Higher maths: Straight line Help Watch

Unbounded
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
lol was just looking before you posted. IMO looks similar to further maths a-level standard, but maybe im wrong....
pamelaa
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by GHOSH-5)
lol was just looking before you posted. IMO looks similar to further maths a-level standard, but maybe im wrong....
Well A levels are harder than highers so. :p: I've actually never done higher maths at school. I suck at maths
Unbounded
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by pamelaa)
Well A levels are harder than highers so. :p: I've actually never done higher maths at school. I suck at maths
lol fair enough
Phlebas
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Questions A and B have been fairly well explained, for the median question just remember that AD is the line through point A and the midpoint of BC. So you'll need to use the co-ordinates of B and C to work out D, you then have two points on the line AD and so can work out the equation using the same methods described above.

As concerns Scottish system vs. English, I gather that Higher maths ~ AS Maths and AH Maths ~ A2 Maths ~ First year of Scottish university maths courses. Scottish university degrees take four years compared to three in England and most people have the qualifications to go to them after fifth year (Year 12), but generally don't until after sixth (Year 13).
Donald Duck
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by GHOSH-5)
That's what I thought as well...
gdunne42
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Never thought about Scotland but they are already back at school so good assumption! I assumed Ross was GCSE higher tier as I know nothing about the Scottish system. This level of question could be GCSE, AS C1/C2 or indeed OCR Add Maths (FSMQ).

If it is Scottish highers then I'm sure you'd be expected to use the standard results for x,y plane coordinate geometry to get the answers.

Ross, I'm happy to send you some notes on this if they'd be helpful.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (851)
80.74%
Leave (203)
19.26%

Watched Threads