and lords, those of you who have Jews under your rule: if my counsel does not please you, find better advice, so that you and we all can be rid of the unbearable, devilish burden of the Jews.....
But if the authorities are reluctant to use force and restrain the Jews' devilish wantonness, the latter should, as we said, be expelled from the country and be told to return to their land and their possessions in Jerusalem, where they may lie, curse, blaspheme, defame, murder, steal, rob, practice usury, mock, and indulge in all those infamous abominations which they practice among us, and leave us our government, our country, our life, and our property, much more leave our Lord the Messiah, our faith, and our church undefiled and uncontaminated with their devilish tyranny and malice. Any privileges that they may plead shall not help them; for no one can grant privileges for practicing such abominations. These cancel and abrogate all privileges.

To me, it reads like a blueprint for the Final Solution
Speedbird2008
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I hate Jews. :fuhrer:
Transatlanticdrawl_
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Largely because of what people have already said, about being successful with business etc. But also because throughout history there have been only too many morons that hate jews because they "killed Jesus". I'm sure he can defend himself, being son of god and all, folks.
Soylent Green
Report 10 years ago
Well Christians dislike them for the fact that they killed jesus and muslims dislike them for the fact that they took their land. Put both together and you have about 80% (at most) of the earths population hating them. Not to mention that they have a reputation as being conniving, thrifty yet successful.
Pocket Calculator
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by UniOfLife)
I think this is a more modern phenomenon tbh. I really don't think that the average Christian or even the priests in the Middle Ages would have been able to translate the spoken Aramaic of this prayer. Besides, it is said only once a year on the most holy day of the year when it is somewhat unlikely that any non-Jews are present, and the prayer lasts a matter of minutes.
good old wikipedia says "As early as 1240 in the Disputation of Paris, Yechiel of Paris was obliged to defend Kol Nidrei against these charges". so it was definitely known about in middle-age christendom. assuming wikipedia is actually reliable, of course.
Folderol
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Soylent Green)
Well Christians dislike them for the fact that they killed jesus and muslims dislike them for the fact that they took their land. Put both together and you have about 80% (at most) of the earths population hating them. Not to mention that they have a reputation as being conniving, thrifty yet successful.
Some Muslims also don't like Jews because they rejected Jesus (as a messenger/prophet).
UniOfLife
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Pocket Calculator)
good old wikipedia says "As early as 1240 in the Disputation of Paris, Yechiel of Paris was obliged to defend Kol Nidrei against these charges". so it was definitely known about in middle-age christendom. assuming wikipedia is actually reliable, of course.
Huh, all I can say is that it wasn't mentioned in any of the books I've read on the subject.
Soylent Green
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Folderol)
Some Muslims also don't like Jews because they rejected Jesus (as a messenger/prophet).
Thanks for the additional info.
Folderol
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Soylent Green)
Thanks for the additional info.
:awesome:
loyal
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Peace.

Some people are saying Muslims hate the Jews. This mostly isn't true. Historically, Muslims got on pretty well most of the time with the Jews. It's only the recent Palestine/Israel conflict (something caused by promising the same bit of land to two groups).
Muslims don't hate the Jews because they rejected Jesus or any other prophet.
You could only say that some Muslims hate the Jews because they "stole" land.

Muslims saved some Jews from the Nazis: Link
Davidosh
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Basically it's because they charged interest but it really doesn't help that the holy land for Jews behaves like a spoilt little brat in the middle east because it's backed up by the US
Titch89
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by vergerefosh)
Killing Jesus

Also, because Christians couldn't lend people money (usury or something like that), the Jews served as moneylenders, and would charge interest etc, and from that got quite rich.
There are 613 [Jewish] comandments. One of which is that they can't charge interest, nor can they be charged interest.
u_dun_noe
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Jews are the secret leaders of the world!!!!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (907)
79.98%
Leave (227)
20.02%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed