Nearby Peadophile Making Me Paranoid Watch

cheese_fondue
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Reue)
What total rubbish. A huge majority of child sex abuse is commited by family members. This whole 'watch out for Pedos!' thing is media hyped up paranoia.
i agree with you. i wasn't saying the majority weren't family members. that doesn't mean that it's not useful to know if someone's a paedo or not.
fisherman
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by .pushing.charlotte.)
Sorry if this is in the wrong section.

I'm pretty frazzled right now so, sorry if this doesn't really make much sense.

When i was 11 i was the victim of sexual assualt and attempted rape.
I have been plauged with images of what the guy looks like and what happened since that day, and the talk of peadophiles and the like makes me feel like i can't breathe.

Today our village was informed that a 'famous' convicted peadophile had moved in.
Bare in my mind my village is very small and everyone knows everyone.
And their are alot of children.

Now i'm ****ing terrified, not for myself, but for the children who could end up getting harmed by this sick *******.

Near his house is a large 'field' nicknamed 'Sea Field, in which there are many large bushes/deer etc. and LOADS of local children (pre-teen and younger) hang out there, how can i ever feel safe when my little sister or her friends announce they are going to 'sea field' when he could be out and about.

I frequent this 'Sea Field' myself quite regularly for my photography, but the thought of this ******* makes me not want to leave my house.

I haven't stopped crying in hours and i keep having panic attacks.
I know i have mighty big issues and i should get them sorted out, but i'm effed up. What horrified me even more is i googled the guy and he could be the brother of my attacker.

They look so alike.

Now i'm so scared that someone's children is going to go through what i went through, almost to the extent that i wish someone would put a gun to this guys head and blow his brains out.

I know if i see him i am going to go crazy. Either have a massive panic attack and start screaming or i'm going to attack this guy and try to kill him with my bare hands.

I want to set up freaking camp outside his house and follow him everywhere to make sure he doesn't hurt children. Just because i've been self harming since i was 11 because of this and tried to kill myself when i was 14.

I'm a very weak person and stuff like this affects me greatly.

I honestly don't know why i've typed all this out- i think it's just to get it off my chest.

I shall blame temporary insanity.

Can any other victims please assure me they would have the same worries?

(and please- no one mention the self harm/attempted suicide, the 'self harm' isn't self harm anymore, it is just a nervous habit thus nothing to worry about)
I hate people like you. I do not use the term lightly.

He's been convicted, served his time, and has been released, but thanks to people like you, he will be unable to lead a normal life, will be heavily isolated etc.

He has been rehabilitated from jail, they do not release peadophiles who are still thought to be dangerous. The police will be keeping an eye on him. He will not be allowed to work with children etc. And the fact you admit you would "almost" like him dead and you want to follow him around removes any sympathy I had for you.

Edit: This post has been the one I have got most rep for. So far, it's about 20 negs and neutral negs and 5 pos reps. Interesting to see some people apart from
Reue
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by cheese_fondue)
i agree with you. i wasn't saying the majority weren't family members. that doesn't mean that it's not useful to know if someone's a paedo or not.
Sorry, but I have faith in the justice system. Once someone has been released they deserve to be able to live their life in peace, without the fear of vigilante revenge.
Speedbird2008
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
yes.

the only good thing about him being 'famous' is that more people will be likely to recognise him.
No way?!

I would ring up the Sun or Mail etc, and sell the story. They may not know where he is. Then again, they're probably not allowed to say if you do tell them.

Proceeds then go to the village/ kids charity.
Speedbird2008
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by fisherman)

He's been convicted, served his time, and has been released, but thanks to people like you, he will be unable to lead a normal life, will be heavily isolated etc.

He has been rehabilitated from jail, they do not release peadophiles who are still thought to be dangerous. The police will be keeping an eye on him. He will not be allowed to work with children etc. And the fact you admit you would "almost" like him dead and you want to follow him around removes any sympathy I had for you.
STFU you absolute ******.

The OP was ABUSED as a kid. How the **** do you think this makes HER feel? A paedophile living in HER village, posing a threat to HER community?

Once you're a paedophile, you're always a paedophile you ****ing insensitive knob.

I hope you get -ve repped and flamed by other users.
.pushing.charlotte.
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago

wow, i'm sorry. next time i'm pulled into a car and brutally attacked i'll tell my mind 'ah, it's okay, the poor love is probably just mentally disturbed, in a few years times when hes been through jail i'll invite him over for sunday dinner.'

i want to follow him to make sure he doesn't touch a child (but of course i wouldn't. it's just my paranoia/over protective nature playing tricks)
if someone had been following the guy who attacked me maybe i wouldn't be in this situation.

and i'm sorry, but i'm presuming you've never been sexually assualted and i can tell you, anybody who attacks an 11 year old never deserves to be released from prison.
DisgruntledMoth
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Fisherman said it all, really.

