The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
chidona
Mushrooms/fungi.
Shudder.

I used to have that fear :s-smilie: It was horrible!

Over the past 2 years I've only just started to get over a fear I've had since I was about 7, emetophobia. It was when I decided I wanted to go to medical school I knew I had to get over it. My heart used to start to beat really fast if anyone even said they felt sick and I would literally run out of the room. Now I have to clean up sick at the care home I volunteer at.
Reply 21
I've been told that my fear of air raid sirens is bizarre but I think it makes perfect sense to hate something that's telling you you're about to get blown up.

:puppyeyes:
Reply 22
slugs : (
Reply 23
I'm not too keen on escalators. When I was younger my brother told me that you can get sucked into the gaps and I had nightmares about it.
Reply 24
I've got a few wierd ones, which I can't really explain. One of them being barnacles and another empty swimming pools [I mean empty with no water not empty with no people]. They both freak the bejeesus out of me! Mould does too, can't stand the stuff and it really really freaks me out if I see it.x
Reply 25
The first thing that came to mind was necrophilia.. Now that's freaky. :rofl:

Yes, I realise it's not a phobia.
I know someone who is afraid of radishes. But then again she's quite weird anyway.
Reply 27
esculators going down. Can't get on em.
Sam_2005
esculators going down. Can't get on em.

:ditto: I thought I was the only one!

I used to be really scared of escalators, to the extent where I would not go on them unless there was someone with me and then I still didn't like it! I'm better now it's just when I get to the bottom/top and have to step on and off that I'm still scared.

I know why I'm scared of them, I once saw a little boy get stuck in the bit where you come off when I was about 3 and have been petrified ever since!

I'm also scared of those white drama masks (the ones with just the eyes and a shut mouth) I haven't got a clue why but I really don't like them they creep me out! I had to be surrounded by them in my drama class once and I felt physically sick!

Oh and those creepy ventriloquist dolls, I really want to watch the film Dead Silence but my fear of creepy ventriloquist dolls is stopping me, I tried to watch the trailer on the net and just couldn't bear it!

But saying that despite my fear of those white mask I can watch the trailer for The Strangers and want to see that and the creepy masks they wear isn't putting me off! :s-smilie:
I'm scared of sick :frown: which is awful if I feel sick, cause I just get scared, which makes me feel worse... :frown:
Reply 30
I have this massive phobia of getting a paper cut in the eye.
Reply 31
Whenever I eat meat, I have to disect it and examine it before I eat it because the thought of a bit of grizzle or fat in my mouth makes me feel sick and sweat profously...:puke: :puke:
wasps and bees but it is overly wierd and irrational, I hardley even leave the house in the summer because of it.

I also have a phobia of going bald.
Vulpix

:eek: Me too! I accidentally managed to do this to my friend once (had a piece of paper in my hand and was waving it around a bit) and it went in her eye... THANK GOD she was wearing contacts but the thought of it... ewww...
Reply 34
Audrey Hepburn
Birds. They're evil :frown:

snap :smile: except not all birds...just parrots :frown: think its the eyes :no:
Reply 35
Bella_trixxx
:eek: Me too! I accidentally managed to do this to my friend once (had a piece of paper in my hand and was waving it around a bit) and it went in her eye... THANK GOD she was wearing contacts but the thought of it... ewww...

I feel sick.

I'm glad someone else is afraid of that too, everyone else just thinks I'm weird
some of you guys are so cruel :frown:
stickers and orangey bits may not be anything worth throwing a fit over to you but that's because you don't have a phobia of them...

shame on you!

geraniums - any colour other than red and i will be very wary and nervous around them, and feel like running away.
red geraniums - like normal geraniums but much worse. I actually do run away from them, and i get close to tears.
no idea where it came from but i know the smell is the worst bit.
Reply 37
death.drop
some of you guys are so cruel :frown:
stickers and orangey bits may not be anything worth throwing a fit over to you but that's because you don't have a phobia of them...

shame on you!

geraniums - any colour other than red and i will be very wary and nervous around them, and feel like running away.
red geraniums - like normal geraniums but much worse. I actually do run away from them, and i get close to tears.
no idea where it came from but i know the smell is the worst bit.

The smell of geraniums is disgusting...
Reply 38
Vulpix

Thanks a lot. Now I'm gonna feel very anxious whenever my eyes are open.
Dr. Unk
Thanks a lot. Now I'm gonna feel very anxious whenever my eyes are open.

It's okay, just wear glasses :yep:

Latest

Trending

Trending