Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chidona)
    Mushrooms/fungi.
    Shudder.
    I used to have that fear It was horrible!

Over the past 2 years I've only just started to get over a fear I've had since I was about 7, emetophobia. It was when I decided I wanted to go to medical school I knew I had to get over it. My heart used to start to beat really fast if anyone even said they felt sick and I would literally run out of the room. Now I have to clean up sick at the care home I volunteer at.

I've been told that my fear of air raid sirens is bizarre but I think it makes perfect sense to hate something that's telling you you're about to get blown up.

:puppyeyes:

ReputationRep:
    slugs : (

ReputationRep:
    I'm not too keen on escalators. When I was younger my brother told me that you can get sucked into the gaps and I had nightmares about it.

ReputationRep:
    I've got a few wierd ones, which I can't really explain. One of them being barnacles and another empty swimming pools [I mean empty with no water not empty with no people]. They both freak the bejeesus out of me! Mould does too, can't stand the stuff and it really really freaks me out if I see it.x

ReputationRep:
    The first thing that came to mind was necrophilia.. Now that's freaky. :rofl:

Yes, I realise it's not a phobia.

ReputationRep:
    I know someone who is afraid of radishes. But then again she's quite weird anyway.

ReputationRep:
    esculators going down. Can't get on em.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sam_2005)
    esculators going down. Can't get on em.
    :ditto: I thought I was the only one!

I used to be really scared of escalators, to the extent where I would not go on them unless there was someone with me and then I still didn't like it! I'm better now it's just when I get to the bottom/top and have to step on and off that I'm still scared.

I know why I'm scared of them, I once saw a little boy get stuck in the bit where you come off when I was about 3 and have been petrified ever since!

I'm also scared of those white drama masks (the ones with just the eyes and a shut mouth) I haven't got a clue why but I really don't like them they creep me out! I had to be surrounded by them in my drama class once and I felt physically sick!

Oh and those creepy ventriloquist dolls, I really want to watch the film Dead Silence but my fear of creepy ventriloquist dolls is stopping me, I tried to watch the trailer on the net and just couldn't bear it!

But saying that despite my fear of those white mask I can watch the trailer for The Strangers and want to see that and the creepy masks they wear isn't putting me off!

ReputationRep:
    I'm scared of sick which is awful if I feel sick, cause I just get scared, which makes me feel worse...

ReputationRep:
    I have this massive phobia of getting a paper cut in the eye.

ReputationRep:
    Whenever I eat meat, I have to disect it and examine it before I eat it because the thought of a bit of grizzle or fat in my mouth makes me feel sick and sweat profously...:puke: :puke:

ReputationRep:
    wasps and bees but it is overly wierd and irrational, I hardley even leave the house in the summer because of it.

I also have a phobia of going bald.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vulpix)
    :eek: Me too! I accidentally managed to do this to my friend once (had a piece of paper in my hand and was waving it around a bit) and it went in her eye... THANK GOD she was wearing contacts but the thought of it... ewww...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Audrey Hepburn)
    Birds. They're evil
    snap except not all birds...just parrots think its the eyes :no:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bella_trixxx)
    :eek: Me too! I accidentally managed to do this to my friend once (had a piece of paper in my hand and was waving it around a bit) and it went in her eye... THANK GOD she was wearing contacts but the thought of it... ewww...
    I feel sick.

I'm glad someone else is afraid of that too, everyone else just thinks I'm weird

ReputationRep:
    some of you guys are so cruel
    stickers and orangey bits may not be anything worth throwing a fit over to you but that's because you don't have a phobia of them...

shame on you!

geraniums - any colour other than red and i will be very wary and nervous around them, and feel like running away.
    red geraniums - like normal geraniums but much worse. I actually do run away from them, and i get close to tears.
    no idea where it came from but i know the smell is the worst bit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by death.drop)
    some of you guys are so cruel
    stickers and orangey bits may not be anything worth throwing a fit over to you but that's because you don't have a phobia of them...

shame on you!

geraniums - any colour other than red and i will be very wary and nervous around them, and feel like running away.
    red geraniums - like normal geraniums but much worse. I actually do run away from them, and i get close to tears.
    no idea where it came from but i know the smell is the worst bit.

The smell of geraniums is disgusting...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vulpix)
    Thanks a lot. Now I'm gonna feel very anxious whenever my eyes are open.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr. Unk)
    Thanks a lot. Now I'm gonna feel very anxious whenever my eyes are open.
    It's okay, just wear glasses :yep:

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.