Glad there are people willing to be brutallly honest. (Pos. rep next time it's available to me.)
Somebody
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

Bit harsh - specially considering the 2 people from the village said it's Paul Gadd aka Gary Glitter, who would never be able to lead a "normal" life anyways after all the recent publicity...
Reue
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Speedbird2008)
STFU you absolute ******.

The OP was ABUSED as a kid. How the **** do you think this makes HER feel? A paedophile living in HER village, posing a threat to HER community?

Once you're a paedophile, you're always a paedophile you ****ing insensitive knob.

I hope you get -ve repped and flamed by other users.
He got a +rep from me for having the guts to stand up against the many ignorant people on here.

Yes, she was abused as a kid, yes she may have hurtful feelings, but wishing that kind of treatment to another human being is unjustified.

He has served his time, the police do not believe him to be a threat. Why can you not accept that.

As for your "once a peado always a paedo" nonsense, I suggest you lookup the work 'rehabilitation'.
Jamin
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

I find it ridiculous that you assume everyone who gets out of jail to be rehabilitated.

When someone is sentenced its not a case of " go to jail till we say you can come out" its more like "Right your going for a maximum of 5 years but if you're good you can get out early".
vaanish
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

You, my freind, are either a first class idiot or a first class troll.
Jordan1990
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
wow, i'm sorry. next time i'm pulled into a car and brutally attacked i'll tell my mind 'ah, it's okay, the poor love is probably just mentally disturbed, in a few years times when hes been through jail i'll invite him over for sunday dinner.'

i want to follow him to make sure he doesn't touch a child (but of course i wouldn't. it's just my paranoia/over protective nature playing tricks)
if someone had been following the guy who attacked me maybe i wouldn't be in this situation.

and i'm sorry, but i'm presuming you've never been sexually assualted and i can tell you, anybody who attacks an 11 year old never deserves to be released from prison.
Wow I really do feel for you
I've read everyones replys and everyones completely right, not him or anyone else would dare touch you or anybody else. Especially him, now he is back in britain he honestly wouldnt dare, there are honestly cameras on him all the time.

Try not to worry, he wouldnt try anything. Push him to the back of your mind, hes scum and isnt worth thinking about (although of course I understand why you are worried!)
Also I think you should see a doctor for your anxiety, and you may also benefit from speaking to someone neautral such as a therapist.

Best of luck! x
Sam o0o
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

Shut up.

OP, police will be keeping this guy on a seriously tight leash...he won't even be able to step outside his home without them knowing, and probably watching him. If it really is Glitter, then that's definitely the case, and if he so much as goes near someone he shouldn't, they'll be straight up to deal with it.

Sorry to hear about all that stuff btw
lidskoo
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Gary glitter eh?
put pictures of him EVERYWHERE and tell all little kdis to beware to the peado.
ocelotrevs
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Organize a mob, and smash him up.
Scare him away.
.pushing.charlotte.
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
all i can say is this; no i don't believe in vigilante justice, peaceful protest? yes.

and of course i wouldn't kill him/wish him dead.
as i said before it's just what the small terrified 11 year old inside of me wants to happen.

if i was to face him with a gun in my hand i'd be more likely to shoot my own foot than to shoot him.

and anyone judging me for how i feel about this should really take into consideration the fact that i have past issues and so it's not just 'run-of-the-mill' 'ZOMG!!11!! KILL DA BAD GUY!'
Jordan1990
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

How in hell does he deserve to be allowed to lead a normal life? Those children he abused will never get their childhood back, no amount of therapy, money, revenge will get them that time back.
Imagine if it was your children who had been abused, then see how you would feel, you would feel immense hatred and want them to throw him away and for the guard to swallow the key.

Bah!
I hate idiots like you!
DisgruntledMoth
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Jamin)
I find it ridiculous that you assume everyone who gets out of jail to be rehabilitated.

When someone is sentenced its not a case of " go to jail till we say you can come out" its more like "Right your going for a maximum of 5 years but if you're good you can get out early".
But on the flip-side, there are cases such as the 19-year-old who was forced to sign the sex offenders register after having sex with his underage girlfriend. He was shot dead by a vigilante of the "once a pedophile, always a pedophile" mindstate.
Kolya
Badges: 14
Report 10 years ago
I know if i see him i am going to go crazy. Either have a massive panic attack and start screaming or i'm going to attack this guy and try to kill him with my bare hands.
I think it would be best if you seek professional help regarding the lasting effects of your earlier ordeal.
k823127
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...Hampshire.html

He's gone.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1618)
79.2%
Leave (425)
20.8%

Watched Threads