Whats the biggest spider thats ever surprised you in your house? Watch

play_fetch
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
urgh i've seen so many big spiders in my house. spiders are the only thing (of which i am aware) that i am scared of. some of the ones in my house have been at least the size of a peanut without the shell removed.
i was once so terrified of a spider in my room one night i didn't move for the entire night and i spent it in an empty corner of the house with a blanket wrapped around me until my dad tracked it down and killed it the next day. only then could i resume activities in my room lol.
i used to have a cat that ate them in my room but he died =( now we have a next cat but she is probably just as scared as me.
HJV
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Its body was about the size of a golfball. Plus then there were big legs.

This was when I lived in Brazil, though

EDIT: It looked like this fella here:

sarCAZm
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Um. two of them at once, about the size of a saucer (inc legs obviously, but they were really meaty and hairy), ambushed me and my brother once when we were home alone. And considering he is a big fella, he is suuuch a pussy about spiders. We concocted an evil plan. First, they were sprayed with an aerosol, causing them to fall onto a bed of crushed crisps, and rat poison, a heavey book was then dropped on them, and then everything was hovered up, and the hover thrown out into the garden in case they surivived, and would crawl out and kill us.
Sophie*Lou
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by death.drop)
unless they're zombie spiders.

there really should have been some zombie spiders in 28 days later :yep:
Shush!!!!!!!!
I Have No Imagination
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
A spider was on me as I was doing my philosophy GCSE. It was green. I let out a little shriek and stabbed it with my pen.
thanette
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
We apparently swallow quite a few in our sleep each year...but I wonder how this is possible..wouldn't the struggling legs aggravate our throat and gag reflexes?
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by JointVenture)
camel spider killed my dog.
Wait. I was just about to link this story [scroll down to "Afghan spider invades Para’s home"].

This is you?
moneyballs2
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I had a picture of one, it was huuuuge. Not got it right now because I'm on a different computer. If this thread is still going when i get my laptop back I'll post it. But it'll probably be about 12 pages in
JointVenture
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Drewski)
Wait. I was just about to link this story [scroll down to "Afghan spider invades Para’s home"].

This is you?
Lol, i was making a funny :p:
GodspeedGehenna
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
The other day, I was sitting browsing TSR in my flat when I saw a massive black blob in the corner of my eye running towards my feet. I jumped up and had a look at it was MASSIVE and damn fast too.

I mean.. WHY? Why run at my toes? Did it just want to die? Horrid things.
Celifein
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by thanette)
We apparently swallow quite a few in our sleep each year...but I wonder how this is possible..wouldn't the struggling legs aggravate our throat and gag reflexes?
I think it's meant to be 8 in our lifetime, but everyone started saying it was 8 a year because it sounded more dramatic. Either way, I have no idea who came up with that figure or how they came to that conclusion.
.pushing.charlotte.
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
handled a stunning tarantula at college
fell in love a little bit.

biggest spider in my house was when i lived in africa and it was HUGE! so strong that it even fought the suction from the hoover, and then when it finally got sucked in, it decided to come crawling back out. =/
Mighty Grandiose Noble Knight
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Spire)
It was big enough for me to see the hairs on it.
That is enormous. An escaped tarantula imo :yep:
Jingaling
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
My student house is quite old so there's a lot of spiders lurking around the place. And there is a one which seems (since I'm quite scared of spiders) about the size of my fist when it reappears in my room (its a serial offender). Obviously it's not THAT big but it's big enough for my friends boyfriend (I don't want to kill it, just get someone to put it outside!) who isn't even bothered about spiders actually backed away and said "that's a little too big, I don't want to pick it up".

I'm slightly concerned that over the summer it's again found it's way back into my room and will be waiting when I get back.......
Jessaay!
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Well this isn't strictly answering the question, but when my brother and I were much younger we were building a den under my bed (my bed was like a high bed, with a hollow bit underneath which was enclosed by wooden wall things, therefore it was quite dark under there). We went to get under the bed, and we saw the shadow of what looked like the hugest spider ever. It was black and about the size of a tarantula. We screamed, got my dad to the rescue, he chickened out so we decided to put a glass over it and leave it in there for a week so it could die. I had many a restless night about this spider under my bed under a glass. We checked it a week later and it hadn't moved so we presumed it must have been dead when we found it. my dad went to take it out. Turns out it was a rubber spider toy that had fallen out of one of the toy boxes I kept under my bed.
thanette
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Celifein)
I think it's meant to be 8 in our lifetime, but everyone started saying it was 8 a year because it sounded more dramatic. Either way, I have no idea who came up with that figure or how they came to that conclusion.
YAY I like your reasoning, rep to you.
thanette
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
The other day, I was sitting browsing TSR in my flat when I saw a massive black blob in the corner of my eye running towards my feet. I jumped up and had a look at it was MASSIVE and damn fast too.

I mean.. WHY? Why run at my toes? Did it just want to die? Horrid things.
Lol, just like that film 'The Happening'...it wants to ensure you BAM it hard with your foot so it descends into spidey-suicide land.
Shortarse
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Boris the Spider - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OtsEH5J3Cs

蘋果
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Jessaay!)
Well this isn't strictly answering the question, but when my brother and I were much younger we were building a den under my bed (my bed was like a high bed, with a hollow bit underneath which was enclosed by wooden wall things, therefore it was quite dark under there). We went to get under the bed, and we saw the shadow of what looked like the hugest spider ever. It was black and about the size of a tarantula. We screamed, got my dad to the rescue, he chickened out so we decided to put a glass over it and leave it in there for a week so it could die. I had many a restless night about this spider under my bed under a glass. We checked it a week later and it hadn't moved so we presumed it must have been dead when we found it. my dad went to take it out. Turns out it was a rubber spider toy that had fallen out of one of the toy boxes I kept under my bed.
Lol! Amusing :p:

And to the original question, biggest I've seen is the size of around 3 fingers wide. Its annoying, the big ones seem to be the ones that run the fastest. So it was a pain to get rid of. Being not a fan of spiders, I killed it rather than put it outside. :o:
afc1886
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Ahhhh check out this spider bite:

X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (199)
27.6%
No (522)
72.4%

Watched Threads