Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I thought this is the point of uni?

You'll have a better time not knowing anyone before you go, as then you get two groups of friends and have just about the right amount of time with both to make life constantly amazing for a few yeas!

ReputationRep:
    I don't know anyone going to my university.

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry. We are all in the same situation. Make an impression and some new friends.

ReputationRep:
    I'm glad I'm going to a uni with no one I know. Glad, I tell you, glad. Glad as pants, I am. Really, really glad. God, I'm glad. I'm so glad not because I don't like them, but glad because it gives me some freedom. I'm glad that I'll see them in holidays though, and glad we're close enough to see each other occasionally during term time. Glad, glad, glad.

I'm really ****ing glad.

ReputationRep:
    You're what? Didn't quite catch it...

ReputationRep:
    I didn't know anyone who goes to mine from 6th form or home friends, I knew my current Bf went there he was a first year before we were going out and we started going out few months before I started.
    It's very easy to make friends though.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I think my nearest friend is about 265 miles away from where I'm going to uni...

Making loads of new friends is one of the best bits of uni though. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    I have one friend who goes to my uni and I know her group cos they all went to my sixth form. I want to make friends in my year though because next year, she'll be going on her year abroad and then I'd be left alone if I was just friends with them lol.

ReputationRep:
    i knew 0 people
    i now know lots

ReputationRep:
    I am not going to know anyone there, but I will try my best to approach other people and look approachable.

ReputationRep:
    I know one person, but we don't like each other lol, so I will have no friends either.

You will probably make more friends if you go on your own because you are kind of forced to, rather than keeping yourselves to yourselves.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.