Getting back into my faith Watch

This discussion is closed.
Hmughal
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Awesome-o)
Are Muslims on commission for every successful Christian they convert to Islam?
Yeah, but we get bonuses for ignorant people like you.:yep:
King4eva
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
lol my friend is always trying is convert me...i told him that im happy being a christian but he still keeps sending me videos on youtube trying to convince me that christianity is wrong
Psyk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Are atheists?
pink_lucie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
thanks everyone
Lu-x
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
How old are you? What about finding a local Christian youth group?
BrightGirl
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'd say start going to church!
I used to go when I was little, but have since stopped as i'm no longer Christian. BUT if I were to go back to it, i'd start going to church first.
Crimson Black
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Psyk)
Are atheists?
Nope, they've only recently begun. Muslims have had almost a thousand years of experience converting Christians, often persuading at the tip of the sword, and forcing them to pay a fee to be allowed to practice their faith in their islamic countries, because Allah's followers are nothing if not gracious. :rolleyes:

The atheistic point of view is quite mild in comparison.
d123
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by pink_lucie)
Ok so my life is a mess right now and I need something but im not sure what is it. Recently my sister has been going on about god and faith etc so I was thinking about getting in touch with my chrisitan roots.
I went to a rc primary school and a convent secondry school but as I got to my teens I lost all interest in god and stoped believing!

I stoped going to church and im not really sure i would be welcome there because of things with my mum( she was a regular worshiper for many many years but because of her drinking and the priest taking the piss shes stoped going) and that the priest is a horrible man!

But I have no idea where to start! Do i start reading the bible? (which i never did before) Do I go to church on sunday?

Where do i start?
Where do you live?

Some areas have Christian youth events on, I actually help to run one in Birmingham, its amazing. They are great places if you're not quite sure as you don't have to be Christian to go, there are usually people available to chat to and pray with
Thud
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Go to confession first to get rid of all the nastyness you did when you weren't believing then you can start with a clean slate.
*Dreamer*
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by pink_lucie)
Ok so my life is a mess right now and I need something but im not sure what is it. Recently my sister has been going on about god and faith etc so I was thinking about getting in touch with my chrisitan roots.
I went to a rc primary school and a convent secondry school but as I got to my teens I lost all interest in god and stoped believing!

I stoped going to church and im not really sure i would be welcome there because of things with my mum( she was a regular worshiper for many many years but because of her drinking and the priest taking the piss shes stoped going) and that the priest is a horrible man!

But I have no idea where to start! Do i start reading the bible? (which i never did before) Do I go to church on sunday?

Where do i start?
I commend you for returning to God, devoting my life was one of the best decisions that I've made. I think that it will be a very slow process, to make the most of it take your time and don't rush into it.

I would just start by praying frequently and rebuilding that bridge between yourself and God. Reading the bible of course is important, but I don't think it is wise to dive headfirst into it. The book of John is amazing and refreshing, especially when you are renewing your faith, or indeed starting from scratch. So perhaps take your time studying that. Psalms is also good, so reading a couple a day, might make a difference. What you might want to do is to order a daily devotional, I get the Word 4u2day...it gets you ready for the day.

As for going to church, it would be wise to. But find one which suits you best, and talk to someone who you feel is understanding. Becoming a 'Christian' is like learning football, unless you join a team you're likely to give up.

All the best..x
Khubseerat
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
..on commisson... lol

One might say that it's not for commisson exactly but they are just giving you new ideas to think about. That's the only point what this thread is for: someone needs help, people give their own advice. Isn't it?
Awesome-o
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Well the topic is "Getting back into my faith".
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (239)
27.28%
No (637)
72.72%

Watched Threads