Big Brother Bullying Watch

Poll: Do you reckon that if Sara was black, Channel 4 would have opted to remove Darnell?
Yes (11)
42.31%
No (12)
46.15%
There ain't no bullyin'! (3)
11.54%
Sanyore
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
He's got most of the physiological characteristics of a black person, except the pigment.
LaurenFah
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by bighairedmike)
but he doesnt have a skin pigment so it is all theoretical isn't it. he is white coming from a black family. You can not say he is black. You can in fact say he is a complete ****. Look at him again going on about random **** and bein wrong.

Surely white would assume he has skin pigment too, though? He's neither black nor white in color, but he is "black". Just like a white person with a tan is still white.

Anyway, I don't like him as a housemate either.
jaz_jaz
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
That had nothing to do with race.
Darnell is just a pig.
bighairedmike
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by LaurenFah)
Surely white would assume he has skin pigment too, though? He's neither black nor white in color, but he is "black". Just like a white person with a tan is still white.

Anyway, I don't like him as a housemate either.
he is white though isn't he. theres no getting away from that. he is more white than most white people as well though.
FireDeuce
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by 02mik_e)
Oh I see. I think he was just a bit angry with the way she treated him, but he did act in the wrong and i think his chances of winning may have gone...
I don't know, he wasn't favourite to win anyway, Rachel is. A lot of people identified with his explanation of his frustrations later on. Also they made up today.
Schroedinger's Pandora
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
For crying out loud guys. Darnell isn't "white" per se, he isn't caucasian! He's afro-Caribbean! He's albino!!
02mik_e
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by FireDeuce)
I don't know, he wasn't favourite to win anyway, Rachel is. A lot of people identified with his explanation of his frustrations later on. Also they made up today.
Rachel to win? :confused: She is another fake one, no way for her to win. I think it's going to be really open this year
FireDeuce
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by 02mik_e)
Rachel to win? :confused: She is another fake one, no way for her to win. I think it's going to be really open this year
I didn't make it so.
And yes. Goodness knows why. Boooring.
I do still want Darnell to win :yep:
Sanyore
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Saying it's "going to be really open this year" is just a euphemism for "The characters this year sucked.". I think Rex should win because he's given a lot of entertainment without stepping too much into downright unfunniness. If people win Big Brother just because they're "nice people" which is, essentially, all Kat and Rachel are, well then might as well wave a jubilant goodbye.
sleekchic
Report 10 years ago
i hope Rex doesn't win I can't stand him but i'm hapy Sarah won that money
Defined1-20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Darnell is black - he has genes from black people, he is albino, no matter what your racial background is if you are albino then you have white, pale skin.

If Darnell had kids they would have a higher chance of having normal dark skin instead of being albino
bighairedmike
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
^ ^

what if he did a white person or an albino?
Peel
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
To say Darnell is black is paradoxial: he is supposedly black, but he isn't at all. If are addressing the notion of colour, then Darnell must be white - he's albino after all. I think it's more accurate to classify him as an albino African / Carribean (or whichever race he is).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (22)
25.88%
No - I got the required grades (52)
61.18%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (11)
12.94%

Watched Threads