Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by francescarella)
    my friend hired two hummer limos for her 18th. they are huge beasts. not really elegant vehicles, but they'll get you noticed nonetheless.

8 people could fit in one each and we paid £20 each so thats £160 per limo.
    Well done for answering the question without sanctimony, unlike most other people (including, I must say, myself). :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I know it really doesn't help much, but tbh when I see people coming out of a Hummer limo, I just think of a certain swear word beginning with w that I'm probably not permitted to say on these forums......

ReputationRep:
    Why, whats the point.

The only people I know who would do it is too temporarily lead the rich lifestyle, which is amusing as rich people dont really go about in limos, if it was a stretch it certainly wouldnt be a hummer or a chrysler ! Rich people are driven about in a nice roller or mercedes... :eek:

Are you an attention whore by any chance

Gah such a ghastly idea, limos just suck.

ReputationRep:
    Hummers are tacky.
    Limos are tacky.

Get a taxi.

ReputationRep:
    my friend hired two hummer limos for her 18th. they are huge beasts. not really elegant vehicles, but they'll get you noticed nonetheless.

8 people could fit in one each and we paid £20 each so thats £160 per limo.
    Really? Jesus, that's well cheap! The site I looked on had them for minimum £900!

And as for the replies, the OP asked for price quotes not for opinions. It's not your birthday so shut up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alenax)
    Really? Jesus, that's well cheap! The site I looked on had them for minimum £900!

And as for the replies, the OP asked for price quotes not for opinions. It's not your birthday so shut up.
    ummmm "i was just wondering if anyone has done" not many people have, and they are giving reasons why.

So what is the point in your post, and don't try and be a smartass and ask the point in mine, mine is purely based on your exsisting
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by jismith1989)
    Well done for answering the question without sanctimony, unlike most other people (including, I must say, myself). :cool:
    i must admite before i'd been in one myself i was like nooooo theyre horrible. but at the end of the day it's just a limo for one night and it really is a bit of fun.

so, yep, no sanctimony from me just usefel advice:yep:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper

to be fair, the company we used was from on in manchester and perhaps they will probably cheaper than in london. but my god £900!!!! thats ridiculous!! is it made of gold? does it come with a bodyguard? :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bavarian Motor Works)
    ummmm "i was just wondering if anyone has done" not many people have, and they are giving reasons why.

So what is the point in your post, and don't try and be a smartass and ask the point in mine, mine is purely based on your exsisting
    I wasn't planning on doing that, could have worded my post a bit better... basically, the OP is asking about the experience I'm assuming, not whether her personal taste for birthday transportation is up to the national standard. I just think there's no need to be *****y about it, after all, 18th birthdays are as good a reason to be outlandish as any.

ReputationRep:
    to be fair, the company we used was from on in manchester and perhaps they will probably cheaper than in london. but my god £900!!!! thats ridiculous!! is it made of gold? does it come with a bodyguard? :woo:
    It better come with a bodyguard made of gold also, and expensive champagne for free on tap, I ended up hiring a normal limo anyway for £220, but yeah it was a bit scary looking at it!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    It better come with a bodyguard made of gold also, and expensive champagne for free on tap, I ended up hiring a normal limo anyway for £220, but yeah it was a bit scary looking at it!
    haha *mental image of a golden bodyguard inside limo*
    i paid £120 for my normal limo when it was my year11 leavers ball. i guess maybe there really is a north/south price divide when it comes to beasty transport:ninja:
    when the hummer limos pulled up outside the clubs evryone was like oh.my.god. lol. theyre huge inside. like a tardis! (admittedly theyre just as big from the outside haha)
    did you have fun?

ReputationRep:
    haha *mental image of a golden bodyguard inside limo*
    i paid £120 for my normal limo when it was my year11 leavers ball. i guess maybe there really is a north/south price divide when it comes to beasty transport:ninja:
    when the hummer limos pulled up outside the clubs evryone was like oh.my.god. lol. theyre huge inside. like a tardis! (admittedly theyre just as big from the outside haha)
    did you have fun?
    Stupid divide, I'm celebrating my birthdays up north from now on :mad:

I had loads of fun, we went to two clubs in the limo and it's pretty funny watching everyone look progressively more drunk in each photograph! The journey to the first one was very civilised and all smiles, posing etc, the journey to the second one wasn't quite as uhh... orderly.

Did you?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Stupid divide, I'm celebrating my birthdays up north from now on :mad:

I had loads of fun, we went to two clubs in the limo and it's pretty funny watching everyone look progressively more drunk in each photograph! The journey to the first one was very civilised and all smiles, posing etc, the journey to the second one wasn't quite as uhh... orderly.

Did you?
    ahah yeh mine started off respectable and then the journey back was hilariously debauched. the fact that we were all in fancy dress added to the randomness. at one point i think i snogged someone dressed at a Beatle:o: it was even funnier cos i was dressed up as a ringmistres ahah. my god fun times:p:

im movin down to london next week so will be paying considerably larger amounts of moeny for, well, everything

(Original post by Renal)
    And honk the horn a lot if it's Eid or Bangladesh win some cricket.
    LOL you must love Whitechapel.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    Alternatively, why not just buy up a small plot of Amazonian rainforest and have it razed to the ground? I daresay it'd be more honest (not to mention, quicker).
    How sanctimonious of you. I hope you've made your donation for buying a patch of the Amazon to save for future generations.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.